Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
We can directly negotiate with West Coast only.

That is quite literally what my post says: "If West Coast were prepared to do that deal to give us pick 1, North could offer a better deal for it."
As in, North can offer a better deal to West Coast than we can.

Clubs prepared to pay Ben McKay 800k a season is the biggest footy scandal since Carey/Stevens.

A genuinely bog ordinary key back.

My favourite part was when one of our chief BF negotiators offered two first rounders (AND a young guy worth a high first who plays a position where we are totally bereft of talent) for a kid who hasn't played an AFL game and has obvious flaws with his disposal, and it was laughed at for being completely insufficient.

My second favourite part was the disjointed ramblings of an opposition supporter from another team altogether.

Trade time is my favourite 🤗

And yet, they both make more sense than Clarkson saying a top-five compo pick for some unknown key defender would be "unsatisfactory".

On AFL360 they said the Eagles released a statement saying the first pick would be used to bring in young talents (plural).

It might be reading too much into it. But if they want Curtin guaranteed, even if Melbourne got their hands on pick 4 I don’t think that’s enough. North or Hawthorn would be a fair chance to go for Curtin. That would make either of those teams more likely to be able to get a deal done for Curtin.
Or if North get over-the-top compensation as mentioned, for McKay; but they might have to trade that compensation pick.? Then could we be in the running.? eg: hReid.

But I do like the idea of us getting 2 top 10 picks.

And yet, they both make more sense than Clarkson saying a top-five compo pick for some unknown key defender would be "unsatisfactory".
Clarko: I can't believe people said we should tank. There are more important things than draft picks.

Also Clarko: We are the most terrible club to ever exist and need more assistance than any club has ever received.

There will be at least a dozen clubs after the Suns pick-us included, whoever gets it will pay a huge premium. I don’t think you guys need Reid, I would have thought you keep your bonanza from the list flogs at Freo who thought they were a lot better than they were. They’ve basically handed you the picks to develop the next gen players under your guns. You could do with an established KPF though. Not that I’d think he’d want to move but any interest in Jack Darling? Can play good footy, just been s**t for two years.
You don't think LJackson was worth the picks, we got from HiHo.

Darling is too old now.

Or if North get over-the-top compensation as mentioned, for McKay; but they might have to trade that compensation pick.? Then could we be in the running.? eg: hReid.

But I do like the idea of us getting 2 top 10 picks.
It’s possible North get assistance picks they must trade, but not from McKay compensation. They got a couple of those last year.

North are perfectly positioned to get pick 1 if they want it. Nobody will be able to outbid them.

Edit: I should written assistance instead of compensation.

Last edited:
Christ on a bike, it's even worse on the Eagles board o_O

Melbourne Give - 5, 15, 24, future first, JVR
Melbourne Get - 1 (Harley Reid)

Imagine trading JVR and our first two picks for an unknown quality

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If you calculate JVR’s value solely on the pick he was drafted at (19) it’s not as outlandish a deal as it sounds.

5, 15 & 19 for pick 1 (Reid)

I understand the argument that JVR has more real value to us now because of our thin forward line options, but lets be honest he was a late first round pick.

That all said, I’m one who errs on the side of pick 1’s having overinflated value so I probably wouldn’t do it anyway.

I also lean towards a spread of talent across the ground who are selfless and well drilled, rather than over reliance on Judd-like Messiah types.

No matter how good a player is they can’t be in three areas of the ground at once.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you calculate JVR’s value solely on the pick he was drafted at (19) it’s not as outlandish a deal as it sounds.

5, 15 & 19 for pick 1 (Reid)

I understand the argument that JVR has more real value to us now because of our thin forward line options, but lets be honest he was a late first round pick.

That all said, I’m one who errs on the side of pick 1’s having overinflated value so I probably wouldn’t do it anyway.

I also lean towards a spread of talent across the ground who are very well coached, rather than over reliance on Judd-like Messiah types.

No matter how good a player is they can’t be in three areas of the ground at once.
In that case we should offer up Cale Morton, Jimmy Toumpas and Jack Watts for pick 1. Three top 5 picks for 1 what a bargain!

In that case we should offer up Cale Morton, Jimmy Toumpas and Jack Watts for pick 1. Three top 5 picks for 1 what a bargain!
Next year will be Toump's breakout, I can feel it

Nah, we just offer L.Mcdonald + Turner + pick 16 for pick 1. Or West Coast just use their first round pick for Curtain.Probkem solved.
Classic big footy move of trading out a bunch of spuds to get a good player back. List managers hate this one weird trick!

How big are you on the Harley Reid pick?

When it comes to a godfather offer, what would you offer up?

I am assuming you do not want to move on any quality players and not interested in list cloggers, so it comes down to picks.

You have the following collateral

Pick 5/6 (Freo - set at 5 but may slide back with McKay FA Compo)
Pick 15/19 (Mlb R1 depending on finals and could also slide back with McKay and Parish FA compo)
Pick 24/28 (Freo - set at 24 but could slide back 3 to 4 places with other FA plus above and more with bid matches)
Pick 34/38 (Mlb R2 - refer above)
Future R1 which I value as a very back end R1 in 2024
Whatever you get for a Grundy trade - so likely to be a R2 so roughly 30.

Would you go Texas no limits style and go the whole hog? Your list does not call out for much so 1 absolute star makes more sense for you than us.

It is overs but that is what a godfather offer needs to be. I am sure West Coast could return you with 54 and 57 (I have not bothered to calculate what these might be as they start off poor but come in quick once the points are eaten up with NGA and F/S with 30 and 40 range picks

What does that look like? Assuming even more compromise in R1 and end of R1: -

View attachment 1789335
It would need to be offered up early as a way for West Coast to start negotiations with the Suns and Hawks about getting up earlier and hence giving a significant premium away. I would want to be landing at least 1 pick in the top 3/4 and another around 10 as my targets would be McKercher and Murphy plus one of the running HBF on offer plus something next year.

I fear the Suns pick will be expensive as the Doggies with 10 and 17 are likely to set the market and there is a drop off after Reid, McKercher, Duursma, Curtin and Watson (excluding the NGA talent).

I would take less IF those tin rattlers from Arden St do not get a band 1 compo, hence you keep one of your R2 or Grundy trade picks.
Hahahahahahahaha hahahaha

Piss off mate

Christ on a bike, it's even worse on the Eagles board o_O

My response to West Coke would be:

cosmo-kramer-seinfeld.gif.bbccefccde591829d7f627848849d6b1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back