Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
So let’s just get all uncontested players then. Because they use the ball better. I’ll take this thanks.

And Clarry isn’t finished yet.
So your argument back is he gets awards based off being a stat padder? Basically confirms everything I'm saying because that's all the pro Oliver people have, they can't actually talk about his footy because nothing I said in relation to Gulden was wrong

Yet you'll go into the coaching thread an bitch about our shit F50 entries and have no idea why

Gulden gets all the pats on the arse and rightly so, but I'd rather have Blakey. Reminds me a bit of Travis Johnstone but from what I can tell not quite as lazy. Ripper nickname, funny looking bloke. Mad skills.
You can't trust someone named Errol. You really can't.

Oliver aside, honestly at what's been touted by the media as the price for pick 1 I'd be annoyed if we traded for it. Like on trade radio today they mentioned us trading up to pick 10 then using 5+10+13 for pick 1. That's just an absurd price to pay to move up 4 picks, just keep the picks, if we can solidify our draft hand to something like the above picks just back in our recruiting team and pick 3 good young kids.

Maybe we add another elite mid, an elite small forward and another key fwd or a future May replacement or something like that. We arent gonna be blessed with this strong a draft hand again unless our performance drops off and this is how we extend our window. Thats assuming there's no way for us to get some rdy made forwards/ players with the picks except McAdam.

Like if we were gonna offer WCE 3 top 15 picks, what's to say they say no if we offer that for Oscar Allen, he'll be 27-28 by the time WCE are competing for finals. I don't understand why we wouldn't be using the Grundy money to entice someone like him or Ben King or Larkey etc. Maybe it isn't possible but I rly hope we're at least trying. 🤔

I agree. Some of the trade suggestions of three first round picks (including pick 5) for pick 1 are very risky. Top sides have a spread of talent across the park. Harley Reid can’t be in attack, midfield and defence at the same time. Yes you need some stars but it’s a team game and weaknesses, wherever they appear, eventually get exposed.
North are in the box seat now for Reid anyway with the cachè of picks they’ll have, especially after getting pick 3 for the McKay compo. If WC do a deal with anyone it’ll be them. Clarkson can afford to take this risk with a full list re-build and all of the bargaining chips at his disposal.

So your argument back is he gets awards based off being a stat padder? Basically confirms everything I'm saying because that's all the pro Oliver people have, they can't actually talk about his footy because nothing I said in relation to Gulden was wrong

Yet you'll go into the coaching thread an bitch about our s**t F50 entries and have no idea why
You don’t end up with that resume by stat padding. Do you even know what that is? He’s not running around the back for a cheap handball. He’s in and under getting the hard ball. It saying he’s elite with ball in hand but give the guy some credit. He’ll be a HOF player.

Gulden gets all the pats on the arse and rightly so, but I'd rather have Blakey. Reminds me a bit of Travis Johnstone but from what I can tell not quite as lazy. Ripper nickname, funny looking bloke. Mad skills.
You can't trust someone named Errol. You really can't.

The only Clayton's ive known have been dickheads. So its a even trade in name for name

You’d think Clarry had committed murder the way some are carrying on about his finals performances. He was rusty guys. Give Errol Gulden a 10 week hammy injury and I promise you he won’t be back at his best within a month either.

You don’t end up with that resume by stat padding. Do you even know what that is? He’s not running around the back for a cheap handball. He’s in and under getting the hard ball. It saying he’s elite with ball in hand but give the guy some credit. He’ll be a HOF player.
No that's not star padding, a contested disposals isn't worth more than an uncontested one. But a great disposal is worth alot more than bombs down the line for an intercept mark.

He is an elite ball winner, that's it. There's so many other elements to footy that just winnning the ball like a decade ago isn't enough. Mids who can use the ball are back and they'll make this last generation of mids look crap

You’d think Clarry had committed murder the way some are carrying on about his finals performances. He was rusty guys. Give Errol Gulden a 10 week hammy injury and I promise you he won’t be back at his best within a month either.
People pay little regard to the fact he missed that time out with a hammy. Who’d think your performance could be a little off. Not to mention the tags he copped on the way back in. I just wish the umps would pay more attention to his opponents constantly holding at stoppages.

People pay little regard to the fact he missed that time out with a hammy. Who’d think your performance could be a little off. Not to mention the tags he copped on the way back in. I just wish the umps would pay more attention to his opponents constantly holding at stoppages.
Ohh now it's the umpires fault, but if he's so elite at ball winning why can't he handle a tag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No that's not star padding, a contested disposals isn't worth more than an uncontested one. But a great disposal is worth alot more than bombs down the line for an intercept mark.

He is an elite ball winner, that's it. There's so many other elements to footy that just winnning the ball like a decade ago isn't enough. Mids who can use the ball are back and they'll make this last generation of mids look crap
We need to compliment him with some skill on the outside. We haven’t exactly got a skilful side in general. At his best he has a burst from stoppage but didn’t regain after him hammy.

****ing hell. Can we make a thread just for the nuffs who want to keep complaining about Oliver? This is meant to be a trade thread and we shouldn't have to skip a thread or have most of the posts blocked because the same few posters keep posting the same irrelevant rubbish in this thread.

Mods pls.

That’s it. You’ve convinced me. The 18+ AFL coaches who voted Clarry the best player in the country twice have NFI. He should be stripped of those awards and have his 4 Blueys reviewed while we’re at it.

He gets tagged almost every week and still gets the ball. I was just commenting on his lack of free kicks. Gawn gets smashed every week too without frees.
That just doesn't mean anything. Every supporter sooks about the same thing about their players. The best deal with it.

That’s it. You’veconvinced me. The 18+ AFL coaches who voted Clarry the best player in the country twice have NFI. He should be stripped of those awards.
Lol so you agree with our gamestyle and Goody's coaching moves 100% then because you couldn't possibly disagree with anything they say right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back