List Mgmt. 2023 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key Trade & Draft Dates
Key Dates:

Trade Period, October 6–18
  • Restricted & Unrestricted Free Agency Period: Friday, October 6, 9am – Friday October 13, 5pm (bid matching ends Monday October 16, 5pm)
  • Trade Period (1), picks & players: Monday, October 9, 9am – Wednesday October 18, 7.30pm
Quiet Period, October 19–November 20
  • Trade Period (2), picks only: Monday, October 23, 9am – Friday November 10, 5pm
  • List Lodgement 1*: Tuesday, October 31, 2pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (1): Wednesday, November 1, 9am – Wednesday November 8, 5pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (2): Friday, November 10, 9am–5pm
  • List Lodgement 2*: Tuesday, November 14, 2pm
Draft Period, November 20–22
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Monday, November 20, time and venue TBA
  • Trade Period (3), picks only: Tuesday, November 21, 5.45pm–6.30pm
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Tuesday, November 21, 7pm until completion
  • Rookie Promotions: Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Wednesday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3.20pm
  • Final List Lodgement*: Thursday, November 23, 4pm
* List lodgement dates are yet to be made public, so are approximate based on past history and the requirements of the AFL Rules. When lists are lodged, the number of players on the list must not exceed maximum list sizes. At the same time, clubs must provide the AFL with estimates of total player payments in the current and following year, which must prove the club is not and will not exceed the salary cap. (AFL Rules 5.3, 6.1, 6.8, 7.2, 7.9)

Last edited:
Get pick 4 from GC. Bundle up pick 4 and Logan to WC for pick 1.

Bring in Harley, Grundy and McKay, use our future first to get back to get our academy pick.

We need to take risks to remain competitive in the NSW market now we dont have the star power of Buddy...

Harley and Errol could be the partnership that keeps us relevant in a highly competitive market.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Yikes! I wouldn't even want pick 1 for Logan let alone giving up more. KPF's don't grow on trees.

It better not be more than that, if they ask for me, I'd be walking away personally. I personally didn't have Grundy worth a top 10 a couple of years ago anyway, more in the late teens. Pick 22 with something back our way to help match Cleary maybe a 4th or something
Narrator: But they didn't ask him...

Neither do players like Hodge, selwood, Judd and Daicos...

We’d have no forwardline. Mids are so much easier to find. You are robbing Peter to MAYBE at best pay Paul. We know Logan will be good he’s tracking as good as the better forwards in the game.

Neither do players like Hodge, selwood, Judd and Daicos...

Lol mate I thought you were kidding, surely you aren't serious.

I'm a footy fanatic and whichever games I can't watch live, I watch on replay. These are the things you can do when retired.
Granted, watching the north and WC games was not great entertainment, I do so so that I know what happened in that game rather than just reading a half page in the herald sun about it.
As a result, I feel I'm in a far better place to make judgement on McKay than anyone else here.
Retired! Your avatar and name has made me think of you as a hot, young Norman Brown

Norman Brown is ecologist speak for a Northern Brown Bandicoot

Sorry, is this not a place to throw up "hypothetical trades"

It is but generally people actually believe the suggestions they're making. If you believe it you're being daft.

Same pontificators keep posting the same dribble about anything positive the club are doing or rumoured to be doing to try and get us the ultimate success once again. Grundy s**t McKay s**t not worth that pick not worth that money blah blah ****ing blah ! Yes mediocrity over success any day 🙄 Anybody thinks we are challenging seriously again by sitting pat and hoping development from within the current list should seek some sort of counselling. This List is promising in the chase for another flag but it needs to fill some glaring gaps as well.

You just beautifully described this years results doing just that. After making a GF

We have to do something, the exact same internal development will happen at every club and Warner is proof you can’t bank on it.

Assuming the Elimination Final side was our best 22 (and really cost ourselves that game)

We have Draft Picks: 11, 22, 30, 41, 49, 85

We Lose: Hickey, 30 (for Grundy)
We could Add: Grundy, McKay (Free Agent), 11, 22, Cleary (use up the remaining picks for points)

Could lead to a best 22 + initial depth of

Backs - Rampe, McKay, McCartin, Cunningham, Florent, Blakey, Lloyd (Melican, Fox, Francis)
Mids - Gulden, Campbell, McInerney, Parker, Warner, Rowbottom, Mills (Sheldrick, Roberts, Stephens, Cleary, Warner)
Fwds - McLean, McDonald, Amartey, Papley, Hayward, Wicks, Heeney (Buller, HHK, Sheather)
Ruck - Grundy (Ladhams, McAndrew)

11 and 22 add more depth.

It's not doom and gloom, just have to make the right moves and hope that those two guys want to come to us.. it won't cost us much at all.

Grundy and McKay for Hickey and Melican make a huge difference to our results. (Note - rated Melican's work when he played, McKay is just a better footballer)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming the Elimination Final side was our best 22 (and really cost ourselves that game)

We have Draft Picks: 11, 22, 30, 41, 49, 85

We Lose: Hickey, 30 (for Grundy)
We could Add: Grundy, McKay (Free Agent), 11, 22, Cleary (use up the remaining picks for points)

Could lead to a best 22 + initial depth of

Backs - Rampe, McKay, McCartin, Cunningham, Florent, Blakey, Lloyd (Melican, Fox, Francis)
Mids - Gulden, Campbell, McInerney, Parker, Warner, Rowbottom, Mills (Sheldrick, Roberts, Stephens, Cleary, Warner)
Fwds - McLean, McDonald, Amartey, Papley, Hayward, Wicks, Heeney (Buller, HHK, Sheather)
Ruck - Grundy (Ladhams, McAndrew)

11 and 22 add more depth.

It's not doom and gloom, just have to make the right moves and hope that those two guys want to come to us.. it won't cost us much at all.

Grundy and McKay for Hickey and Melican make a huge difference to our results. (Note - rated Melican's work when he played, McKay is just a better footballer)
Those two guys will not come to us.

I think Melican is being smart to wait before he signs anything. If McKay comes then he will ask to be traded where he would probably get a pay increase. If McKay doesn't come then he has the advantage in negotiating a new contract with us.

Now there are three words I never thought Id see in the one sentence.:think:

So why is that ? Because I have it on good authority Grundy has said Yes to an offer.
Because we are always used as a mechanism by player agents to improve their player's position in such circumstances.
Reason?
Because the player agents get a cut.

Now I haven't received the information you have so my post was based on what I do know & not what you know, hence why my name is attached to it.
That The Sydney Swans get used & named as a destination club when no one of any real worth has actually come to us since Buddy Franklin came & since we lost our CoLA. That's been 10 years now. I have no reason to think that suddenly this season it will change. Not until I see these players in the red & white because Daniher was coming too & it didn't get over the line.

You're entitled to post that but until it is done it is just another bit of speculation.........................like Daniher.

We should be thankful that one failed! We wouldn’t have Logan for 10+ years potentially

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back