List Mgmt. 2023 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key Trade & Draft Dates
Key Dates:

Trade Period, October 6–18
  • Restricted & Unrestricted Free Agency Period: Friday, October 6, 9am – Friday October 13, 5pm (bid matching ends Monday October 16, 5pm)
  • Trade Period (1), picks & players: Monday, October 9, 9am – Wednesday October 18, 7.30pm
Quiet Period, October 19–November 20
  • Trade Period (2), picks only: Monday, October 23, 9am – Friday November 10, 5pm
  • List Lodgement 1*: Tuesday, October 31, 2pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (1): Wednesday, November 1, 9am – Wednesday November 8, 5pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (2): Friday, November 10, 9am–5pm
  • List Lodgement 2*: Tuesday, November 14, 2pm
Draft Period, November 20–22
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Monday, November 20, time and venue TBA
  • Trade Period (3), picks only: Tuesday, November 21, 5.45pm–6.30pm
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Tuesday, November 21, 7pm until completion
  • Rookie Promotions: Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Wednesday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3.20pm
  • Final List Lodgement*: Thursday, November 23, 4pm
* List lodgement dates are yet to be made public, so are approximate based on past history and the requirements of the AFL Rules. When lists are lodged, the number of players on the list must not exceed maximum list sizes. At the same time, clubs must provide the AFL with estimates of total player payments in the current and following year, which must prove the club is not and will not exceed the salary cap. (AFL Rules 5.3, 6.1, 6.8, 7.2, 7.9)

Last edited:
RUNVS do you have a link to the talk of Schoenmaker's alleged behaviour at school? I'm sure it would still just be the word of some Bigfooty commenter but at least it could give people a chance to read it for themselves

RUNVS do you have a link to the talk of Schoenmaker's alleged behaviour at school? I'm sure it would still just be the word of some Bigfooty commenter but at least it could give people a chance to read it for themselves
Be surprised if that isn't player /school interview stuff. Unlikely a link I'd have thought.

How old was he 15 ? . I've had kids i coached who were absolute turds have turned in to absolute great people

Not to defend that behaviour, as it's indefensible, nor to validate those allegations as I know nothing about them, but allow me to introduce you to a massive portion of players in the AFL....

If it weren't so grim, it would be comical how many young prospects with with genuinely deplorable characters get drafted and then described by the recruiters who met with them as "a good kid, from a great family, cares for others" etc.

A current AFL captain racially abused my wife at school.

Dime a dozen in the AFL.

There is nothing actually saying his name here?

Looks like poster wanted to keep the players name quiet?

He offered to PM it, which assume is what happened. Otherwise it's just guesswork.

If he has PM's it I think best to remove the name here then.

His obviously not wanted to make it public.

(For the record so NOT condone this players supposed actions).

"a good kid, from a great family, cares for others" etc.

I feel like this is only a thing in the AFL.

Other leagues basically exclusively talk about their physical prowess.

Mock Draft nominations are now open - be there or be not an oval

Rectangular?

My god this will send a couple into a frenzy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the argument is that we should be pursuing McCluggage because ... you never know ....

Then you could say the same about nearly every player in the league. Maybe Christian Petracca is tired of the culture at Melbourne, you never know.
Have you read the last 700 pages?
That is the argument - ‘you never know’.
Undeniably true …

Taylor Adams bullied a disabled kid in highschool. sauce: I'm friends with said disabled kids family.

Disappointed to read this.

(As for the captain with my wife 100% true, but from what I have heard his turned himself around over the years, people can change).

(As for the captain with my wife 100% true, but from what I have heard his turned himself around over the years, people can change).

the point is - people change and grow up. I think if you ask him now if he could take it all back would he, the answer would be a resounding yes.

I think most kids at one point or another make fun of/bully kids who are different to them. Holding players to actions when they were juvenile especially if there's evidence they've grown significantly as a person is reasonably harsh.

Extract on draft strategy from today's "List Manager" series from Jon Ralph:

View attachment 1849668
Nothing groundbreaking, other than not mentioning potential bid matching for Cleary.

The idea of taking 3 picks interests me, or waiting til SSP or MSD if there's an area where we cop more injury havoc e.g. KPD, ruck, KPF.

Having taken Port in our phantom draft, I'm getting to know the likely 40 to 70 range of the draft a bit more, and there's some promising types bound to still be around (even for a Cat A pick).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back