Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have 3 differences. I've got Worpel instead of Bruhn, Darcy instead of Witts and Oliver instead of Trac. Hope you have a good season :p
Had worpel for about half an hour and hated it :tearsofjoy:
Darcy could easily come in, I've flirted with that idea.
Went Trac purely for ownership. Either is a gun.

You too mate, hope it's a ripper 💪

Had worpel for about half an hour and hated it :tearsofjoy:
Darcy could easily come in, I've flirted with that idea.
Went Trac purely for ownership. Either is a gun.

You too mate, hope it's a ripper 💪
Yeah I'm weighing up the Bruhn v Worpel. Don't like either tbh but gives good options to make the rest of the team nice.
I've had Witts alot of the time. I think he's a solid pick. Wish Jackson played last night to give more clarity on that set up.

Sheed has made way to bring in Oliver (who may go back down to Macrae if he has the role on Saturday) as it was getting too mid-pricey.

Essentially between Hunt and Sheed vs W. Day and Bruhn, with the latter winning right now. Worpel another who might not make the final cut.

LDU, Steele, B. Smith, Macrae, N. Daicos, Sheed, Cerra, L. Henry, Cowan, J. Hunt, T. English and Phillipou, the 12 players who remain in the squad of 100 or so originally, that are all a chance to break into the 22 - so definitely close to finalized, and only need to pick from that 34 over the next two weeks.

Happy enough with this for now:

DEF: Doch, Dawson, Yeo, W. Day, Ginbey, Cincotta (Wilmot, Chesser)

MID: Laird, Oliver, Dunks, T. Green, Worpel, Ashcroft, C. Mackenzie, W. Phillips (Sheldrick, Drury)

RUC: Marshall, Witts (McAndrew)

FWD: Cogs, Taranto, Rozee, Bruhn, T. McLean, Sheezel (Pedlar, F. Greene)

UTL: (Heath)

3K remaining

Last edited:
Not much love for Jack Sinclair, personally never owned him but feel he may pig it.

Not much love for Jack Sinclair, personally never owned him but feel he may pig it.
Need to see game plan and how he's used. Tag threat too now that he's broken out. Grabbed him last year right as he broke out. Super damaging player.

Need to see game plan and how he's used. Tag threat too now that he's broken out. Grabbed him last year right as he broke out. Super damaging player.
No one really tags in the first 11 (bye) and plays 7/11 at marvel where in 2022 he averaged 110.7.

108, 93, 97, 110, 133, 101, 140, 109, 146, 96, 96, 99

Stalking the Saints board, they said last week when they were in trouble they would look for Sinclair (did get pumped by Melbourne)

No one really tags in the first 11 (bye) and plays 7/11 at marvel where in 2022 he averaged 110.7.

108, 93, 97, 110, 133, 101, 140, 109, 146, 96, 96, 99

Stalking the Saints board, they said last week when they were in trouble they would look for Sinclair (did get pumped by Melbourne)
Interesting. Can see them being in trouble a lot. He will cop Clarke and Maginness no doubt depending what round those are.

Yeah just saw they’re effectively back to back either side of bye.

Could be a good pick given he will get a mostly clear 10 games. Essendon tagged him with Guelfi last year and he went to the middle and killed it from memory so he’s capable of breaking it

Thoughts on De Goey after last night ? ....$700K & looked really switched on

Given up on Daicos ?
Daicos tag worries me a lot, and it'll happen quite often this year I think.
Had spare cash to get to Dawson yesterday.

De Goey was one of my first picked when it opened funnily enough, but dropped him to grab LDU instead.
I think he's value and can push 95-100 avg if he can keep his nose clean and maintain mid minutes.
Could be a good stepping stone first half of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if he can keep his nose clean

Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

what's everyones thoughts on Horne-Francis? Scored 80 odd in his first hitout which included a whopping 6 FA's. He'll definitely be a frustrating player to own because he constantly gives free kicks away and is very reckless but the CBA opportunity is there for him.

what's everyones thoughts on Horne-Francis? Scored 80 odd in his first hitout which included a whopping 6 FA's. He'll definitely be a frustrating player to own because he constantly gives free kicks away and is very reckless but the CBA opportunity is there for him.
If he suits your structure why not?

Dom Sheed, James Worpel in that price range and they are more established, as long as you're happy with the risk

I owe Sinclair my hat last year...picking him up early as a POD was massive. With Young spudding up yesterday, I now realise I need a grown man at D1 and so I'm looking at Sinclair again. Docherty and Dawson in the mix as well

Last night tried to drop Taranto down and upgrade a 200K mid. The first part worked, went to Rozee - but the second part failed.... For some odd reason, either my salary cap now or then wasn't correctly calculated....

Without adding it up now, it seems ok (cap + balance = budget) - but last night it wasn't working....

Last night tried to drop Taranto down and upgrade a 200K mid. The first part worked, went to Rozee - but the second part failed.... For some odd reason, either my salary cap now or then wasn't correctly calculated....

Without adding it up now, it seems ok (cap + balance = budget) - but last night it wasn't working....
You downgraded a guy $66k to upgrade $700k? I wonder why it failed? 😂

You downgraded a guy $66k to upgrade $700k? I wonder why it failed? 😂

No you idiot, I went Taranto to Rozee then tried to upgrade someone - but then it said I was out of cash....

Reactionary team after Friday's games

1677842322273.png
1677842367764.png

105k left over

Will keep playing around by shifting Wilmot out, everyone from Yeo down one place and balancing MID/DEF but I don't mind how this has fallen into place

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back