Game Day 2023 Finals Week 1 - Blues v. Swans, Friday 8 Sep, 7:40 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like how we're the underdogs so the coaches have had 2 weeks to pick them apart.. If we were playing the saints they'd be picking us apart.

The case could be made either way for Fox/Melican, and Hickey's obviously retiring, but this is our best 22 IMO. No one's missing and hopefully all who needed a week off benefitted from it. Not sure if we win, but there's no excuses for us not to give this game a damn good shake.

Another super quality op from SwansProudly

As Clubs, the Bloods and Tankers are polar extremes. Here are some examples -

• The Bloods campaign against the perils of gambling, the Tankers made $19m from suicides, family breakdown, violence and neglect and addiction to pokies.
  • The Bloods have one player tonight from another Club, the Filth have over ten.
  • The Bloods are a team; the Crims are just a side of individuals.

If we don’t let Horse on the ground at 3/4 time and lock ihim in a stall for the last quarter we win by 39. If he escapes we win by three points.

I probably would have tried to find a way to leave Stephens in, but otherwise the line up is about as good as we could have hoped for.

What’s with Ladhams btw? It felt like he had become our no. 1 ruck before his ankle. I assumed they’d ease him back into the team over the last few weeks, but he seems to have disappeared. Has he been bad in the reserves? Hickey’s been marginal at best, but hopefully has one or two games left in him.

Carlton holding all their emergencies back from the scratch match.

late out? or cautious?

We are taking a risk like we often do in finals in playing JMac and Melican will be a stroke of genius if it comes off but a sad state of affairs if they break down early.

No judgement as I was on the play Reid bandwagon last year so desperately so but that proved me very wrong.

Hope that it’s a bit different as they’ve been playing in some form in twos or scratch matches.

Tonight was an unexpected bonus to a season I thought was long gone. Hope they bring it all together tonight with manic pressure and elite kicking.

All fired up SwansProudly thank you!!

Can’t wait for the game and for our boys to play the finals footy that we have been known for.

I will be making a hell of a lot of noise to try and minimise the arrogance that is come out of the woodwork from the Carlton supporters, will be a sweet win at G in a packed house if we get up!!

I have become more confident as the couple of weeks has progressed. We just need to withstand their momentum swing/s, whenever that occurs. They won’t deal with our pressure, it will be like a furnace on a Baltic night.

Need to maintain our composure, very windy here in Melbourne, goals will be at a premium and hopefully we are the cleaner finisher!! Go Bloods!!

Just to add insult to injury, the forecast for Melbourne next Friday is a sunny 26.
Thats perfect!! If we get there, Melbournes forward line is dysfunctional, don’t have any quality tall forwards, conditions would suit us!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats perfect!! If we get there, Melbournes forward line is dysfunctional, don’t have any quality tall forwards, conditions would suit us!!

Eh. They swatted us aside like we were nothing in the last round, in a game that meant nothing to them. It was very sobering. Just getting through tonight will be a bonus. Melbourne may be a bridge too far this season.

Eh. They swatted us aside like we were nothing in the last round, in a game that meant nothing to them. It was very sobering. Just getting through tonight will be a bonus. Melbourne may be a bridge too far this season.
If they're without Brayshaw and Van Rooyen it would be a little easier but yes, we have a little ground to make up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back