Game Day 2023 Finals Week 1 - Blues v. Swans, Friday 8 Sep, 7:40 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope the midfield is competitive enough that everyone else becomes a factor. So much of the talk leading into the GF was about the fitness of Reid, which defenders would get Cameron & Hawkins, why McLean was picked over McDonald. Come GF day, the midfield belting made all of those things irrelevant.

Even if we don't win tonight I just want to come out of this game learning more about this Swans team than just, "the midfield needs work."

Still got shorts on . Going to my footy club lunch with Kevin Bartlet he is very funny

oh that will be great fun! KB is a hoot of a storyteller.

As for the weather, I usually have the windows open but have closed them all. I will not even go outside to collect the mail today. Nowadays I lack the ballast and would just be a leaf on that evil wind

We are taking a risk like we often do in finals in playing JMac and Melican will be a stroke of genius if it comes off but a sad state of affairs if they break down early.

No judgement as I was on the play Reid bandwagon last year so desperately so but that proved me very wrong.

Hope that it’s a bit different as they’ve been playing in some form in twos or scratch matches.

Tonight was an unexpected bonus to a season I thought was long gone. Hope they bring it all together tonight with manic pressure and elite kicking.
Will go along way to winning the game however there is one important ingredient to that manic pressure that will win the game.

Hold your ****ing tackles.

Our pressure is benchmark when we apply it at it's maximum. Do this and they will crumble like a stale Scotch Finger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brrr.

Mind you its only 12.5 here at my place in wollongong.
I'm a little south of you, currently 18.4 C feels like 9.5C !

Right well here's some interesting comparisons.

Link to Age article posted in our Daily media thread.

View attachment 1797065

The bloke from Champion Data named checked all of that but also pointed out Sydney's strength is Carlton's w eakness, on the outside. If we can more or less break even on the contested then we're a huge shot - true as far as it goes.

But he didn't talk about our pressure, as Wolfgang West mentioned above, when our pressure is on we're on. All of our big wins in recent years have been when we've brought it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back