Prediction 2023 Ladder Predictor

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Might be interesting to see where people have certain sides finishing

Do it in order, or in ranges, throw in a possible riser and slider

For me, difficult to nail down a ladder predictor in actual spots, so more in a range, but somewhat in order

Expect to finish in the 8
Cats, Demons, Tigers

Fighting for a top 8 spot
Lions, Blues, Swans, Pies, Dogs, Dockers, Port

Next Level
Crows, Bombers, Suns Saints, Eagles

Then
Giants, Roos, Hawks

If picking one side to possibly slide, it's the Lions. One side that could be the biggest riser, Crows

Might be interesting to see where people have certain sides finishing

Do it in order, or in ranges, throw in a possible riser and slider

For me, difficult to nail down a ladder predictor in actual spots, so more in a range, but somewhat in order

Expect to finish in the 8
Cats, Demons, Tigers

Fighting for a top 8 spot
Lions, Blues, Swans, Pies, Dogs, Dockers, Port

Next Level
Crows, Bombers, Suns Saints, Eagles

Then
Giants, Roos, Hawks

If picking one side to possibly slide, it's the Lions. One side that could be the biggest riser, Crows
Agree with Cats, Demons & Tigers, reckon Lions definitely and Pies to finish in the 8 too , remaining 3 spots will be a toss up between, Blues , Dogs, Crows and Port and there’s always the unexpected surprise too.
A finals appearance will be a dure tussle again, as serious contenders have improved their list, so it ain’t going to get any easier.

Last edited:

I see making the 8: Geelong, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane

I see fighting for 8: Collingwood, Carlton, Fremantle, Richmond, Port Adelaide, Bulldogs, St Kilda, Gold Coast, * (with first 4 of this list in 8 after Rd 23)

Not in 8: GWS, Adelaide, West Coast, North, Hawthorn.

I think Saints with their revamped Coaching panel (including Harvey and Hayes) will surprise some people, as also * and Port and GC in their games, but I reckon they will just fall short. I think combo of Lions home games (they will win most), together with picking up some away games, will be enough to get them in the 8. And I can't see Pies having so many wins in close games, and I reckon they will fall back to the pack... just an opinion....

Injuries make all the difference here.

1. Geelong - Just the professionalism. They will win games. Not convinced they win the GF though.
2. Melbourne - Haven't really gained with Jackson out and Grundy in, but they have a point to prove.
3. Brisbane - Dunkley could be the missing piece.
4. Carlton - Just need a good injury run. We now know what it takes to play finals. Have the tall forwards, decent defence and some gun mids. Now or never.
5. Sydney - Felt they made the GF too early for their young players who will be better. Have some forward concerns however.
6. Collingwood - McStay and Mitchell help but can they be as frenetic two years running and can they have as much luck in close games?
7. Richmond - Taranto and Hopper should give them enough to prevent the slide. Still a lot of quality.
8. Gold Coast - Going out on a limb. Too much quality and too many players set to explode on to the scene. Ben King back.
9. Port Adelaide - JHF won't do too much for them in his 2nd year. Rioli a good get.
10. Fremantle - Jackson and Taverner as their main tall forwards? Quality in the midfield but just can't fit them in.
11. Bulldogs - Forward line really coming together. Backline needs more work. Midfield not as scary as it used to be without Dunkley.
12. St Kilda - Almost put them in because someone has to enter from outside. King should be even better. Lyon will have them get more defensive before they surge forward. Game plan change like the one we had to have.
13. Essendon - Should get improvement from their youngsters. Still don't have the quality big bodied mids.
14. Adelaide - Some nice youth and crafty medium forwards. Will surprise a few.
15. North Melbourne - Clarkson will get them playing with structure and some players will break out.
16. West Coast - Haven't added much. So much will depend on Oscar Allen's fitness at one end and McGovern/Barrass at the other.
17. GWS - Just leaking midfielders every year. Hard to see them challenging many.
18. Hawthorn - By design.

1. Geelong - like a fine wine.
2. Brisbane - Dunkley will help Neale immeasurably.
3. Carlton - Time for us to have a really nice run with injuries, fingers crossed.
4. Melbourne - Should be top four again.
5. Richmond - Taranto and Hopper are great inclusions.
6. Sydney - Good young side, maybe slightly over-achieved last year.
7. Freemantle - Nice developing team, could be the big improvers.
8. Bulldogs - Lobb and Jones should help them a lot. How much will they miss Dunkley, this is the big question.
9. Collingwood - The tide turns and they end up loosing ten games by less than two goals, Lol.
10. Port Adelaide - Exciting young midfield developing, will be pushing hard for finals.
11. Gold Coast - They will be better you would think, could make top eight.
12. St Kilda - Ross the boss may help, yet their list is rather ordinary.
13. Adelaide - Maybe I have them a bit low.
14. Essendon - Brad Scott will be hard pressed to find much improvement imo.
15. G.W.S. - Lost too many talented players, will struggle you would think.
16. North - Clarkson factor should make them more competitive.
17. Wet Toast - Probably have them a bit low.
18. Dawks - Should get the number one pick and the spoon.

1. Geelong - like a fine wine.
2. Brisbane - Dunkley will help Neale immeasurably.
3. Carlton - Time for us to have a really nice run with injuries, fingers crossed.
4. Melbourne - Should be top four again.
5. Richmond - Taranto and Hopper are great inclusions.
6. Sydney - Good young side, maybe slightly over-achieved last year.
7. Freemantle - Nice developing team, could be the big improvers.
8. Bulldogs - Lobb and Jones should help them a lot. How much will they miss Dunkley, this is the big question.
9. Collingwood - The tide turns and they end up loosing ten games by less than two goals, Lol.
10. Port Adelaide - Exciting young midfield developing, will be pushing hard for finals.
11. Gold Coast - They will be better you would think, could make top eight.
12. St Kilda - Ross the boss may help, yet their list is rather ordinary.
13. Adelaide - Maybe I have them a bit low.
14. Essendon - Brad Scott will be hard pressed to find much improvement imo.
15. G.W.S. - Lost too many talented players, will struggle you would think.
16. North - Clarkson factor should make them more competitive.
17. Wet Toast - Probably have them a bit low.
18. Dawks - Should get the number one pick and the spoon.

Pies finishing 9th will be delicious, considering some of their twit supporters on the main board

Rough take at this stage after trade period.

Tigers with Hopper and Taranto in the middle should be right in contention. Lions with Dunkley and Gunston is some nice pieces to balance them up better so they would have to feel they serious contender. Fremantle with Luke Jackson and O'Meara is just the type of injection of ready made talent that could boost their chances again. Clearly Cats with Tanner Bruhn and Ollie Henry should more than offset the retirement of Selwood and would back themselves again.

Swans had a poor grand final but when you running into a team on 15 match winning streak it can happen so I do not write them off based on that.

Carlton should be top four but with our injury history it no lock. But I will aim to be optimistic around due injury relief and where I think we should be on talent. Certainly top four but we still learning to put sides away as a team. I have us second behind Demons.
Think Demons are team to beat. Their age profile and experience of their players should have the primed for premiership assault.

Bulldogs with Liam Jones and Rory Lobb add some needed key defence and ruck division strength but lost Dunkely and Hunter so it harder to read how they should go but I will still have them nominally in the finals based on list talent at this point. I just not as confident with Dogs around their coach. I wonder if players need a new voice so if any team was to slide down further than I expecting it could be them.

Pies and Suns to round out the top ten which would almost be divsion one and sense teams after that are not in the real race.
Overall I am expecting a Melbourne or Carlton grand final but Carlton and Richmond or Bisbane would not surprise.

Melbourne
Carlton
Richmond
Brisbane
Fremantle
Sydney
Geelong
Bulldogs
Collingwood
Gold Coast
Adelaide
Port Adelaide
St.Kilda (had them bottom three before Ross took over)
Essendon
West Coast
North Melbourne
GWS
Hawthorn

Last edited:
1. Lions
2. Dees
3. Cats
4. Tigers
5. swans
6. blues
7. pies
8. Port
9. Freo
10. Dogs

Who gives a shit about the rest

No one can make finals other than those 10

1. Brisbane
2. Richmond
3. Melbourne
4. Geelong
5. Sydney
6. Collingwood
7. Carlton
8. Port Adelaide
9. Fremantle
10. Footscray
11. Essendon
12. Gold Coast
13. GWS
14. St Kilda
15. Adelaide
16. North Melb
17. West Coast
18. Hawthorn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be good to look back and check out what most thought about season 2022. I searched but could not find the 2022 ladder predictor?

I can’t recall what my prediction was for 2022 but I still have similar expectation for 2023. Biggest impact factor is having a better run with injuries.

Brisbane
Fremantle
Melbourne
Richmond
Collingwood
Geelong
Gold Coast
Adelaide

Port Adelaide
Sydney
Carlton
St Kilda
GWS
Hawthorn
Western Bulldogs
West Coast
Essendon
North Melbourne

It's painful to put us where I have but I just don't see where we improve. So many individually brilliant players but playing in a club that is essentially mired in a loser mindset. I obviously hope the club can turn it around.

Be good to look back and check out what most thought about season 2022. I searched but could not find the 2022 ladder predictor?

I can’t recall what my prediction was for 2022 but I still have similar expectation for 2023. Biggest impact factor is having a better run with injuries.
Spot on, perennially injured players and poor application / motivation are the evils plaguing our team.
We‘re due to have some luck surely . Go Blues

Everyone is giving the Aints too much credit... I think that they're going to be running for a bottom 3 position. If Clarkson does manage to keep his job at Norf, they are going to be 15th or so.

Carlton should be around the 4-6 mark this year. No second year blues for us under Voss.

The top sides remain. The Filth will be very good. Brissy win the minor. Cats drop slightly. Swans are finals bound but not easily. Dees come Top 4. I actually think Freo drop out - Acres is a huge loss (Lol). I think we make 6/7/8 and battle with Port, Tigers and Dogs for a spot. I reckon North go winless, Wet Toast not much better and Saints win less than a handful. Dopers and Hawks get 5-7 wins, and Fools Gold Coast get around the same maybe a touch more. Crows do little.

BRI
MEL
COL
GEE
SYD
CAR
POR
RIC

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2023 Ladder Predictor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back