2023 Ladder Predictor

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. Win against Port and we will win the last two games to qualify.

Lose and we'd need to win all three of the last games, including vs Collingwood. I can't see that happening minus Hawkins and Blicavs, when Cameron is still a bit proppy.

So it's season on the line this weekend, which is kind of cool. We'll see if we have any shots left to fire.

I agree with that i think we will win the last two but this week is a long shot. If we win all 3 we make the 8 if not we need the dogs and saints and gws to lose a lot.

Will be very hard with our injuries that and our fitness have been our achilles heel all year but crows showed it can be done. We need to silence port early pressure rating needs to be through the roof.

I have us in 10th
Losing to Port and Pies

Winning against Dogs and Saints
View attachment 1760563
Yep we need to win 3 out of 4 now. Before this weekend I have us losing to Port and Collingwood and still making the 8 (after an easy win against dockers!!)

Now it seems like nearly every combination means we have to win 3 out of 4. I think still mathematically possible with 2 wins but requires a lot of other games to go our way.

Can we win 3 out of next 4 - probably… Port are on a 3 game losing streak and playing in our fortress (!!!) and Collingwood looking beatable, St kilda a pretend top 8 team and bulldogs are our bunny….

so with that we should win 3….but of course then I factor in how we are playing…😮

We've basically been throwing up all over ourselves at regular intervals throughout the year. It' just who we are in 2023. And that it happened again on Saturday (at home, with a strong team in, against a mediocre opponent) surely tells us everything we need to know about the likelihood of the team surging into form in the remaining games.

Add the absence of Blitz and Toma (and the ongoing travails of Jez) to last weekend's horrific mix, and it's surely hard to see us winning three of four games from here. If we don't, we surely can't expect enough favourable results to see us qualify. And based on Saturday's 'effort', there's not a game left that it's really difficult to imagine us losing, either.

So for all the permutations and ladder predictions still out there, it's really simple in my view. If we make it from here, I'll be both mildly shocked and pleasantly surprised.

We've basically been throwing up all over ourselves at regular intervals throughout the year. It' just who we are in 2023. And that it happened again on Saturday (at home, with a strong team in, against a mediocre opponent) surely tells us everything we need to know about the likelihood of the team surging into form in the remaining games.

Add the absence of Blitz and Toma (and the ongoing travails of Jez) to last weekend's horrific mix, and it's surely hard to see us winning three of four games from here. If we don't, we surely can't expect enough favourable results to see us qualify. And based on Saturday's 'effort', there's not a game left that it's really difficult to imagine us losing, either.

So for all the permutations and ladder predictions still out there, it's really simple in my view. If we make it from here, I'll be both mildly shocked and pleasantly surprised.
I agree with a fair bit of this but the rollercoaster nature of the season means nothing can be ruled out.

Decimated and on a 3 game losing streak against average sides heading into the Bulldogs game, we prevailed. Bruised and battered after the Port game, few gave us a chance against Melbourne but we got up and then stayed undefeated for a few games.

The narrative heading into this one feels very similar. Two out of form sides with a lot on the line (finals for us, top 2 for Port) meet for something of a cripples showdown. Given that most had this down as a loss and Freo as a win, a victory this week would essentially get us back on course. It's a big ask though.

The size of the fight in the dog has been the disappointment for many.

What yap we get from here is all but predictable.

The strong likelihood is we win 1-2, where those wins come may be harder to predict.

I could see us beating Port or Collingwood and losing to the Bulldogs for example.

Bringing 3 good performances in 4 weeks seems unlikely at this point.

I have accepted we are not playing finals.

I agree with a fair bit of this but the rollercoaster nature of the season means nothing can be ruled out.

Decimated and on a 3 game losing streak against average sides heading into the Bulldogs game, we prevailed. Bruised and battered after the Port game, few gave us a chance against Melbourne but we got up and then stayed undefeated for a few games.

The narrative heading into this one feels very similar. Two out of form sides with a lot on the line (finals for us, top 2 for Port) meet for something of a cripples showdown. Given that most had this down as a loss and Freo as a win, a victory this week would essentially get us back on course. It's a big ask though.
It's these two ideas together that form the basis for my view that our prospects of real success in 2023 are sunk. I certainly agree that it's possible for us to knock off the Power at home this weekend, no matter how much weaker we'll look on paper than the team that got spanked everywhere bar the scoreboard by the Shockers on Saturday. But, even if we do, I would fully expect that to simply be getting us 'back on course' for 'the rollercoaster' of our frighteningly uneven performances through this season to recur in the few remaining weeks of the H&A.

It's just been that sort of year.

It's these two ideas together that form the basis for my view that our prospects of real success in 2023 are sunk. I certainly agree that it's possible for us to knock off the Power at home this weekend, no matter how much weaker we'll look on paper than the team that got spanked everywhere bar the scoreboard by the Shockers on Saturday. But, even if we do, I would fully expect that to simply be getting us 'back on course' for 'the rollercoaster' of our frighteningly uneven performances through this season to recur in the few remaining weeks of the H&A.

It's just been that sort of year.
You reckon we got spanked? For me we missed the easier chances. One guy in particular. Otherwise a pretty close game as far as inside 50s and scoring shots.

catempire do you have expected scores for the Freo and Brisbane games? Or does anybody?

The form lines of the top 8 are pretty crazy lately. The top 4 have had a lot of close games all year and are throwing in some awful results here and there.

Hard to know what the make of this season. There isn't even a massive discrepancy in quality from 3rd through 15th.

You reckon we got spanked? For me we missed the easier chances. One guy in particular. Otherwise a pretty close game as far as inside 50s and scoring shots.

catempire do you have expected scores for the Freo and Brisbane games? Or does anybody?

The form lines of the top 8 are pretty crazy lately. The top 4 have had a lot of close games all year and are throwing in some awful results here and there.

Hard to know what the make of this season. There isn't even a massive discrepancy in quality from 3rd through 15th.
Got spanked, based on what we should have expected from our group in this game. Moving towards finals, at home, good line-up in, against a team with nothing but pride to play for.

We could have snatched it on the day. for sure. But it would have been hard on Freo, who were the team doing the majority of the work for the majority of the game. That's very poor in my view, when you consider what the two teams had at stake in this match.

Got spanked, based on what we should have expected from our group in this game. Moving towards finals, at home, good line-up in, against a team with nothing but pride to play for.

We could have snatched it on the day. for sure. But it would have been hard on Freo, who were the team doing the majority of the work for the majority of the game. That's very poor in my view, when you consider what the two teams had at stake in this match.
Oh right yeah I agree on that. For some reason we have really struggled in games against the 10th-14th type teams. And somehow have been a bit better against top 8 teams (remember Essendon were top 8 both times we played them. Adelaide were too. Then Bulldogs and Melbourne.)

I'll probably be proven wrong but I think pride will get us over the line this week and in the last two. We aren't winning the flag without a crazy turnaround but I could see us winning a final.

We'll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, we rolled over pretty meekly.

@catempire do you have expected scores for the Freo and Brisbane games? Or does anybody?
They didn’t publish the Brisbane game and we lost expected score against Freo by 4 points.

For some reason we have really struggled in games against the 10th-14th type teams.

In the end, I've been compelled to conclude that it is simply because we are not that good in 2023.

I'll probably be proven wrong but I think pride will get us over the line this week and in the last two.

I'd like to think so. But I thought the absence of pride in the group on Saturday was both palpable and pathetic.

We win 3 of our next 4 (only loss is to Collingwood), Sydney beat GWS this weekend, Melbourne beat Carlton next weekend. We most likely then end up 6th or 7th, playing our Elim against the Saints at the G. Win, then we play the loser of Port Vs Melb at AO (most likely Port wins that). Then play Melb in a Semi, beat them, play Pies in a Prelim, beat them, then play Port on Grand Final day and beat them ;)

The strong likelihood is we win 1-2, where those wins come may be harder to predict.

I could see us beating Port or Collingwood and losing to the Bulldogs for example.

Bringing 3 good performances in 4 weeks seems unlikely at this point.

I have accepted we are not playing finals.

We should still play finals bc st kilda are unreliable. But we wont do much if we get there.

I will be surprised if we make it but even so, we will be lucky to win a final.

I expect that we will finish in the middle of the bottom eight.

Teams that we looked upon as being inferior are passing us with momentum.

Alive for another week.

Giants losing helps too as would carlton winning tomorrow.

We are getting the pies at a good time esp if daicos is out but still i dont expect we beat them.
But if we stay within 5 goals of them and protect our % i back us to beat the dogs (definitely) and saints (probably) and that should get us in.

We are getting the pies at a good time esp if daicos is out but still i dont expect we beat them.
But if we stay within 5 goals of them and protect our % i back us to beat the dogs (definitely) and saints (probably) and that should get us in.

Iwould be alot more confident in beating StK than the Dogs - even tho the latter game is at Geel - Dogs are travelling allright at the moment - and they have got the big 3 Bont - Libba and Treloar - who are all in great form and in the midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 Ladder Predictor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back