List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry being traded is the biggest non-story of the year. Not going to happen. Mystifying how this one gained any momentum - certainly not the club or the player fueling it.
I think many, including some of our own supporters, are forgetting just how dangerous Harry can be tbh.
Pushing him up the wings as more of a traditional chf wasn't really his go but if we can have he & Charlie working in tandem, the opposition will be faced with a pick your poison scenario.

I think many, including some of our own supporters, are forgetting just how dangerous Harry can be tbh.
Pushing him up the wings as more of a traditional chf wasn't really his go but if we can have he & Charlie working in tandem, the opposition will be faced with a pick your poison scenario.

Not sure about that. I'd argue he was having his best season at AFL level before going down with injury, playing exactly that role.

Not sure about that. I'd argue he was having his best season at AFL level before going down with injury, playing exactly that role.
That's fine, you're entitled to your perspective.
IMO he was dropping marks & missing sitters and at times clearly down on confidence - to the point where our supporters were calling for him to be dropped.
His best games were played closer to goal where he hit the scoreboard & created opportunities for his teammates.

IMO he was dropping marks & missing sitters and at times clearly down on confidence - to the point where our supporters were calling for him to be dropped.
His best games were played closer to goal where he hit the scoreboard & created opportunities for his teammates.

His goal kicking struggles had little to do with his role. The low confidence was directly related to the conversion.

It's a very long bow to draw that it was all because of him playing further up the ground.

His goal kicking struggles had little to do with his role. The low confidence was directly related to the conversion.

It's a very long bow to draw that it was all because of him playing further up the ground.

Playing an unfamiliar role & fluctuations in form clearly have an impact on confidence too.
Given my point was essentially that we can do a better job of having the two key forwards working in tandem - I'm really not sure what you're trying to argue?

Playing an unfamiliar role & fluctuations in form clearly have an impact on confidence too.
Yes they can. But Harry looked as confident and assured of himself as we've seen at stages, when asserting himself on contests up the ground.

There's a lot of room for growth there given how new the role is, but he was showing extremely encouraging signs.

Given my point was essentially that we can do a better job of having the two key forwards working in tandem - I'm really not sure what you're trying to argue?
I'm disagreeing your claim that it "wasn't really his go". He was playing his role very well.

Ryan is talented but that hamstring injury sounds serious. I also doubt he’d be able to handle a move to Melbourne as he genuinely struggles with the “bright lights” of Perth.

A hard “no” on Thomas for me. The bloke is unreliable and likely to let the club down with his behaviour/work ethic.

Possibly although I reckon we’d possibly trade back slightly to get him or trade for a second round pick. That said I would prefer us looking at a key defender like O’Sullivan with our first pick if he’s still available.

A lot will depend on how he hoes over the next month. If he break down I’d say he’s done.
They will be high pressure games couldn’t get a better test if he survives the next 4 and finals he will have an impact.If he doesn’t that would be a bummer for a great talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting chat with Nic Negrepontis on SEN regarding Paddy Dow. Said this is the defining game of his career, and thinks he'll still be at Carlton next year. Don't know if that's based on any intel or just personal opinion but interesting nonetheless.

Would like the think our focus switches to role players who can come in a do a job for the team, not high cost mercenaries looking for a pay day. Like what Cincotta, Owies, Cottrell and Boyd have added without blowing up the salary cap, think we have a couple in VFL side worth looking at.

Interesting chat with Nic Negrepontis on SEN regarding Paddy Dow. Said this is the defining game of his career, and thinks he'll still be at Carlton next year. Don't know if that's based on any intel or just personal opinion but interesting nonetheless.
Was actually thinking the other day if this was a slight possibility, depending on what offers come in both financially/contract length with the opportunity of more midfield time…

Does Paddy and the club both come to an agreement on a contract that they are both happy with, while he keeps working away and backing himself in as a depth player…

I mentioned earlier in the season that I’d rather keep him than getting a rubbish late round pick, if he was part of a deal in leading to gaining another player type we need then that would be a better option/result, we have very little midfield depth coming through atm…

He's actually a pretty good shot when he's far out. 40-55m he seems to not feel the pressure and can kick truly.

Even closer in, he appeared to have been progressing on his yips with a more settled routine. Pity he got injured during his resurgence.

Nick generally gets good info regarding Carlton.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we want midfield depth, better to retain Dow on a reduced contract or head to the draft. Can't see Flanders, best 22 at GC, coming to us to play VFL. Nor would Stephens be keen to move from Sydney unless it's to increase his senior opportunity.

Both fine players, but I don't think the fit is right.

We either need to trade/free agent some best 22 locks (ie. a key defender to partner Weiters, with Kemp and Gov being given more freedom to intercept and rebound), or draft for the longer term.

Slight aside - if we re-sign JSOS, would hope we look to give him a preseason playing down back. His best chance to keep getting games now that TDK is sticking around is probably going to be through flexibility. Third forward, part time ruck, third defender - lots of opportunity through injuriy/suspension and a strong candidate for the sub vest even when we can't squeeze him into the 22.
I think jsos could be a great winger, has really good endurance, and footy smarts

Harry being traded is the biggest non-story of the year. Not going to happen. Mystifying how this one gained any momentum - certainly not the club or the player fueling it.
Trading Harry shouldn't be off the table. But I'll like to see how we go without him over the next month before we make that call. Now TDK is staying, I think we are to tall up forward and we still need more depth in our Rucks. I think a win win trade would be with Melbourne. Grundy, pick 4 and something else for Harry. With pick 4 we can get either Watson, Duursma or Caddy to add to our forward mix. Also with Kennedy, Cripps and Hewett we are too slow in the midfield. Kennedy could play forward as a 3rd tall and rotate with Cripps. (Kennedy 70% forward and Cripps 30% forward) both would need to work on there goal kicking over the preseason.

HF Martin TDK Cuningham
F Kennedy Curnow Motlop
With either pick 4, Fogarty, Owies or Durdin off the Bench

I didn't include JSOS because I think he is leaving

I wouldn't be against getting Chad Wingard on the cheap he would absolutely kill it in our forwardline, would rather him than Gresham tbh
Imagine this as a forwardline
FF Wingard McKay Motlop
HF Martin Curnow Cunningham
Rotations. Owies, Durdin, Silvagni, Fogarty,Cottrell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back