List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elijah Hollands. Not sure a guy that can’t get a game at Gold Coast is filling a need?
Nonetheless, happy to get him in for low price given his pedigree and his obvious potential at draft time (was a pick 7).

In an ideal world, would love a Will Hayward type. Classy, athletic, a goal kicker and a great mark. Also a difficult match up. Would compliment our talls perfectly.

I would pay out Mirkov and take the extra list spot.

He is no closer to getting a senior game than he was two years ago.

It was worth the punt as he is a great athlete but I think we’d be better off fast tracking Huddy in the 2s and taking a tall utility at the draft.
I’ve no idea if Mirkov will make it but I just don’t see it with Pitto.

That’s a silly response that isn’t necessary. If you want to debate reasons, players etc great but this stuff achieves nothing positive and I’m not interested
Saying we need a De Goey type is a silly response… That’s a completely unrealistic expectation that does nothing but cause angst if it isn’t met. De Goey and Petracca are two of very few in the history of the game that has both that skill set and impact on games

Elijah Hollands. Not sure a guy that can’t get a game at Gold Coast is filling a need?
Nonetheless, happy to get him in for low price given his pedigree and his obvious potential at draft time (was a pick 7).

In an ideal world, would love a Will Hayward type. Classy, athletic, a goal kicker and a great mark. Also a difficult match up. Would compliment our talls perfectly.
We have Jack Martin for that and a superior player

Saying we need a De Goey type is a silly response… That’s a completely unrealistic expectation that does nothing but cause angst if it isn’t met. De Goey and Petracca are two of very few in the history of the game that has both that skill set and impact on games
Hence why he didn't say we need Degoey. A Degoey/Petracca type is simply a strong powerful burst midfielder who goes fwd to kick goals. Cam Rayner is the exact same type of player just far more inconsistent and less impactful on games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s no secret that the best 2 teams in the comp Brisbane and Collingwood both have elite speed and ball use…

They both have the players to win it at the source, then pacey distributors on the outside…

While Cripps, Hewett and Kennedy are all best 22 type players… I’m of the belief we can only carry 2 at a time in the side, Cerra, Acres and Walsh can win their own ball if needed…

We don’t have much currency and aren’t going to trade a Hewett or Kennedy, to get some pace and ball use… So it has to be from within, Williams and Hollands may need to move into the midfield rotation, while Binns and Cottrell share HF/ Wing role…

It’s no secret that the best 2 teams in the comp Brisbane and Collingwood both have elite speed and ball use…

They both have the players to win it at the source, then pacey distributors on the outside…

While Cripps, Hewett and Kennedy are all best 22 type players… I’m of the belief we can only carry 2 at a time in the side, Cerra, Acres and Walsh can win their own ball if needed…

We don’t have much currency and aren’t going to trade a Hewett or Kennedy, to get some pace and ball use… So it has to be from within, Williams and Hollands may need to move into the midfield rotation, while Binns and Cottrell share HF/ Wing role…

Agree. We have the talent within. A midfield mix of Cripps Hewett Cerra Walsh Williams Hollands could be the answer

Doc back to defence. Binns on a wing

Motlop Durdin Owies Fogarty E.Hollands fighting for a small forward role

A couple of smart additions and we can improve a lot

Quit while you’re behind mate. We all knew what he meant. A player that can burst from stoppages with pace and strength. Brisbane got us outside the contest last night, so it’s a reasonable argument to add that type of player to a pretty complete list.

Agree. We have the talent within. A midfield mix of Cripps Hewett Cerra Walsh Williams Hollands could be the answer

Doc back to defence. Binns on a wing

Motlop Durdin Owies Fogarty E.Hollands fighting for a small forward role

A couple of smart additions and we can improve a lot
How many years have people been saying Williams to the midfield, my gosh when will people learn.

It doesn't work.

Hewett has been serviceable but I agree we need better there.
Kennedy probably stays in the best 25 because of his marking ability/goal kicking.

At one point at GWS Williams was playing as well as Kelly but he hasn’t got near it since. Still think HBF/ wing is his best spot. If Hollands can get (a lot) stronger he possibly could be a good midfield option .

Hence why he didn't say we need Degoey. A Degoey/Petracca type is simply a strong powerful burst midfielder who goes fwd to kick goals. Cam Rayner is the exact same type of player just far more inconsistent and less impactful on games.
Then say “a powerful burst midfielder”. I pointed out those two players because they are extremely rare in their skill set and impact on games. The likelihood of getting anyone with their skill set alone is rare. I get what he was saying now, just didn’t make sense to use those two as examples. That’s like saying we need a Gary Ablett Snr type third forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back