2023 Membership Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetical question. If the club came to members and said it has to hand some or all of it’s Ponsford stand away game allocation but in exchange it will now be able to play all home games at the MCG would you be okay with the club making that deal?

I know I would but I don’t have an away game reserved seats.
Yes i would take that.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

These days you'd include QB in that list with Big Freeze now being a big event
Yup.
Most of these games don’t exist without us.

The only other with merit is the Dreamtime game.
And Anzac set the template anyway.

JLC Jean Luc, I can’t believe you’d do that deal.

I don’t care about the change rooms but Hawthorn does not fill the seats.

Hawks can be part of the rotation of “big Victorian clubs” playing in the non-football states every year to give those clubs some revenue.
Be careful what you wish for…

Again, all 11 home games should now be at the MCG.

Based on this years’ fixture we get 9 home and 5 away games at MCG and 2 home games (Nth & Lions) and 1 away at Marvel (Dogs).

A Legends membership is $945 so losing 5 games at the MCG of reserved seating is significant. They could at least ensure all home games are there so we lose 3 not 5.

Tigers most equivalent membership is on L2 and costs about $1800 so I imagine those are the seats that they want to take back with the function part of that package. The next level is slot cheaper (around 350) and has reserve seating in M1/M2 but no GF tickets.

Collingwood will need to rethink its pricing and packages if the value proposition is less.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hawthorn are Crap so they be lucky to get 40-50k at there Games now

I don't mind with my Reserved Seats are being Moved but IF lose them all together I just downgrade my Membership unless the Club makes the Legends Membership Cheaper

I don't mind with my Reserved Seats are being Moved but IF lose them all together I just downgrade my Membership unless the Club makes the Legends Membership Cheaper
They would have to make it cheaper.

But it will make it more difficult re membership packages? I assume for some away games say like Geelong we would retain our reserved seats? Luckily no Docklands club have attacked our reserved seats at that stadium lol.

Or are they just going to scrap all away game reserved seating and take the hit?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

What’s Craig Kelly on about telling Eddie to butt out? You’ve been here 10 minutes mate, and it’s already falling apart.

I’d be furious if I was Eddie, spent over two decades building the club from near extinction making sure that we had every possible (earnt and deserved) benefit…and then we get a change in guard and all of a sudden we start conceding ground.

Get stuffed!

What’s Craig Kelly on about telling Eddie to butt out? You’ve been here 10 minutes mate, and it’s already falling apart.

I’d be furious if I was Eddie, spent over two decades building the club from near extinction making sure that we had every possible (earnt and deserved) benefit…and then we get a change in guard and all of a sudden we start conceding ground.

Get stuffed!
When did he tell Eddie too butt out? I read an article the other day where he was just saying they where in discussions with the MCC and was upset that hawthorn where preaching to the media about our seats in the ponsford and that he didn’t like that they where doing that.

When did he tell Eddie too butt out? I read an article the other day where he was just saying they where in discussions with the MCC and was upset that hawthorn where preaching to the media about our seats in the ponsford and that he didn’t like that they where doing that.
Eddie told him some time ago as an outsider he wasn’t aware of what was actually happening, it appears Kelly is now returning in kind…except of course. Eddie has currency as a recently retired insider and a vested interest given he put in place the deal that is currently being deconstructed. He’s also in the media so kind of his job…

Eddie told him some time ago as an outsider he wasn’t aware of what was actually happening, it appears Kelly is now returning in kind…except of course. Eddie has currency as a recently retired insider and a vested interest given he put in place the deal that is currently being deconstructed. He’s also in the media so kind of his job…
Ed did a great deal for us in the Ponsford but it looks unlikely that we keep these benefits. It sucks.

Unless we get a decent deal, I’m downgrading to home seats only. I’ve loved my seats in the Ponsford and I’m grateful to Ed. Seems like it’s coming to an end.

Ed did a great deal for us in the Ponsford but it looks unlikely that we keep these benefits. It sucks.

Unless we get a decent deal, I’m downgrading to home seats only. I’ve loved my seats in the Ponsford and I’m grateful to Ed. Seems like it’s coming to an end.
Imagine being the number 1,2 and 3 contributor into AFL coffers and they dick you around like this. I can see why Elliot wanted his own competition.

Ned is right, it's nothing to do with Ed now as he isn't involved in the Club.
As far as disrespect goes, not a chance - they are great mates.
Cleverly distancing The Club from Ed's opinions which is a good thing imo.

Great way to stay under the Cap.
“Pete, we are going to use you in a membership campaign and pay you very well for it. But that money is an advance on Josh’s next contract. Capishe?“

”Darcy, we are going to use your old man in a membership drive. wha we pay him goes to you as part of your contract. It’ll help us shift some money so we can make a big play at a FA. Daic‘s is already onboard”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contacted the Club today re my Kayo insider membership. I was supposed to get a voucher code for my Kayo discount before the season started. I know it hasn’t started yet but I wanted to make sure I got it before Thursday. It’s a great package for supporters like me who because of health reasons can’t get to the games. Anyway I messaged them and 10 minutes later they got back to me with my code. Now that’s either fantastic work by the membership department getting back to me so quick or terrible by them because they f ed up and should have got it to me sooner and that’s why they were quick.

I was told I’d get it close to the start of the season so I’m going to give them a tick and take the positive look on it. They hadn’t sent them out yet but gave me mine ahead of time. I’d already received my membership package just needed the Kayo code. I was happy to have the membership to the club and also not have to pay full price for Kayo. Along with a gift card I received which I get Kayo credits it’s the second year in a row I won’t have to pay for it. Yes I “paid” for it in the membership but I don’t see it that way.

Im happy they have memberships like this, I hardly missed a game in Victoria for 30 years but now basically house bound. I feel more like a supporter rather than a fan with a membership also I worked out a way using Kayo and the AFL app to sync up the radio broadcast so no BT or JB ever, thank god.

Anyway good luck to the boys this year. I’ll be watching from my adjustable bed trying not to injury myself this season while supporting. (It’s a long story)

Go pies ⚫⚪

How long does it typically take for Collingwood customer service to respond to a membership enquiry? I had sent them a question regarding my overseas membership (namely I either deleted or never received the voucher for watchAFL... my mechanism for seeing the club play). Anyway I sent that Friday afternoon AUS time and have yet to receive a response beyond a request ticket number autoreply. I imagine they are quite busy with the start of the season approaching but I would like be able to watch the 1st round game...

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 Membership Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back