Resource 2023 Membership Thread (51,084 members, our new record)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cost of living pressures? People waiting?
Fair enough. Apologise to anyone struggling atm . On that note , I’d be more than happy to contribute to assist anyone one on bigfooty that has been a member for an extended period but suffering cost of living issues atm and unable to afford

35,456 is a good and true number taking into account a range of considerations.

Perhaps people are sitting back waiting to see actual results on the field. Furthermore, many people have just endured some serious interest rate rises on their mortgages while others feel the ripple of that through their rents. Those rate hikes are now only starting to really bite on the economy on top of inflating prices for everything else (food, energy and fuel). I can genuinely understand if a percentage of our supporters cannot stretch the budget. I can also understand those supporters who want to see some serious improvements in on-field performance and not just pre-season promises. To be honest I was surprised and shocked that we broke 50,000 last year. Either the club was somehow stacking and inflating the numbers or our supporters were overcome by a wave of sympathy for one of our worst performing teams ever. Which was it?
All clubs across the league stack numbers in largely the same way so that not too much of a concern.

All clubs have appeared to be cooking the membership numbers for the last 20 years.

There was a time around early 2000s that it looked like they changed the way they counted. Membership numbers spiked yet gameday attendences were stable.

Talking league-wide, not just us. Remember a pragmatic pies fan showing me an article for a business site (or similar) explaining how (even) Collingwood were using "creative" accounting to inflate their numbers.

Anecdotally I know of less people (all clubs) who commit to memberships and attend games now yet the league figures would suggest otherwise.

As someone returning to L2, can someone explain how we know which 'unreserved' bays/rows are ours?

Last couple of years they've been Row M and above on the wing near the Premiership Club. There's normally some signage hanging over the rows showing reserved vs reserved bay, too.

L2 reserved bay is the bomb, btw. Love it. Great seats and can bring guests, which is heaps better than reserved seat IMO. Plus if you dont like those around you, you can always just move a bay over.

Part of me really wants to move to the reserved bay for the freedom of movement and bringing guests but my reserved seat is row a which is really nice.

Part of me really wants to move to the reserved bay for the freedom of movement and bringing guests but my reserved seat is row a which is really nice.

Plus you get to turn your head to the right and see me.

All clubs have appeared to be cooking the membership numbers for the last 20 years.

There was a time around early 2000s that it looked like they changed the way they counted. Membership numbers spiked yet gameday attendences were stable.

Talking league-wide, not just us. Remember a pragmatic pies fan showing me an article for a business site (or similar) explaining how (even) Collingwood were using "creative" accounting to inflate their numbers.

Anecdotally I know of less people (all clubs) who commit to memberships and attend games now yet the league figures would suggest otherwise.
I don't understand the need that clubs feel to inflate their numbers. Is there a benefit for doing so? Does the club get a bonus from the AFL or its sponsors for increased membership? I only recall one occasion when Mazda gave North a bonus for recruiting 34,000 members back around 2008 or 2009 when the club was on the ropes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am waiting for specials this year. (Fan Day maybe?)
But I did notice the Kayo package for $220 so one of the memberships will be that and the rest depend on the specials.
I blame the upcoming gas & electricity bills, they are going to sting for a while.

Last couple of years they've been Row M and above on the wing near the Premiership Club. There's normally some signage hanging over the rows showing reserved vs reserved bay, too.

L2 reserved bay is the bomb, btw. Love it. Great seats and can bring guests, which is heaps better than reserved seat IMO. Plus if you dont like those around you, you can always just move a bay over.

Thanks for that CCDD

Mostly look to the right and see empty seats :(

The little bloke has his own seat this year and is keener, we’ll get to more games.

Once upon a time you kept our private correspondence private mate.

Yes it's true though. I have my own seat this year.

Finally my lap is free for Flawed Genius.

Easiest way to keep accurate records of actual memberships would be total spend by members contributing to the club each year . Big difference between 20,000 3 game memberships compared to 20,000 11 home game reserved seats
I'd be afraid to know the truth. I bet our 50k last year were blown up by 3 game deals, AFLW memberships (?) and cheap specials.

How can we possibly be behind last year? We have just assembled one of the greatest coaching line ups in football . Positivity around the club is sky high
The people who signed up for a membership in 2022 hadn't seen us play football in 2022 yet. That's how.

Membership pack finally arrived, 40 years consecutive member racked up
Don't know how the black magic of memberships works, but haven't recieved a "Membership Pack" for three years. Seriously, do they still issue them? I honestly thought that they've been kicked in the touch and that everything is just through the app. No joke. Am I being, or have I been getting ripped off by the membership dept? I can't even get a crappy bumper sticker.

No lie, I see cars driving around my town displaying Carlton, Richmond, Bulldogs, Bombers, Richmond, Melbourne and Collingwood membership stickers for the last three years including now 2023, and my car is still humbly proclaiming North Melbourne for 2019. WTF???

It might be just a crappy bumper sticker, but when I can't get to games and when our club is on its knees, that sticker still tells the world that I am a proud supporter and stand with the club in good times and more importantly the bad.

Last edited:
Don't know how the black magic of memberships works, but haven't recieved a "Membership Pack" for three years. Seriously, do they still issue them? I honestly thought that they've been kicked in the touch and that everything is just through the app. No joke. Am I being, or have I been getting ripped off by the membership dept? I can't even get a crappy bumper sticker.
You definitely should have got a crappy bumper sticker. Give them a call, they will fix it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2023 Membership Thread (51,084 members, our new record)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back