Resource 2023 Membership Thread (51,084 members, our new record)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like 20 year members been offered 4 Prem club tickets for the St Kilda game. Nice thought but seeing as I already have prem club membership its not super helpful.

Looks like 20 year members been offered 4 Prem club tickets for the St Kilda game. Nice thought but seeing as I already have prem club membership its not super helpful.
I got it too and it says over 20 years consecutive membership (I am much closer to 30 years). I also thought it was great to see the club rewarding their members especially seeing I am a GA member :)

Just upgraded to this so a nice little bonus for being a 20+ year member!! i usually sit in the nose bleeds with the plebs so its a welcome upgrade and might ease the pain we will be dealt!!

Did the club send an email regarding this? Are they freebies? For whatever reason I don’t get any emails from the club, not even those ‘we want your cash’ ones. It’s farcical. I’m a 37 year continuous member dammit.

Did the club send an email regarding this? Are they freebies? For whatever reason I don’t get any emails from the club, not even those ‘we want your cash’ ones. It’s farcical. I’m a 37 year continuous member dammit.
They did. I believe its free but I am not able attend Sunday so haven’t tried using it. DM me your email and I will send it to you.

They did. I believe its free but I am not able attend Sunday so haven’t tried using it. DM me your email and I will send it to you.
Thank you very much for your kind offer leighlee13. My mate who I usually go with has Medallion tickets organised so more than happy with those. Sat next to the coaches box in R1 which was entertaining, especially the last few minutes. Maybe someone who hasn’t a membership or tickets for the game can take up your offer.
Used to have reserved seats, upgraded memberships, buy extra memberships etc but over the last decade standards and value has dropped a lot so I just buy a basic one nowadays.
I might give the club a call again for another chat about those emails……

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At no point did I not understand Quivorir, you're just expanding on your point with each post.

That sucks that you had a negative experience with them. It is in fact entirely different to my experience. And I've been moving constantly, and changing details. Luck of the draw maybe, who knows. I never rule out user error on any level.

If something they're sending to me is delayed because of the post, then it's because of the post, which has famousely been completely shot to s**t the last few years, wasn't exactly flash before that. But it seems people still blame the membership departament for that. So they already get default flack which i think is largely undeserved.

I had the club call me after round one asking me if I had any trouble with using my membership for the game. I'd gone with friends and so I just bought us all GA tickets and didn't use my membership. They'd called just in case I needed help. Just an example of the positive work they do.

But let's get real into it.

I've had my scarf for i think 20 odd years now. Perfectly fine, it's a scarf, it doesn't get that much wear and tear. Beanie is starting to look a bit off though, may need to replace that soon. Not every year. Not even close. People collect them, that's cool you do you. To me, that's unecessary, i don't have that much cupbard space to dedicate to that.

The membership card. Again, no particular attachment to a physical card, people collect them, same deal. But I'd have it as THE card. You're a member, you now have THE NMFC membership card. It carries over year to year, if it busts or breaks it gets replaced. I ******* hate lanyards. People like 'em, cool here's THE lanyard, busts or breaks, etc. I haven't put any sticker on anything in a long time, but same idea as the others mentioned. You can't have the same sticker each year, i get that. No I'm not convinced of the promotional value in stickers other than for kids or people who just like stickers. No one is being convinced by a bumper sticker of anything ever.

Because ultimately I want my membership dollars going to creating and maintaing long term improvements for the club.

But we differ on what we want, that's not a bad thing.
Not having a go at all SG but I’m curious if there would be a member item that you would value, or like to receive each year or occasionally.

Not having a go at all SG but I’m curious if there would be a member item that you would value, or like to receive each year or occasionally.
All good.

Not really. But thats more about how i am more than anything. I use the voucher every year to reduce the price of getting something, a guernsey, a tshirt, etc. So the voucher is good value in my eyes. Im not buying every guernsey we release, just the ones that look good to me, and with each one bought the next has to be that much better/unique to get in. Or the same with the scarf, bought the jumper this year cause the previous jacket's on the way out.

But like i said, people want for different things. Like a medallion every year with their new number of years on it. I can see the emotional connection to that, literal badge of pride, that's totally cool. But my first though is "this box of medallions/lanyards/etc is getting bloody full..."

Just rang the club to see what the go is with the free Prem Club upgrade.
Stadium management gave the club 200 or so seats, these have all been taken already.
Sounds like the club will look to do this sort of thing again in the future and are looking at offering ticket upgrades to those who missed out.

All good.

Not really. But thats more about how i am more than anything. I use the voucher every year to reduce the price of getting something, a guernsey, a tshirt, etc. So the voucher is good value in my eyes. Im not buying every guernsey we release, just the ones that look good to me, and with each one bought the next has to be that much better/unique to get in. Or the same with the scarf, bought the jumper this year cause the previous jacket's on the way out.

But like i said, people want for different things. Like a medallion every year with their new number of years on it. I can see the emotional connection to that, literal badge of pride, that's totally cool. But my first though is "this box of medallions/lanyards/etc is getting bloody full..."
Yeah I really liked the medallion. In my opinion it’s an opportunity to do something really good that’s getting missed. What that is I don’t really know, I suspect there’d be dozens of different views.

I think perhaps looking into events or rewards for continued years should be looked into.

Last edited:
Yeah I really liked the medallion. In my optics an opportunity to do something really good that’s getting missed. What that is I don’t really know, I suspect there’s be dozens of different views.

I think perhaps looking into events or rewards for continued years should be looked into.
Ahh events, now that i can get behind. Creating memories, reinforcing the community aspect of the club, connections to the staff and players, something far more valuable in my eyes.

Funny enough, im now much further away from the club physically than ive ever been with where i live, but still a fantastic idea.

Ahh events, now that i can get behind. Creating memories, reinforcing the community aspect of the club, connections to the staff and players, something far more valuable in my eyes.

Funny enough, im now much further away from the club physically than ive ever been with where i live, but still a fantastic idea.
I agree with you on the I’ll fitting hats and scarfs, I keep getting them as they are handy to give away when you need an impromptu gift.

I think Collingwood seems to excel with their membership pack. I’d like us to do the same, even if it were just for junior members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2023 Membership Thread (51,084 members, our new record)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back