Resource 2023 Membership Thread (51,084 members, our new record)

Remove this Banner Ad

They've got to improve the Prem Club setup, I'd seriously consider just upgrading my seats each game next season vs pay for Prem Club access.

It's too crowded (even for North, lol), no place to put your beer/food, the wait at the bar is atrocious, the band is too loud and the players mics are too quiet. I know this sounds like first-world/man screams at cloud, but it's actually not worth going to Prem Club anymore as it's hard to get a beer, hard to have a feed, hard to catch-up with mates, and you cannot hear the players anyway.
Throw in the removal of the medallion, pre season launch and complimentary guest passes. Lachie Winston is the new guy in charge of it and is there on game day. I got in early and had a chat to him about a couple of things I thought they might improve pre game. He seems like a good guy. It meant I missed out on getting a table 😒

Has anyone that requested a membership card with a barcode received one yet? Purchased membership from the club directly around a month before the season and was told that I would receive one before the season starts.…
All email correspondence from the club has also ceased for me even though I haven’t requested it. It’s just rubbish.
Was promised things would be a lot better this year after speaking to some membership dude for over an hour late last year but unfortunately footy club membership is pretty much like being a Ticketmaster customer nowdays.
Pointless calling the membership dept again.
Yep! I got it back in December. Seems like I’m one of the lucky ones. Personally I can’t complain but reading social media it seems our membership department needs a lot of improvement.

Throw in the removal of the medallion, pre season launch and complimentary guest passes. Lachie Winston is the new guy in charge of it and is there on game day. I got in early and had a chat to him about a couple of things I thought they might improve pre game. He seems like a good guy. It meant I missed out on getting a table 😒
Yep lack of guest passes is a pain for sure. They've also put the guest pass up to $80 which is bloody high for what you get - a level 2 seat and the privilege of waiting 20 mins in line for a beer.

Prem Club has a lot of potential. Just need to fix the service & facilities.

I thought when I ordered mine there was a cut off date which is why i ordered straight away. I am not sure they will turn up . If they do half the season might already be over.
My in-laws called the membership line and requested the plastic cards before the first match, the day before the cut-off. I asked last weekend if they had the cards but they still haven't received them.

I was able to get a barcode on my father in law's phone for good Friday but he's approaching 90 and could not have worked it out himself.

He's been a member for 64 years straight. I doubt that he will attend too many matches but if he has the card it will make it easier for him to go with me a few times this season.

anyone else get the replacement game email today? against Demons
"be quick, redeem your free seat at the 'G"

Mine has the wrong barcode :rolleyes:

Redeemed ours just now, no issues.

It’s your regular membership barcode, can find it on an old card if you have one around.

I got one code for my 5 memberships...

I called the club this morning spoke to Josh who was great. If you all sit together you can put all the barcodes in the one email.
The site kicks you out if you don't do it quick enough but I was able to get 6 tickets in M30 easily enough. Need from row Z though if you want to stay under cover. Although think even Z is the drip line

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RTs.jpg

Joy of joys. Seven weeks into the season (nearly one third) and the Club Membership Department can't seem to manage to send me a Membership pack or even a lousy bumper sticker, but hey at least the Fund Raising Department remembered to send me raffle tickets. 🤨

If I win the Mazda, ironically I won't have a NMFC bumper sticker to put on it. 😉

For the record, I have rang the Membership Department twice since February enquiring about a Membership Pack and they've assured me that it will be in the mail soon. 👍 So I am anticipating getting mine by around Round 20.

Next year I think that I will just make my own sticker ... But I need a catchy slogan ... "2024 NMFC TOO TIGHT TO SEND ME A LOUSY STICKER" or "2024 NMFC MEMBER - Our Membership Department Sucks".

Thoughts? 🙄

Last edited:
People who i assume are above the age of 5 very reactive to whether they get a sticker or not.
We get **** all from this club yet they're always putting their hand out asking for more from us. I don't mind people getting pissed off about not getting something back from the club, no matter how small.

We get * all from this club yet they're always putting their hand out asking for more from us. I don't mind people getting pissed off about not getting something back from the club, no matter how small.
Cool. You know you dont HAVE to buy or sell raffle tickets, yea? Just geting an email or a call about a raffle doesnt mean you're contractually oblidged to be involved.

I bought one once. Was a good pay week, figured why not. Didn't win. Havent thought about it ever again. It's real easy to do.

I pay for membership to go watch games on level 2, not stickers.

People who i assume are above the age of 5 very reactive to whether they get a sticker or not.
It's not about wanting a lanyard, a sticker or even a damn membership card that you used to tap to enter the stadium. It's the fact that when you sign on as a member, the club gives you absolutely no recognition that you are a member. Good heavens, there isn't even really that much privilege to seating arrangements at Marvel Stadium. We still have to share reserved areas.

I've said on here before that we see other teams at the very least issue a bumper sticker to their members that promotes their club visually. It allows their members to show their pride in their club. North have virtually zero exposure publicly. Our games are scheduled lousy, we get virtually no screen time on free-to-air TV. What would possibly attract a child today to barrack for North Melbourne? I challenge people to name one thing, just one thing that would draw a child to barrack for North Melbourne at the moment. It seems that 90% of our young supporters are children of North supporters.

This is not just about a cheap arse 50 cent bumper sticker. It is about giving members recognition for loyalty and support. I had no qualms about buying their damn raffle tickets this year, I've paid $200 to help the club. I pay my membership, I contribute to the Arden Fund, I've donated when they wanted money to do their $10 mil extension, I contributed to Box-On when it ran ... So there. I think that the least that the club can do for me is to stop treating me like an ATM where it's all take, take, take and absolutely bugger all in return (Even a cheap-arse bumper sticker).

Last edited:
Cool. You know you dont HAVE to buy or sell raffle tickets, yea? Just geting an email or a call about a raffle doesnt mean you're contractually oblidged to be involved.

I bought one once. Was a good pay week, figured why not. Didn't win. Havent thought about it ever again. It's real easy to do.

I pay for membership to go watch games on level 2, not stickers.
Well ****. Thanks for this info. I've been emptying my bank account every time they call.

Way to completely miss the point. :rolleyes:

Well *. Thanks for this info. I've been emptying my bank account every time they call.

Way to completely miss the point. :rolleyes:
What? They're always asking for money was what you said, you get to decide what you do with your money, so what then? Dont write it if it isnt your point.

People can get pissed at whatever they want. And then when they express that others will react. Thats the forum.

What? They're always asking for money was what you said, you get to decide what you do with your money, so what then? Dont write it if it isnt your point.

People can get pissed at whatever they want. And then when they express that others will react. Thats the forum.
The money wasn't my point. The point is they promise to send shit out like membership cards and stickers that require multiple follow ups from us and endless "its in the mail" or "there was a delay, its coming soon" from them. But there is never any trouble getting anything from them when they're asking for money.

For years I didn't get a single email from the club - except for the ones asking me to reach into my pocket again. They couldn't work it out. Somehow I wasn't getting weekly team news, or my replacement game info, or the codes we needed for the covid years. But the money requesting emails always came through.

There is a huge issue in our membership department and there has been for years. We seem to have a new guy running the show every other year who is no better than the last.

Comprende now?

The money wasn't my point. The point is they promise to send s**t out like membership cards and stickers that require multiple follow ups from us and endless "its in the mail" or "there was a delay, its coming soon" from them. But there is never any trouble getting anything from them when they're asking for money.

For years I didn't get a single email from the club - except for the ones asking me to reach into my pocket again. They couldn't work it out. Somehow I wasn't getting weekly team news, or my replacement game info, or the codes we needed for the covid years. But the money requesting emails always came through.

There is a huge issue in our membership department and there has been for years. We seem to have a new guy running the show every other year who is no better than the last.

Comprende now?
At no point did I not understand Quivorir, you're just expanding on your point with each post.

That sucks that you had a negative experience with them. It is in fact entirely different to my experience. And I've been moving constantly, and changing details. Luck of the draw maybe, who knows. I never rule out user error on any level.

If something they're sending to me is delayed because of the post, then it's because of the post, which has famousely been completely shot to shit the last few years, wasn't exactly flash before that. But it seems people still blame the membership departament for that. So they already get default flack which i think is largely undeserved.

I had the club call me after round one asking me if I had any trouble with using my membership for the game. I'd gone with friends and so I just bought us all GA tickets and didn't use my membership. They'd called just in case I needed help. Just an example of the positive work they do.

But let's get real into it.

I've had my scarf for i think 20 odd years now. Perfectly fine, it's a scarf, it doesn't get that much wear and tear. Beanie is starting to look a bit off though, may need to replace that soon. Not every year. Not even close. People collect them, that's cool you do you. To me, that's unecessary, i don't have that much cupbard space to dedicate to that.

The membership card. Again, no particular attachment to a physical card, people collect them, same deal. But I'd have it as THE card. You're a member, you now have THE NMFC membership card. It carries over year to year, if it busts or breaks it gets replaced. I ****ing hate lanyards. People like 'em, cool here's THE lanyard, busts or breaks, etc. I haven't put any sticker on anything in a long time, but same idea as the others mentioned. You can't have the same sticker each year, i get that. No I'm not convinced of the promotional value in stickers other than for kids or people who just like stickers. No one is being convinced by a bumper sticker of anything ever.

Because ultimately I want my membership dollars going to creating and maintaing long term improvements for the club.

But we differ on what we want, that's not a bad thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2023 Membership Thread (51,084 members, our new record)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back