MRP / Trib. 2023 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's such a fine line between a fair and strong tackle and a dangerous one. Very stiff on the player as they have limited awareness given they're focusing on tackling. Unfortunately for Boyd, DBJ went for a concussion test so it's likely to be a suspension. Three weeks would be very harsh IMO.

Couldn't be anything other than sent to tribunal given the concussion. Got to be nothing or 3+.

It's high contact, high impact careless surely?

Last year it's not even a free, but it's clear they are trying to rule tackles that drive the opponent head first out.

Concussion happened, but the action itself wasn't so reckless for that to have been very likely. It's more a worst outcome situation

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Over to our number 1 recruit

4956ce8c806319a0fe62682438568841.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I agree it was a cracking tackle, went nuts when that s**t show Razor paid the free, not sure what else Boyd could do except stop and let him kick it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Razor Ray would have liked that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he is suspended I would like to know what he meant to do in this situation .. it was all one motion no sling action .. it's a contact sport accidents will happen --
Hopefully gets ruled that way and play on
We saw Plow get rubbed out for a couple of weeks when he cleaned up O’Meara in a football incident that usually doesn’t even get looked at.

We saw Plow get rubbed out for a couple of weeks when he cleaned up O’Meara in a football incident that usually doesn’t even get looked at.
Yes but this seems a very different decision -- from memory there was a run down tackle from a geelong player last year and he got off

I remember slobbos comment on that one which was Plow wasn’t contesting the ball but contesting the contest 🤷‍♂️
Slobbo, the epitome of quality football journalism.

Jon Ralph just gave a bewildering take on it. Called Jordan Boyd Josh Honey twice whilst analysing the incident. Then went on to say that because of "precedent" he will be sent straight to the tribunal and it will be 3 weeks.
The failed journo/hype man for the MRO?
Not remotely surprised.

Does anyone have info on what defines Low,medium, high and severe impact?

I’m not bothered about Boyd being suspended, very surprised it’s sent straight to the tribunal.

Severe impact doesn’t pass the pub test and I’m not sure who would classify that contact as severe.

No dumping or slinging motion, just momentum from tackling at full speed causing an awkward landing, football or tackling accident….

Looks like this is the way to tackle moving forward, which is going to be difficult for most as instinctually you sling in the tackle so its harder for the opposition player to make contact with the ball either by hand or foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back