MRP / Trib. 2023 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can understand one, maybe two weeks, only because other players have been suspended for similar.

Straight to the tribunal facing three weeks for what was a pretty normal tackle is a joke. If Byrne-Jones played out the game it’s 50/50 on whether he’d be suspended.

Time for our super lawyers to do their thing.

It must have been tricky doing the concussion test on DBJ, cos he looks pretty dopey all the time!

I assumed he was concussed when he asked for that haircut!

Hmm, just watching Bounce and they showed multiple tackles from [Brayden Maynard that weren’t cited…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Subject to the point that maybe he'd had a few other head knocks, no point complaining about the grading of the impact. It's like Sicily's, once they're concussed it's severe impact and you're f-ed. Only way he can get off is if they say it wasn't rough conduct at all.

It's dumb but it's how it's been for the season. Concussion = severe.

Can understand one, maybe two weeks, only because other players have been suspended for similar.

Straight to the tribunal facing three weeks for what was a pretty normal tackle is a joke. If Byrne-Jones played out the game it’s 50/50 on whether he’d be suspended.

Christian sick of being flogged by our QC so set the bar so high a downgrade gets him the week suspension his anti carlton agenda is after, its honestly a joke this moron still has a job at this point its been shown mutliple times how clear his bias is when it comes to decesions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Subject to the point that maybe he'd had a few other head knocks, no point complaining about the grading of the impact. It's like Sicily's, once they're concussed it's severe impact and you're f-ed. Only way he can get off is if they say it wasn't rough conduct at all.

If Boyd misses the same amount of games as De Goey and Nankervis, who smashed their opponents, then there’s something severely wrong with the way they are adjudicating these incidents.

Sicily shouldn’t have been suspended and neither should have Serong.

You watch the AFL pull back on the crackdown in the next few years.

Hell, they’ll probably do it during the finals but I’d love to see a player suspended for the Grand Final for similar to what Serong did, so this comes to a head.

I’m all for protecting the head but they way they are going about it is wrong, it’s a contact sport.

This will be an interesting test case.

Wasn't a sling tackle, unsighted as to whether opponent still had the ball due to head being tucked into the body, wasn't a dump tackle

Yes, held both arms, but that isn't illegal

Personally, it's a week max, but I would challenge any suspension
Issue is by sending him straight to the tribunal it is either nothing or 3+. Incompetence from the MRO (as usual)

Hmm, just watching Bounce and they showed multiple tackles from [Brayden Maynard that weren’t cited…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Dunstall trying to counter Ralphie‘s bullshit comments.

This is the thing that makes absolutely no sense to me. You could have 2 near identical tackles, 1 resulting in a concussion and the other not..and the outcome penalty wise is completely different.

It has to come down to intent, I get they're trying to protect the head but it's a contact sport and things like this are going to happen..there's no way Boyd was intending to hurt Byrne Jones.

Completely agree with what Dunstall says on the coverage about what we're expecting the tackling player to do.

What makes a concussion severe impact though? What’s high impact then? Degoey when he jumped off the ground and smashed in to the young Eagles head, how are these two both graded as the same impact? There is four levels of impact on the scale, it doesn’t make any sense to asses anything that results in a concussion as severe.

What makes a concussion severe impact though? What’s high impact then? Degoey when he jumped off the ground and smashed in to the young Eagles head, how are these two both graded as the same impact? There is four levels of impact on the scale, it doesn’t make any sense to asses anything that results in a concussion as severe.
It's got to the point where it's absolute insanity....totally completely absolutely undeniably outcome driven.

How can a football action like this be graded the same as a 110kg ruckman running past the ball to ram his forearm into an opponent's head? Or a Kozzie Pickett launching himself like a missile past the ball into his opponent's head, and given even a lesser penalty only because Smith wasn't concussed?

It's been done to death, but the AFL is sh!t scared of the liability concerning concussions and CTE down the track, and are covering their arses by "we are doing everything we can to mitigate head trauma incidents on the field." During the week I watched the 30/30 episode on Junior Seau, the tragic story of the NFL player who suicided at a young age and was found to have CTE post mortem. It also showed the extent of this in the NFL, which opens itself up to all sorts of litigation across the industry.

So you can understand why the AFL would be petrified, but also need to appreciate that this is a CONTACT SPORT. So unless they eliminate body contact altogether similar to Gaelic Football, incidents like this are always going to occur.

Boyd should never be given 3 weeks for this....but he probably will.

So now we have a straight forward tackle (no sling or malice) from a legal contest, but it unfortunately causes injury to one opponent.
What happens if the tackler gets concussion? What happens if a person flies for a mark (legal as of now) and hits an opponents head with a knee and causes concussion? Do they get sent to the tribunal or receive a sanction?

I understand we want to eradicate the sling and I agree, but sending a straight forward football action to the tribunal that had no malice, because it caused harm, is just a wrong decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back