MRP / Trib. 2023 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to understand the difference between Boyd’s and Maynard’s acts highlighted from the Freo/filth game

If I was our number 1 draft pick in our QC I would certainly be making these a part of the defence

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
If Boyd misses the same amount of games as De Goey and Nankervis, who smashed their opponents, then there’s something severely wrong with the way they are adjudicating these incidents.

Sicily shouldn’t have been suspended and neither should have Serong.

You watch the AFL pull back on the crackdown in the next few years.

Hell, they’ll probably do it during the finals but I’d love to see a player suspended for the Grand Final for similar to what Serong did, so this comes to a head.

I’m all for protecting the head but they way they are going about it is wrong, it’s a contact sport.
Watch out if Nic Daicos gets a week for a tackle infringement and misses the Brownlow I wonder what Gill would say about that
Oh hang on Daicos is never getting cited

Cripps.
Watch out if Nic Daicos gets a week for a tackle infringement and misses the Brownlow I wonder what Gill would say about that
Oh hang on Daicos is never getting cited

Because…..Collingwood

If that doesn’t prove there is bias then nothing will

It’s also a good example of how the matrix goes, low to severe.

If severe is an outcome of concussion then how did this example not make the matrix in low, medium, high at all?

There’s a few arguments out QC can make on this one, bringing in this example, previous hits DBJ took, football act etc

It’s a free hit really for the QC

Last edited:
Because…..Collingwood

If that doesn’t prove there is bias then nothing will

It’s also a good example of how the matrix goes, low to severe.

If severe is an outcome of concussion then how did this example not make the matrix in low, medium, high at all?

There’s a few arguments out QC can make on this one, bringing in this example, previous hits DBJ took, football act etc

It’s a free hit really for the QC

Collingwood are playing well no doubt, but it`s the things they are not being cited for that are helping their cause. Against the Crows Elliott hits Dawson in the face while trying to spoil "supposedly" and yet the umps don`t see it even though the ball was almost in Dawsons hands with the umps supposed to be watching the ball in flight (excuse me?!!) The free Dawson should have received was not too far from goal and he is a bloody good kick and it was also very late in the game and the Crows could have won it....opps!!!.....a very dodgy 2 point win to the Magpies!!! In the Freo game it`s once again Elliott involved as he throws the ball out one handed and Daicos ends up kicking a goal although it didn`t matter that much as they were cruising by then. They get away with a lot of those things, like Maynard not even being looked at for shoving Walters head first into the turf.....good old outcome to the rescue again hey Mr Christian!!!!I think we need to have a mutiny against Mr Christian and the magpie "bounty" that helps them win close games......:rolleyes:

Collingwood are playing well no doubt, but it`s the things they are not being cited for that are helping their cause. Against the Crows Elliott hits Dawson in the face while trying to spoil "supposedly" and yet the umps don`t see it even though the ball was almost in Dawsons hands with the umps supposed to be watching the ball in flight (excuse me?!!) The free Dawson should have received was not too far from goal and he is a bloody good kick and it was also very late in the game and the Crows could have won it....opps!!!.....a very dodgy 2 point win to the Magpies!!! In the Freo game it`s once again Elliott involved as he throws the ball out one handed and Daicos ends up kicking a goal although it didn`t matter that much as they were cruising by then. They get away with a lot of those things, like Maynard not even being looked at for shoving Walters head first into the turf.....good old outcome to the rescue again hey Mr Christian!!!!I think we need to have a mutiny against Mr Christian and the magpie "bounty" that helps them win close games......:rolleyes:

The fact that what gets cited and what doesn’t is down to 1 person who used to play for 1 of the clubs he is adjudicating is absolutely absurd.

Bias is inherent and inevitable when it is a single person doing that role.
It needs to be a panel and precedence needs to be adhered to.

The things that shits me is that there is software available to run comparisons immediately to see how each individual incident stacks up. So it doesn’t need to makey uppey like the old days.

Such an easy fix and currently a blight on the so called biggest game in the country!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll see the Maynard-Walters 'tackle' shown a few times at Boyd's hearing....

I’d like to understand the difference between Boyd’s and Maynard’s acts highlighted from the Freo/filth game

If I was our number 1 draft pick in our QC I would certainly be making these a part of the defence

Utterly crazy the 2nd tackle which is the very definition of sling tackle hasn't been cited

Sorry but he drove him into the ground with a far amount of force
the arm pin thing is not relevant here
Utterly crazy the 2nd tackle which is the very definition of sling tackle hasn't been cited
need to post the Maynard tackles all over social media...embarrass the bloody AFL.

Was actually a bloody good tackle, one that we have all been taught to do
Trouble is ol ‘Cupla Dads ‘ has got concussed- All about the outcome it is
I guarantee that tackle won’t be coached out of our lads

Mentioned earlier that Boyd's impact was the third hard head knock DBJ had copped, surely that's part of a defence, Boyd's tackle wasn't that hard or severe, put it back on Port's lack of care should be highlighted. Our legendary QC will milk this to the hilt!!
You were right big part of our defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back