MRP / Trib. 2023 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So if boyd bumped and he got knocked out would that still be 3 or more .. that doesn’t make sense to me.. a week I get 2 maybe but a bit harsh but 3 weeks .. so that action is the worse you can do because anyone got more then 3 this year
Broad got 4 but that was a horrendous tackle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club statement reads like no appeal which is staggering to me, this is an enormous loss for a key part of our defence.
There's no basis for an appeal. We agreed it was a dangerous tackle and just argued that the earlier (lighter) head clash may have caused the concussion. Could have got lucky but it was certainly open to the Tribunal to find that it was the Boyd tackle that caused it.

There will be a refining of the approach to citing these tackling incidents from about round 23 onwards.
The AFL is trying to stamp out dangerous tackles not so much because they think the tackles need to removed from the game but because they are worried by not taking a strong stand that they are more susceptible to future legal claims.
The tribunal is creating a series of precedents which are further refined with every suspension.
Ultimately, as players and conches adapt and the hyperbole over the issue is succeeded by a newer rules ‘crisis’, the quantity and terms of suspensions for tackles will reduce.
Not coincidentally, this will occur just as the season comes to crunch time … as the AFL values its stars playing in the showcase finals (and the revenue that drives) more than it values player safety.
In the meantime, players are simply expendable pawns.

3 weeks.

This tackling situation is ridiculous.

Touch footy era.
7sxh90.jpg

CARLTON defender Jordan Boyd had his rough conduct charge upheld by the AFL Tribunal tonight.

Boyd was charged for an incident that occurred in the Blues’ Round 18 win against Port Adelaide, which was graded as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact.

The Club contested the charge, and the charge was upheld at the AFL Tribunal on Tuesday night.

Boyd will serve a three-game suspension and will miss Rounds 19-21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back