Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was the Maynard example brought into the case? Absolutely should have been

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

Tribunal’s decision reasons

View attachment 1743071
Interesting interpretation in that first part which could be open to appeal in my amateur opinion.

The tribunal stated it's not definitive that the tackle caused the concussion, only the 'balance of probabilities'. In other words, "we can't be 100% sure, but we're going to suspend him anyway." Guilty by suspicion I say!!

I think it's Christopher Townshend KC time.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No concussion so all good

So why have low, medium, high….what constitutes the framework for those categorisations

Going from zero to severe (or severe to severe severe…like wtf) with nothing in between and no clear guidelines is quite disturbing

So why have low, medium, high….what constitutes the framework for those categorisations

Going from zero to severe (or severe to severe severe…like wtf) with nothing in between and no clear guidelines is quite disturbing

This low-severe severe-severe stuff is baloney.

Can't take this league seriously.
All in the same week:
Dusty - deliberate off ball strike... fine
Rampe - deliberate off ball bump... 2 weeks... appeal... gets off
Maynard - forceful tackle with high potential to cause injury... not even cited
Boyd - legit tackle with medium force, barely worth a free, with genuine possibility that concussion occurred in another contest... 3 weeks

No concussion so all good

The fact that what most would consider a fair tackle was even sent to the tribunal is ridiculous. The fact that if there's no concussion, there's no issue, but it becomes an issue if the player getting tackled suffers a concussion is beyond a joke.

There is absolutely no consistency between anything the MRO and tribunal do and I really hope we appeal.

Rampe getting off is the right outcome for footy, hardly anything in that.

Boyd is a victim of the MRO bias towards the outcome of an incident driving the penalty rather than the action.

Maynard the flipside of the above - kissed on the proverbial. Excessive force used, action started before the opposition had even taken possession of the footy. One of my pet hates.

System really needs an overhaul.

Rampe getting off is the right outcome for footy, hardly anything in that.

Boyd is a victim of the MRO bias towards the outcome of an incident driving the penalty rather than the action.

Maynard the flipside of the above - kissed on the proverbial. Excessive force used, action started before the opposition had even taken possession of the footy. One of my pet hates.

System really needs an overhaul.
Well said.

It was always going to happen. Only just a case of how many weeks.

But this whole situation is nothing more than farcical. Not just the tackle but the whole concussion talk as well.

It is absolutely PATHETIC!

Am I downplaying the long term damage concussions can cause? Of course not!
Has the AFL failed to realise the impact concussion has had on the players representing them? They have, but it was never because they intended to. It was just a matter of having the right technology to deal with it, which they didn't back then.

But all these lawsuits and absurd suspensions are only destroying the game. Are we seriously contemplating changing the fabric of Aussie Rules just to chase a unicorn? Here's the cold hard truth. Concussions are part and parcel of the game.

Players should be made to sign a T&C contract that points out all the risks they will potentially expose themselves to. They are to brace for possible head knocks, knee breaks and other rough conduct. How is it any different from any other T&C contract we agree to? What about the simple actions and consequences that come with them? Everything has risks involved. Driving a car, buying online, smoking, attending a footy match, etc. But humans just prove themselves to be the dumbest creatures on this planet. It's like picking the paint job on a house by changing house.

It is a physical contact sport. Duty of care is rubbish now. It's creating hesitation. It's making players softer. AND believe it or not, it too has a impact on how teams perform to some degree.

What's ludacrisy will come about next? One of the competitors of the MotoGP takes the corporate body to court because of a high speed crash?

Sometimes I just want to get away from humanity and its fast devolving state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back