MRP / Trib. 2023 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 week is an odd penalty for that type of offense. You'd think it's either nothing (incidental/accidental) or 4+ if viewed as a deliberate act.
My thoughts exactly. If it was found to be worthy of a report it is hard to see how they came up with a week. Terrible act

So Boyd copped 3 weeks for a fair tackle, then Miller does this and gets one..what a joke! What happened to the AFL trying to protect the head? (sorry, I'll see myself out).

Seriously though, the MRO/AFL need to look at intent. The fact these 2 penalties are so different is ridiculous!

I am flabbergasted at the weak penalty of intentionally grabbing someone's balls.

I would be understanding if it was an honest mistake and the offender immediately let go and moved their hand away, but Miller intentionally held his grasp. Tell me how it isn't sexual assault?

I am flabbergasted at the weak penalty of intentionally grabbing someone's balls.

I would be understanding if it was an honest mistake and the offender immediately let go and moved their hand away, but Miller intentionally held his grasp. Tell me how it isn't sexual assault?
Would have got more if it Miller did that to Doc. It was a 2 weeker at minimum

I think the penalty is way unders but I'm not surprised at all..the MRO has been making ridiculous decisions all year

Guarantee if zorko did it to touk, he'd be out for at least 3.

Apparently it took Christian 4 days to come up with the suspension because when he did a google search to research 'groin grab', they couldn't get him off the internet...
I heard Christian googled 'bell end' and it just came up with pictures of himself...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Touk is the man of the moment here, but I am flabbergasted by Caminiti getting off.

That's striking, it's intentional and it's way more dangerous then some of the tackles that are being penalized.

Closed or open hand makes little difference on impact.

This sort of stuff is both not in the spirit of the sport and dangerous around concussions

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think the MRO system needs an overhaul. Should be a committee of a least 3-5 people; so many incidents go unchecked; I am not even sure that every game is being evaluated. Many players get charged for incidental contact normal for a contact sport, and it seems a lot of the sanctions depend on what is driven by the media and not the expectations of fans. My 2c anyway.

Last edited:
I know Touk is the man of the moment here, but I am flabbergasted by Caminiti getting off.

That's striking, it's intentional and it's way more dangerous then some of the tackles that are being penalized.

Closed or open hand makes little difference on impact.

This sort of stuff is both not in the spirit of the sport and dangerous around concussions

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Definitely striking he punched him !

My thoughts exactly. If it was found to be worthy of a report it is hard to see how they came up with a week. Terrible act

But it was Zorko, so I think all was fair in well love and war (he has been one of the biggest snipers and dirty players in the league with a potty mouth for so long)

It comes down to whether you feel Miller deliberately grabbed Zorko by the crotch as to whether it deserved the penalty.
Understandably, it could have gone either way.

Given how often he walks the line (as the AFL equivalent of Mick Ennis), that Zorko has seemingly been waiting by the phone in order to bleat isn't a great look. I can't remember the last time a player spoke to the press thanking their club for their support in lagging someone else in..

Think the MRO system needs an overhaul. Should be a committee of a least 3-5 people; so many incidents go unchecked; I am not even sure that every game is being evaluated. Many players get charged for incidental contact normal for a contact sport, and it seems a lot of the sanctions depend on what is driven by the media and not the expectations of fans. My 2c anyway.
This. This and This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back