Preview 2023 National Draft Preview Thread [currently: #2, #14 (PA), #19 (PP) #40, #52, #60]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Archer Reid will be a better back than forward in AFL. Super athletic, like Darcy Moore athletic. Quick decision maker and likes to play with pace. His attempts at goal just seem unnatural and I feel he'll be a gun defender.

Is it pegged to go too 20? I hope he'd get to our Port pick.

I reckon Archer Reid will be a better back than forward in AFL. Super athletic, like Darcy Moore athletic. Quick decision maker and likes to play with pace. His attempts at goal just seem unnatural and I feel he'll be a gun defender.

Is it pegged to go too 20? I hope he'd get to our Port pick.
I see that. If we were to pick a developing key back with our Port pick I’d love Ollie Murphy, very natural reader of the ball and interceptor, handy with ball in hand but just needs a heap of body development.

I think with the rarity of 203cm key forwards who can move like Reid, most clubs would probably prefer to develop him as a forward, put 2-3 years in the VFL as a forward until he is physically ready for AFL.

Matt Carroll has been pretty good , missed a couple of kicks in the first quarter but has provided a lot of rebound and seems to read the play really well .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back