Preview 2023 National Draft Preview Thread [currently: #2, #14 (PA), #19 (PP) #40, #52, #60]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL love nothing more than a managed outcome.

We know there have been discussions between West Coast and other clubs, including us, around trading pick 1.

I'd bank on the two 2024 compensation first rounders that we have to trade this year are going to West Coast with pick 2 to get us pick 1.

We get top pick, the AFL sneakily help West Coast knowing their list is an absolute mess and the whole Reid not wanting to leave Victoria issue is solved.

I'd put the farm on it. Reid to North.
#2, #14 & both 2024 F1 PP?

Yeah. WCE probably flick something back in the second round, this or next year.

Then trade 19 (PP) and 2024 F1 PP (2) for Pick 10 (Dogs on-traded to GC)

In - 1, 10, 2nd Rounder
Out - 2, 14, 3xPPs

Draft Night - Pick 1, Pick 3, Pick 10
In my example I was trading both 2024 first round priority picks. Where would the extra pick come from to trade to GC for pick 10?

In my example I was trading both 2024 first round priority picks. Where would the extra pick come from to trade to GC for pick 10?

2, 14, F1 is more than enough, and I'd expect something coming back ...1 and 33

And this is us getting reamed.

But most on their board would feel the same... so it's probably approaching fair.

2, 14, F1 is more than enough, and I'd expect something coming back ...1 and 33

And this is us getting reamed.

But most on their board would feel the same... so it's probably approaching fair.
I'm going off the fact WCE are expecting 3x first round picks. Those 2x picks in the 20s would equal a legit first rounder

Trade 1:

WCE Get - Pick 2, Pick 14, PP 19 2024
NM Get - Pick 1, F2

Trade 2:

GC Get - PP 19 2023, PP 20 2024
NM Get - Pick 10 (WBD)
Brady bout to be busy. These are ideal but I'm hesitant to be too hopeful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL love nothing more than a managed outcome.

We know there have been discussions between West Coast and other clubs, including us, around trading pick 1.

I'd bank on the two 2024 compensation first rounders that we have to trade this year are going to West Coast with pick 2 to get us pick 1.

We get top pick, the AFL sneakily help West Coast knowing their list is an absolute mess and the whole Reid not wanting to leave Victoria issue is solved.

I'd put the farm on it. Reid to North.

West Coast aren’t giving up Reid for 2 and 2 mid twenties picks next year. Please be serious.

Here they come!

Indeed they do, always enjoy having a chat with other fan bases.

I have no doubts you guys will come hard for pick 1, but I do not think end of 1st round picks that’ll end up in the 20’s will move the needle at all, I’d expect you guys to try and trade them for either the Suns pick, Cats pick or the Dogs first pick once the Suns maybe get it.

It will be 2, 14, F19.

And we'll get something back.

14 and F19 free hits.

So we actually just trade 2, for 1.

Yeah and that’s a great deal for North, it’s not for West Coast. That pick 14 will be 20ish on draft night, the future 1st will be in the mid twenties as well.

Our list manager already laughed at the idea of 2 top 10 picks being enough, I’m not sure why you guys think he’ll blink at that offer, especially with you wanting something back lol.

West Coast will take Reid unless North offer 2 and 3 or maybe 2 and the Suns 1st, North would be silly to do that though as that’s ridiculous.

Both fan bases are going around in circles I think, WC fans don’t want to trade Reid unless it’s for a godfather offer and you guys think we’d give up pick 1 just for the sake of it when our most credible reporter has said we’re much more likely to take Reid than trade that pick.

Indeed they do, always enjoy having a chat with other fan bases.

I have no doubts you guys will come hard for pick 1, but I do not think end of 1st round picks that’ll end up in the 20’s will move the needle at all, I’d expect you guys to try and trade them for either the Suns pick, Cats pick or the Dogs first pick once the Suns maybe get it.
Think you’re a bit delusional if you think Rohan and Brady aren’t already having these conversations.

Ultimately 2, 14 and one of the PPs will get it done, with something coming back to us in the second round.

Bit more then we’d like to pay, bit less then you’d like, but end of the day both clubs and players get what they want.

Yeah and that’s a great deal for North, it’s not for West Coast. That pick 14 will be 20ish on draft night, the future 1st will be in the mid twenties as well.

Our list manager already laughed at the idea of 2 top 10 picks being enough, I’m not sure why you guys think he’ll blink at that offer, especially with you wanting something back lol.

West Coast will take Reid unless North offer 2 and 3 or maybe 2 and the Suns 1st, North would be silly to do that though as that’s ridiculous.

Both fan bases are going around in circles I think, WC fans don’t want to trade Reid unless it’s for a godfather offer and you guys think we’d give up pick 1 just for the sake of it when our most credible reporter has said we’re much more likely to take Reid than trade that pick.
Your list manager is good mates with ours.

Please leave the tough talk negotiating on your own board.

Yeah coz a list manager is just gonna show his hand on Gettable. Of course he says that

Think you’re a bit delusional if you think Rohan and Brady aren’t already having these conversations.

Ultimately 2, 14 and one of the PPs will get it done, with something coming back to us in the second round.

Bit more then we’d like to pay, bit less then you’d like, but end of the day both clubs and players get what they want.

Lol, so you think WC would give up pick 1 and a 2nd rounder for 14 which will be 20 and a mid twenties pick next year? You guys aren’t even trying to be rational here. If we offered you that if you had pick 1, you guys would rightfully melt.

On cue. Shaking in their boots at the thought of losing their saviour

I’m not shaking in my boots at all, I know we’ll take Reid unless we get a ridiculous offer, which I don’t think will come. You guys will absolutely try to offer some combination of 2,14 and the future priority 1sts, but that’s not going to move the needle for West Coast at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back