Preview 2023 National Draft Preview Thread [currently: #2, #14 (PA), #19 (PP) #40, #52, #60]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. I almost see every WC fan overlooking this fact. It's not just a top 10 pick or a first rounder, it's pick 2, 1 spot down. When people refer to the godfather offer that we were getting for JHF none were close to pick 2.

If we offered pick 2, 14 and future 1st PP, that is a godfather offer. I can't even think of an established player getting offered that must in a trade.

We’re well aware of that, what you guys keep glossing over is the fact that even though it’s just one spot down, everyone after Reid is still a significant lesser prospect than him. The gap is big and that’s exactly why you’re all desperate for him so let’s not act like it’s just one spot down in an even draft, because it isn’t.

We're in a far greater position going in to this draft than the JHF one. North needed their big name with jhf, doesn't have the same feel now though.

No one is going to lose much sleep either way, worst case we hit it with 2,3,14,19, and that's before trading out F19, F20 to improve those picks.

Jhf was a ******* dick, to be frank, it's been nice watching other clubs fans acknowledge that throughout the year.

But that’s exactly what I think you guys should do, you don’t need Reid, giving up significant assets for him is stupid.

2 - McKercher
3 - Curtin

Trade the 2 future 1sts for a pick in this draft, try and get the Suns or Cats first and also grab O’Sullivan or someone on that level. You can fix a lot of your flaws in one draft if you be smart about it.

You guys are welcome to tell me I have no idea what I’m talking about but all the mail out of WC is they are set on Reid or a ridiculous offer from North, I know 2, 14 and a future 1st isn’t a bad offer by any means, it’s just not going to warrant giving up one of the best draft prospects ever for.

Reid isn't worth 3 firsts, plain and simple.
I'd 100% take Curtin, Murphy and Edwards or the like, in a rebuilding side over him.
Grab 2 key defenders and a good key forward that we can have for the 10 years or Reid. I know which I'm picking every day of the week.

Lol he isn't going to tell WA media that he doesn't want to leave VIC when WC hold pick 1??

Okay so you don’t believe Reid, his agent, Connor’s, CAL TWOMEY, Reid’s coach or West Coast regarding Reid being happy to come here

That’s fine, but I’ll back all of those people in before rumours on Big Footy with zero evidence and there biggest bit of proof being Sam McClure.

Okay so you don’t believe Reid, his agent, Connor’s, CAL TWOMEY, Reid’s coach or West Coast regarding Reid being happy to come here

That’s fine, but I’ll back all of those people in before rumours on Big Footy with zero evidence and there biggest bit of proof being Sam McClure.
I'm not saying I don't believe them. I'm more on the side that Reid would go to WC and probably end up staying there. I'm just saying that if he didn't want to leave, there is no way he would say that publicly, especially to WA media. And his management would also be towing that line publicly as well.

But that’s exactly what I think you guys should do, you don’t need Reid, giving up significant assets for him is stupid.

2 - McKercher
3 - Curtin

Trade the 2 future 1sts for a pick in this draft, try and get the Suns or Cats first and also grab O’Sullivan or someone on that level. You can fix a lot of your flaws in one draft if you be smart about it.

You guys are welcome to tell me I have no idea what I’m talking about but all the mail out of WC is they are set on Reid or a ridiculous offer from North, I know 2, 14 and a future 1st isn’t a bad offer by any means, it’s just not going to warrant giving up one of the best draft prospects ever for.

2, 14, F19 is the best offer, that's ever been put up for Pick 1.

It's only possible due to jhf change, and charity.

It's pretty unusual for a draft hand like ours to come along.

And still North could hit the draft with 1, 3, 19 this year.

Will be an interesting space.

You’d have to be some sort of moron to think that the Reid camp would be saying publicly he does not want to not go to WA.

It’ll play out exactly how Sheezel, Wardlaw and Tsatas did last year. Very quietly.

Who manages those three by the way? 🤣

I'm not saying I don't believe them. I'm more on the side that Reid would go to WC and probably end up staying there. I'm just saying that if he didn't want to leave, there is no way he would say that publicly, especially to WA media. And his management would also be towing that line publicly as well.

And that’s fair… I’m not trying to not let you guys have an opinion. I just think it’s unfair to say he’s a flight risk etc. as of yet, if we get information that changes that, then it’s a different conversation for sure.

I’ll back us in to retain anyone though.

You’d have to be some sort of moron to think that the Reid camp would be saying publicly he wants to not go to WA.

It’ll play out exactly how Sheezel, Wardlaw and Tsatas did last year. Very quietly.

I don't imagine Reid camp wan't to get boo'ed week in, week out.

If north were keen prior to Monday, they're certainly not backing away since three firsts dropped.

2, 14, F19 is the best offer, that's ever been put up for Pick 1.

It's only possible due to jhf change, and charity.

It's pretty unusual for a draft hand like ours to come along.

And still North could hit the draft with 1, 3, 19 this year.

Will be an interesting space.

But it’s not a very good offer when you factor in Reid is such a better prospect than whoever is at 2

Then pick 14 will be 20ish, then that future 1st will also be in its mid 20’s in a very compromised draft next year.

You guys would not trade Reid for 2 and 2 2nd rounders essentially, please don’t try and say that you would lol.

You’d have to be some sort of moron to think that the Reid camp would be saying publicly he does not want to not go to WA.

They aren’t saving it privately either though, which is my point. Twomey is the best in the business, Ryan Daniels is the best for us, they’ve both quashed any rumour Reid wouldn’t come here / WC wouldn’t draft him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it’s not a very good offer when you factor in Reid is such a better prospect than whoever is at 2

Then pick 14 will be 20ish, then that future 1st will also be in its mid 20’s in a very compromised draft next year.

You guys would not trade Reid for 2 and 2 2nd rounders essentially, please don’t try and say that you would lol.
Is it a compromised draft next year? I only know of Levi Ashcroft

I don't imagine Reid camp wan't to get boo'ed week in, week out.

If north were keen prior to Monday, they're certainly not backing away since three firsts dropped.

Of course they won’t back away, they’ll try, but I don’t think North will empty the war chest for Reid, if they wanted him that badly surely you guys would’ve tanked that last game lol?

I have no doubts you’ll try manufacture a “fair trade” but WC aren’t going to entertain a trade that doesn’t see them leave the deal as major winners.

They aren’t saving it privately either though, which is my point. Twomey is the best in the business, Ryan Daniels is the best for us, they’ve both quashed any rumour Reid wouldn’t come here / WC wouldn’t draft him.
Do you think that Ryan Daniels is going to **** over the eagles and burn his sources there by sabotaging them?

Do you think that Twomey knows more than he is leaked?

Is it a compromised draft next year? I only know of Levi Ashcroft

Very much so, more F/S and academy kids that’ll be in the top 20. That future 1st will get pushed back at least 4 spots at the minimum, probably 5-6.

Draft is getting worse and worse each year, how much better would both our fan bases feel if Walter was available to draft lol?

Hilarious that we can listen to journos when they fit our narrative, but when they don’t fit our narrative it’s a Victorian conspiracy.

Twomey has been talking about a pick 1 trade and a North all year.

Do you think that Ryan Daniels is going to * over the eagles and burn his sources there by sabotaging them?

Do you think that Twomey knows more than he is leaked?

Guys I’m aware of how journalists work, but I’m going to believe them over Big Footy rumours 9 times out of 10.

Twomey funnily was saying he expects us to trade Reid to you guys a month ago and then Connors came on his show and the talk completely stopped, he changed his tone completely and has said he thinks we take him and that’s what he’d do + in his latest Gettable show was discussing what North might do with their picks and didn’t even mention them making a play at Reid.

Even Ralphy who was banging on about us trading pick 1 has shut up, the tone has completely changed.

Hilarious that we can listen to journos when they fit our narrative, but when they don’t fit our narrative it’s a Victorian conspiracy.

Twomey has been talking about a pick 1 trade and a North all year.

That’s true… except for the last month where his tone completely shifted after Connor’s came on.

He went from “WC will trade pick 1 for 2 and 14 to North” to him thinking we take Reid. He clearly got news.

In his latest Gettable show when discussing what you guys can do with all your picks, he didn’t even mention coming for pick 1.

Of course they won’t back away, they’ll try, but I don’t think North will empty the war chest for Reid, if they wanted him that badly surely you guys would’ve tanked that last game lol?

I have no doubts you’ll try manufacture a “fair trade” but WC aren’t going to entertain a trade that doesn’t see them leave the deal as major winners.
That's a dumb point. We were never going to tank. The players don't care if we get Reid or not when they are playing. The list management team don't influence gameday. And WC held that pick for majority of the year right up until the last week so I'm sure Brady was already in talks with WC about a trade for pick 1 before round 23.

Every North fan said the same thing about the JHF trade last year. Brady publicly said the same thing last year. And then North traded JHF and at the time most North fans had a melt that we lost the trade. Now most North fans look back on it and probably think we won the trade. Who knows what can happen. Reid could be a bust. Curtin or Mckercher or Duursma might be the best player in the draft and win 4 brownlows.

Very much so, more F/S and academy kids that’ll be in the top 20. That future 1st will get pushed back at least 4 spots at the minimum, probably 5-6.

Draft is getting worse and worse each year, how much better would both our fan bases feel if Walter was available to draft lol?
Who are they? Haven't heard of them and I'm curious. And the draft changes significantly over 12 months.

That's a dumb point. We were never going to tank. The players don't care if we get Reid or not when they are playing. The list management team don't influence gameday. And WC held that pick for majority of the year right up until the last week so I'm sure Brady was already in talks with WC about a trade for pick 1 before round 23.

Every North fan said the same thing about the JHF trade last year. Brady publicly said the same thing last year. And then North traded JHF and at the time most North fans had a melt that we lost the trade. Now most North fans look back on it and probably think we won the trade. Who knows what can happen. Reid could be a bust. Curtin or Mckercher or Duursma might be the best player in the draft and win 4 brownlows.

That’s true, players won’t tank but I was surprised you didn’t rest a couple key guys.

I get your point, but I just think it’s stupid to compare every interstate kid we might potentially draft to JHF when we have an incredible retention rate and most kids stay rather than leave.

As for not knowing who the best player from the draft will be, sure, it’s a valid point, but I watch a lot of junior footy and Reid is the closest prospect to a sure thing that I’ve personally ever seen.

Who are they? Haven't heard of them and I'm curious. And the draft changes significantly over 12 months.

Welsh - who looks a gun key forward, F/S for Adelaide, annoying as it seems every top end key forward now days isn’t in the open pool

Ashcroft - F/S

Ben & Lucas twins - F/S’s for Carlton

I think they are all the likely top end F/S’s that I can remember, then there’ll be some academy boys, at least a couple from the Suns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back