Preview 2023 National Draft Preview Thread [currently: #2, #14 (PA), #19 (PP) #40, #52, #60]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think North will win the spoon. We have to play WC in Perth and the Hawks again. We have the excuse that we’re just crap . Mitchell may win the games but we’ll win the Tongala kid .

I think North will win the spoon. We have to play WC in Perth and the Hawks again. We have the excuse that we’re just crap . Mitchell may win the games but we’ll win the Tongala kid .
Do we even want him?

Watson suits us but I dunno I'm not that attached to any of them.

Our recruiting team can pick any names, trade the number one pick or whatever I don't mind but they need to be the right selections at the end of the day.

They just need to get more organized and work a whole lot harder and just get better because they have been unacceptably shit and we are running out of chances.

Do we even want him?

Watson suits us but I dunno I'm not that attached to any of them.

Our recruiting team can pick any names, trade the number one pick or whatever I don't mind but they need to be the right selections at the end of the day.

They just need to get more organized and work a whole lot harder and just get better because they have been unacceptably s**t and we are running out of chances.
If we take the spoon, we take Harley Reid it's that simple!! Play him of HB, in the middle, or HF he is that versatile....if we didn't, we might as well as shut shop and relocate to tassie because we'll be the laughing stock of the AFL, it would be worst than picking up Tambling instead of Franklin!

If we take the spoon, we take Harley Reid it's that simple!! Play him of HB, in the middle, or HF he is that versatile....if we didn't, we might as well as shut shop and relocate to tassie because we'll be the laughing stock of the AFL, it would be worst than picking up Tambling instead of Franklin!

They said that about JHF

I seriously hope our recruiters are better than just listening to the crowd. They need to get better.

They need to cast a wide net and interview properly and really dig deep on their research on getting to know these kids. Watching games is only one part of it I'm sorry to say bigfooty experts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They said that about JHF

I seriously hope our recruiters are better than just listening to the crowd. They need to get better.

They need to cast a wide net and interview properly and really dig deep on their research on getting to know these kids. Watching games is only one part of it I'm sorry to say bigfooty experts.

We pass on Reid - he becomes Matthews, GAJnr, Dusty rolled into one.

We pick Scott Gumbleton because he fills a need.

I hope it's out of our hands. Makes the blow easier.

Souup as well here….

Did either of you watch the 2018 Academy game when they us at the ‘G? There was superstars everywhere in that team. How does this crop match up considering it’s being touted as a “super draft”?

roos_fanatic08 , Souup

Come on you two….give me something to get excited about….or vaguely interested

They said that about JHF

We all known JHF wasn't the No.1 player in that draft, if N.Dacios wasn't tied father and son, we would have taken him even same case with Sam Darcy so it was either JHF, Callaghan or Rachelle - weren't after a flashy small forward but a bog bodied mid and Callaghan got effected with the panadamic like all Vic players whilst JHF showed his wares in the SANFL, so it was relatively easy for us to pick the best player in the draft...just unfortunate he missed home!!
I don't think this draft is a superdraft. I think there's a group of probably 10 guys that are very high quality, but it tapers off after that quite a bit for me at this stage.
I don't think you can ever predict whether a specific draft is a superdraft until 5-10 years time? Even in the 2001 "superdraft' did you think in fourth rounder pick 58 Dane Swann would get a game let alone 258 or 6th rounder pick 71 Brian Lake would be on a list after 1-2 years let alone 251 games? All l know it wasn't a superdraft for us:mad:

roos_fanatic08 , Souup

Come on you two….give me something to get excited about….or vaguely interested

Personally I don’t think this draft is shaping up all that well. Outside of Reid Curtain and Watson there aren’t many players who have consistently put their name up in lights and look to be truly elite level talent for their position.

Many of the top 10-15 you aren’t drafting on current output but more on potential. Kids like Moir, A.Reid and Duursma have a long way to go before they’ll be consistent AFL footballers.

This draft also looks particularly skinny for game breaking and consistent midfielders. In saying that, like always, there will be diamonds found later on in the draft.

So not a great draft to try to pick up extra top 20 pick in? Stick with the higher ones?
At this stage I wouldn't, but we've still got champs games and the combine to come which impact views on players quite a bit. As might a big second half of the season for any players.

Players will impress and bolt up. My view is likely the consequence of me not having seen enough of each of them this year because we're still early days. I tend to binge footage of particular players after the champs and then form a more solid view by July/August.

I don't think this draft is a superdraft. I think there's a group of probably 10 guys that are very high quality, but it tapers off after that quite a bit for me at this stage.
Superdraft seems to be a term that we don't all agree upon. I would consider a Superdraft to be one in which many of the top 10 go on to win multiple B&Fs and become hall of famers. I wouldn't define a superdraft as one in which there are very good players deep into the second round. That would be a deep draft rather than a superdraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back