NFL 2023 - Off-Season Player Updates/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

:( but understandable for Nuk's perspective

KPRC2's Aaron Wilson reports the trade market for DeAndre Hopkins is "headlined" by the Bills.​

Wilson also named the Chiefs as an interested party, though with the caveat that the financial implications of taking on Hopkins' contract have tempered their pursuit. Per Wilson, the Ravens are not among the bidders. Hopkins struggled in 2021 and was slapped with a PED suspension to open the 2022 season. Instead of continuing on his downward trend, Hopkins rebounded with a 64/717/3 receiving line in nine games. He would immediately take over as the Bills' second receiver if they acquire him and his fantasy prospects would soar with Josh Allen as his quarterback.

If all these things fall into place the AFCE is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

This smells like BS, how does full back without the blocking Zeke have that much interest?
I think you will find he is now a center, as per his last NFL down.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

No. the rules committee havent gone over the proposals yet. next week they will go over them, the Comp committee just added some new proposals to the ones submitted by the teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TNF is not long for this world if they keep lumping us with the most dogshit match ups every week

Funny how Thursday's work well for us AFL fans and we hate Mondays and Sundays and the yanks are the opposite.

Funny how Thursday's work well for us AFL fans and we hate Mondays and Sundays and the yanks are the opposite.
I'm not a fan of Thursday night football. It's tolerable when the game is good, and your team isn't playing.

A few games a y year is fine, but not more than that.

I'm not a fan of Thursday night football. It's tolerable when the game is good, and your team isn't playing.

A few games a y year is fine, but not more than that.

I think its great for AFL. Sunday arvo & twilight is the worst imo.

I think its great for AFL. Sunday arvo & twilight is the worst imo.

The late Sunday afternoon game of AFL in the West is the pits for me ........ really shyte time slot to attend..... always gets a lesser crowd attending.

But the AFL like it as it is caters for the East Coast TV audience.

Eagles are always a ticket sell out for members, even if they don't go, so it has zero financial effect of West Coast's income stream, Dockers on the other hand it hurts them in the hip pocket which is far from ideal.

Many WA country fans travel 2- 4 hours to attend games and the late Sunday time slot is real killer for them.

The late Sunday afternoon game of AFL in the West is the pits for me ........ really shyte time slot to attend..... always gets a lesser crowd attending.

But the AFL like it as it is caters for the East Coast TV audience.

Eagles are always a ticket sell out for members, even if they don't go, so it has zero financial effect of West Coast's income stream, Dockers on the other hand it hurts them in the hip pocket which is far from ideal.

Many WA country fans travel 2- 4 hours to attend games and the late Sunday time slot is real killer for them.

Yeah you guys always seem to cop them. I suppose fair enough coz of your form lately but you used to get them all the time when you were good too

Yeah you guys always seem to cop them. I suppose fair enough coz of your form lately but you used to get them all the time when you were good too

We get them regardless of form..... its AFL money for jam ...... all the West Coast Members games are sold out and paid for by the members in November the previous year.

So for every game the following year the West Coast Club have already banked $ 4,000,000 .00 + by the end of November x 11 home games = in excess of 44 million to plonk out of short term investments / money market, they don't hand over the game day gate receipts to the AFL till the week after the game has been played.

So when you add that interest to what they also get on their 60 million cash reserves, it goes a long way to explaining why the Club is a money making cash cow.

Terrific business model and its one of the reasons they always make a 4 million plus profit every year.

Anyway enough AFL on an NFL board.

No. the rules committee havent gone over the proposals yet. next week they will go over them, the Comp committee just added some new proposals to the ones submitted by the teams.

So just to clarify, there were discussions but no proposal was put forward so it's not something they'll be considering next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2023 - Off-Season Player Updates/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back