Training 2023 Pre-season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And if this is the attitude of our players and coaches then no wonder our ability to cover ground when it matters in big games gets brought into question.

We should be using these conditions to our advantage, not as a hindrance.
I’m genuinely curious what fitness/medical qualifications you hold that would compare to the crew in charge of the club at the moment.

Any sign of Marcus Adams at training today?

Any sign of Marcus Adams at training today?
Certainly haven’t seen him in any photos yet.
I am hoping to make it to training on Wednesday avo, will have a look if I get there.

Might we be looking at the first interview of the new Club Captain?
Harris actually said something along the lines of I'm just there to fulfil my role and 'whether that be as Captain or Vice Captain'.

Well I'd be staggered if Zorks put himself up as Captain again unless he's got hold of some magic pills so it looks like Harris.

Harris actually said something along the lines of I'm just there to fulfil my role and 'whether that be as Captain or Vice Captain'.

Well I'd be staggered if Zorks put himself up as Captain again unless he's got hold of some magic pills so it looks like Harris.
He's only got a year left so if I was him I'd get on the juice and ball out.

What am i missing - what was said?
When Josh was interviewed on the Roar Deal, he commented how when Lachie and he chatted over the phone during the trade period, Lachie mentioned how the fact that it's so hot in preseason means they don't train quite as hard as they otherwise might.

McStay's comments (attached) were a little more subtle and it's possible that I'm reading too much into them. It's also possible that I'm putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 4 🤔

Screenshot_20221128_182114.jpg

I’d imagine also reduces risk of Pre season injuries that could put them out for the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time spent out on a field running doesn't have to equate to effort exerted and output. I'm sure everyone has examples where the amount of time someone works doesn't always linearly align to their output. if we get 1.5 hours of conditioning out of 1 hour of work due to the weather conditions then it makes sense to only do the 1 hour. Where it hits us is gameplan work. In fact its the exact reason we've been to tassie a few times pre covid. It allowed us to spend more time on the track doing gameplan work without as much physical strain.

Not all that long ago it was high altitude training. Mostly by the richer clubs
Then a few clubs went overseas for heat training. Dubai i think
Now quite a few clubs come to SEQ for a few weeks for some heat training
Lions recently have spent a few weeks in Tasmania just to get a bit of relief from the Qld heat

Each club has their own reasoning in regard to the preseason schedule

Lions now also have excellent lighting to do training at night. That is an added expense though

I think overall we will be in a better position come round 1 than previous seasons

I'm working feverishly to be at the cutting edge of relaxation.
I like the term 'industrious slothing' ... that is not that you failed to be productive but that you succeeded brilliantly in doing the nothing you intended all along!

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2023 Pre-season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back