Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I can probably speak to this a bit. There was a thread about this on the mods board last year or the year before, the influx of new posters that stick around is quite consistent across the club boards. We all get a handful of new regulars each year. Saint Mike joined in November and has become a regular, and there's other posters like The Cobra that joined end of Jan and is making a contribution.

But totally understand that if you're not actively looking for these things then they aren't front of mind and how you explain it is how it seems.

In regards to Fehring's post, he's right, and K used to collate the numbers each year - either posting them here or privately. We are up there as the fastest growing club board on the site. I haven't checked but I do wonder where we'd be if Saintsational's posting history was added to ours.

I think it's always interesting that people see us as a small club but we actually do have quite a lot of support out there and what happens IRL tends to reflect what happens on here...we just need to ******* win something.
This was more where my curiosity to look into the numbers briefly came from and hence my disappointment with it

No idea what you're on about as usual but might give it a squizz. Knew you were taking the piss though. You get a bad rap on here mate. Most think you're a f*ckwit but I just think you're a halfwit like the rest of us xx
I resemble that.

I completely stuffed up, not Flying High, I meant Top secret, I got my movie classics from the 80 confused.

This was more where my curiosity to look into the numbers briefly came from and hence my disappointment with it
Yep that's understandable - hopefully it clears it up! Saintsational has definitely taken traffic away from this board but people here regularly talk about leaving Saintsational and joining us because of the quality of discussion amongst other things (troublesome posters gets mentioned a bit). I've never posted there so really don't know what it's like aside from what people who migrated over have told me.

I think the fact that were are growing at a rate faster than most clubs really is a testament to us as St.Kilda supporters. We haven't had much to cheer about and a lot of our potential traffic is elsewhere yet we still are here posting and helping to grow the board.

As a side note, the club boards weren't all created at the same time. For instance, ours was created about 6 months prior to Melbourne. It's a bit all over the place and hard to get a read on anything other than new posts/threads/members per year.

I can probably speak to this a bit. There was a thread about this on the mods board last year or the year before, the influx of new posters that stick around is quite consistent across the club boards. We all get a handful of new regulars each year. Saint Mike joined in November and has become a regular, and there's other posters like The Cobra that joined end of Jan and is making a contribution.

But totally understand that if you're not actively looking for these things then they aren't front of mind and how you explain it is how it seems.

In regards to Fehring's post, he's right, and K used to collate the numbers each year - either posting them here or privately. We are up there as the fastest growing club board on the site. I haven't checked but I do wonder where we'd be if Saintsational's posting history was added to ours.

I think it's always interesting that people see us as a small club but we actually do have quite a lot of support out there and what happens IRL tends to reflect what happens on here...we just need to ******* win something.
There was a mass exodus from Saintsational circa 2014 where many posters moved over to BF, ironically around the the time P66 moved over. It's pretty dead these days, probably about 5 to 10 regularly posters.

There was a mass exodus from Saintsational circa 2014 where many posters moved over to BF, ironically around the the time P66 moved over. It's pretty dead these days, probably about 5 to 10 regularly posters.
I've had a look at it but never posted. The layout is atrocious, hurts the eyes. Confused the hell out of me so I never entertained it. I'm a simple man.

Then there are people like me that read a lot of threads - and I am grateful for the info - but live in Tassie so feel that I would not be informed compared to most of you.

Keep the info coming is what I say!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Genuinely, the whole 'I'm not posting because someone talked shit' thing is mental. It's the internet. There are flogs - here as much as anywhere else. Does it make it right? No. But surely those who post the track updates realise the vast majority are appreciative, thankful, and respectful of those posters.

Am I owed your training updates? Also no. But geez we're happy and thankful when you do, because there's lots of us that can't make it due to commitments, health, distance, disabilities etc.

Come on guys, folding and keeping it private hurts the mass majority of us who appreciate your updates - and rewards the trolls. Please keep it up if ya can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely, the whole 'I'm not posting because someone talked s**t' thing is mental. It's the internet. There are flogs - here as much as anywhere else. Does it make it right? No. But surely those who post the track updates realise the vast majority are appreciative, thankful, and respectful of those posters.

Am I owed your training updates? Also no. But geez we're happy and thankful when you do, because there's lots of us that can't make it due to commitments, health, distance, disabilities etc.

Come on guys, folding and keeping it private hurts the mass majority of us who appreciate your updates - and rewards the trolls. Please keep it up if ya can.
Agree, and if you don't like a post - report it. I'm on here every waking second of the day but we don't see everything.

Jebus effing Christ would people stop baiting and others stop taking the bait. Honesty this skoolyard bickering is the worst thing of all. I've been here long enough to see where it goes and it's never good. If peeps don't want to post reports then that's their prerogative. If you don't like it then get yoir flabby arse down to training and see for yourself, but above all STFU.
This pissing and moaning a week out from kickoff is pathetic and irritating to the point I'll troll the arsewipes who keep at it for the rest of the year. Grow the eff up.
Surely not every whinger has a flabby arse.

I thought people were joking about abusing people who post training reports and then people refusing to do training reports because of abuse. Are we really that serious which ever one you are under? Post reports and don’t take contradictions to serious and the other way don’t abuse someone because you disagree with a report. Speaking for myself well I don’t really read training reports especially if it’s about players attitude because as I keep saying you see what you want to see. New coach and players are better at everything. A coach that some don’t rate and players are just going through the motions.

This board obviously wasn’t around when blight took over but can you imagine how positive reports would have been. 16 games later with bugger all wins the reports would have done a 180. I find training reports good for who trained that had been injured. That’s about all I want to read.

Hey … I was just making an observation.

I haven’t looked into it.

But in all honesty. I can’t remember the last new poster we had that became a regular.

It feels like the same 20-30 people.
I’m very disappointed & hurt by my anonymity!

Overseas at the moment so rely on you all for information on the Saints so please keep up the good work.

As per the recent thread above, please keep it civil - if you haven’t got anything informative or positive to write can I suggest don’t bother, maybe just pull some wings off flies instead.

Plenty a training report during the season helped provide a guide and some hope for the following week.

Track watching is one of the best things about footy forums. Gives a little insight to what the club are doing.

It is just funny watching people snipe away at those that provide them. Yet I’ve never seen one of those guys provide a quarter of the value to this forum in comparison to someone who is spending their time in real life to supply info for a group of fans online.

Might explain why the saints board is so poorly represented on big footy in comparison to most clubs
Well said and couldn't agree more. It's awful.

Disaster averted as George has now arranged for some fill ins at short notice.

LLusgfS.gif

FMD you bunch of neuro diverse dweebs, I post a simple response to why there is no full training report and you all go off like slapped b!tches.
Did I post reports from training? Yes, did I post a full report no, and I gave a reason.

No need to psychoanalyse it. All I see is people getting pissy because I said any full report would go to posters but not on the open forum. Geez get over yourselves children.

If some of the whingers want a report, go down today and post one.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back