Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Martin
Emergencies:David CuninghamBrodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies

Last edited:
Harry is quicker than Kennedy

Martin as quick and more dangerous than Cuners

Hollands in line for the sub

While weather conditions could be a factor, a slight increase wouldn't play a part in selection, nor should it

But, if it's warmer, guys lacking a tank or 2way running become a greater liability

I doubt Voss changes his mantra based on the weather, nor should he IMHO
My biggest concern is going into this game with Doc and Acres wounded. Not sure you can carry two injured played in a prelim. Huge risk.

My biggest concern is going into this game with Doc and Acres wounded. Not sure you can carry two injured played in a prelim. Huge risk.
By all accounts Dochs got full use of the shoulder and it’s feeling good. While not the ideal prep I don’t think it’s as big a factor or issue as it’s being made out to be

It was one warm night, if u can’t grasp the concept that’s it will be warmer up here than it’s been in Melbourne during the vast majority of the season - I can’t help you.

The intensity of finals is higher, work rate is increased which is even more difficult in warmer conditions - especially when the opposition is acclimated to those conditions.

As u fatigue - fine motor skills decrease ie more errors occur.
Aerobic beasts (which we have) are less effected by that, they also require less rotations (which helps the other team members).

The side we are playing against are the highest scoring team in the league - they run hard all game & have shown they can score quickly.

& let’s also not forget u were the one claiming Hewett was tagging Oliver & that was the reason his number were down, which was stretch at best.
So you get called out and revert to type. Nobody said that Hewett was tagging Oliver, I said that he was responsible for him at a lot of stoppages, that's what Hewett does. I also said that Dow couldn't do that as he is a see ball get ball mid.

Your incessant attempts to talk Dow back into the team - "Hewett was ordinary" or "it's going to be so hot we need more runners" are transparent and sad. You have every right to discuss why you think he should be in team and why someone else shouldn't be. However it is disingenuous to try and get support by being obtuse.

You're starting to remind me of Charlie Brown sitting there every year waiting for the Great Pumpkin to appear.

We have more than 2 players carrying injuries, Lions have a couple as well
If Docs shoulder comes out. Which it could easily after one week. We potentially could need to use a sub early. It's unlikely to be stable and no doubt Brisbane will target him.

If Docs shoulder comes out. Which it could easily after one week. We potentially could need to use a sub early. It's unlikely to be stable and no doubt Brisbane will target him.
Why so? It came out last week and he finished the game strongly. He said on afl360 last night that there wasn't too much pain at the time because it came out at the front not the back (Mr. Plow might comment here).

He also said he's trained well and good to go. I suspect that it would take more that his shoulder poppingbout again to see Doc get subbed out.

I’ve never had a shoulder dislocation but I have had ball joint move out of socket enough to cause the sharp pain and dead arm feeling.

Can only imagine the pain dislocation would cause and how doc was feeling

I can’t remember how soon after the event I started strengthening the rotor cuffs. But they really help.

I have no idea but For doc I assume it’s a case of resting it this week until the lions game.

Why so? It came out last week and he finished the game strongly. He said on afl360 last night that there wasn't too much pain at the time because it came out at the front not the back (Mr. Plow might comment here).

He also said he's trained well and good to go. I suspect that it would take more that his shoulder poppingbout again to see Doc get subbed out.
Nothing to do with pain. It's all about stability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve never had a shoulder dislocation but I have had ball joint move out of socket enough to cause the sharp pain and dead arm feeling.

Can only imagine the pain dislocation would cause and how doc was feeling

I can’t remember how soon after the event I started strengthening the rotor cuffs. But they really help.

I have no idea but For doc I assume it’s a case of resting it this week until the lions game.
I've done both shoulders. Amazing that Doc was even able to lift his arms above his head. That shoulder won't be stable after a week.

I've done both shoulders. Amazing that Doc was even able to lift his arms above his head. That shoulder won't be stable after a week.
He crashed into the oppo with his arm extended up high and with shoulder joint in a compromising angle.

It’s good that he’s reported it being mostly pain free and able to train.

By all accounts Dochs got full use of the shoulder and it’s feeling good. While not the ideal prep I don’t think it’s as big a factor or issue as it’s being made out to be

Correct. He'll be jabbed up and feel minimal discomfort it's all about how much strength he has in that shoulder. Also, apparently it popped out the front, not behind, which is by far the lesser of two evils.

Seeking the advice of those conspiracy-minded posters on here who reckon the biased AFL tells corrupt umpires how to slant their rulings to get the results the AFL wants. What's your take on this week? Seems to me that everything points to us being favoured:

- If Pies beat GWS, there's the prospect of a Blues/Pies GF on which the AFL would make absolute bank

- If GWS beat Pies, there's the prospect of a terribly unexciting Bris/GWS GF which the AFL would be desperate to avoid

Either way I'd have thought the triple-encrypted messages would be going out to each of the umpires this week: BLUES TO WIN STOP YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO STOP THIS MESSAGE WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN TEN SECONDS STOP

Brisbane won't like it, but sucks to be them I guess. With the AFL so clearly in our corner, it's the rare week where there won't be the slightest cause for any Blues supporter to criticise or question the umpires' integrity when a call goes against us.

...... right?

And Fog can’t kick a goal from further than 30m out.
Yes he tackles but has very little hurt on his kicking. Would rather he get the the ball first than to be laying tackles.
He’s serviceable with elite tackle numbers, there’s still big deficiencies in his game- but some how he’s untouchable & that can’t be mentioned.

You can’t have it all. I’m not sure that player exists, and if they do they aren’t at Carlton.

I re-watched our game to Bris in Rd8.

A few notes from that game that are relevant.
  • Newman cannot play on Cameron. Cameron tore him a new one in the beginning of the game. Saad did much better but still played too loose in my opinion. Cincotta is the right match-up.
  • Bailey also tore us apart. Doc was on him for large periods and also played too loose. I know it won’t happen but serious thought is needed around bringing in Boyd. I fear their small forwards over their talls.
  • JSOS: we need to find a way to bring him in. He had direct involvement in 4 of our 6 goals when the game was on the line. On top of this he does so many little things that don’t count for possessions but have a positive impact on the play. For example, he doesn’t lose contests , just finds a way to impact the pack so Andrews wouldn’t mark.
  • Charlie needs to play in front more. Too often he’s looking the one over the top. But in many cases his team mates need him to rather lead up at them and/or don’t have the distance to get it to him. It’s as if, he thinks he’s the one passing it to himself.
  • we were far too stagnant in the way we played. We looked so much better we we had some heat on the play but that was too sporadic for my liking.
  • Pitto did a decent job as the solo ruck but TDK will be the key.
  • players who played in the game who are no chance of playing this week - Honey, Durdin, Ed, Young, Kennedy.
  • players missing were - TDK, Martin, Cunningham, Fogarty, Cottrell

It was one warm night, if u can’t grasp the concept that’s it will be warmer up here than it’s been in Melbourne during the vast majority of the season - I can’t help you.

The intensity of finals is higher, work rate is increased which is even more difficult in warmer conditions - especially when the opposition is acclimated to those conditions.

As u fatigue - fine motor skills decrease ie more errors occur.
Aerobic beasts (which we have) are less effected by that, they also require less rotations (which helps the other team members).

The side we are playing against are the highest scoring team in the league - they run hard all game & have shown they can score quickly.

& let’s also not forget u were the one claiming Hewett was tagging Oliver & that was the reason his number were down, which was stretch at best.
We may as well not fly up

Sent from my SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back