Half-forwards:Tom De KoningHarry McKaySam Docherty
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Martin
Emergencies:David CuninghamBrodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies

Last edited:

I've probably warmed to keeping this set-up, just because we've had it for all the finals and Marchbank is probably the best matchup for Hipwood anyway (although just checked and Kemp played on him in the Round 8 matchup and kept him to a goal)

The game will probably be won in the midfield anyway so hopefully we get on top there!

If we do get through to the GF, I have no doubt they'll keep the defence the same as GWS (Hogan/Riccardi/Keeffe/Brown) and Collingwood (Mihocek/McStay/Resting Ruck) have quite tall forward lines. Just thought extra run would be handy this week but oh well! :thumbsu:

Last edited by a moderator:

Last Friday was a high of 17.4 according to the weather info I can see- so tipping game time was a lot cooler than that.
Bris weather is way more energy sapping due to the humidity.
Regardless what the weather says the humidity is at - it’s always harder up here.
Been here 5yrs - so I know both climates very very well
22,4 degrees Harry. Got down to a minimum of 15 overnight. I was there in a polo. I've lived in Brisbane as well Harry. Last Friday was almost early summer like surrounded by warmer Thursday and Saturday.

Last Friday was quite warm at the MCG. I think that it was 23 degrees or something similar.

Bloody oath, worked up a fair sweat plodding along the path to the G from fed square…was cursing myself I didn’t wear shorts.
I’m seeing exactly the same weather this week, with a different outfit choice

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22,4 degrees Harry. Got down to a minimum of 15 overnight. I was there in a polo. I've lived in Brisbane as well Harry. Last Friday was almost early summer like surrounded by warmer Thursday and Saturday.
I saw 17.4 - moot point - warmer up here & you know that better than most.
More run is a good idea, just another small factor leaning that way.

I saw 17.4 - moot point - warmer up here & you know that better than most.
More run is a good idea, just another small factor leaning that way.
It isn't a moot point. You are wrong. We will be playing in almost exactly the same conditions that we did last Friday night with an 8 day break.

That's not what we want. A shootout is their bread and butter.

We need to make it a slog.

Sent from my SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
They are going to score, that’s a given.

Top scoring team this season, hoping they miss & we can shut them down, isn’t a plan.

Kicking a score & stopping them at the same time is!
we plan for defense way to heavily

Brisbane have 'improved' their midfield play after having to recalibrate when they lost their young star to an ACL- but that 'improvement' has had limited 'testing'. Their standout player between the arcs has been McClugage ...and that isn't a knock on Neil who i rate as an elite player on his day.

They have had Games against: Fremantle/Collingwood/Adelaide and St Kilda in the weeks leading up to finals - none of these games saw Brisbane 'flex' midfield dominance - and they were very lucky to beat Adelaide and Fremantle.

They did beat Port in the first qualifying final...

Referencing their win against Carlton when Carlton was in the doldrums doesn't provide much indication (IMO) if for no other reason than Carlton is playing with a much different team and much better finals quality football.

This game is very winnable - especially if the Carlton midfield can win more than a fair share of the ball.

Sydney and Melbourne were stern finals quality tests of both the Voss 'game style' and the player's ability to play finals quality football against genuine finals quality teams who both play contested football.

It is as much up to Brisbane to match that kind of contested game as for Carlton to stop their very strong forward line - one follows the other both ways. They wouldn't want too much ball to find its way towards Charlie or Harry.

We will want repeat ground ball contests and a grinding game- they will want space and time - deprive them of space in which they can use their run and kicking skills and the game becomes much more 'even'.

Voss has set the team up with a finals quality game plan and the team has embraced what it takes to execute - with some degree of success. It is now up to the players and the bounce of the ball to decide the winner. Coaches can only 'get' the team ready to contend - the rest is up to them and luck.

I was at the footy in a t shirt all night and I was like what the???

It isn't a moot point. You are wrong. We will be playing in almost exactly the same conditions that we did last Friday night with an 8 day break.
BOM table I saw had 17.4 - if I was wrong than I apologize - it’s still taxing at 20
Small ground, ballistic, high scoring opposition who are bloody good, not sure why your so opposed to the idea extra run would be helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back