Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought he was too, and then Zurhaar took half the CBAs for the last two match sims. :grimacing:

Is Cunners still a lock if he’s only playing midfield 50% of the time? Not sure he is.
Decided to turn Cunners into Rozee

Feels good

I thought he was too, and then Zurhaar took half the CBAs for the last two match sims. :grimacing:

Is Cunners still a lock if he’s only playing midfield 50% of the time? Not sure he is.

I doubt we’ll see much of CZ in the guts when the real stuff starts but can see him being used occasionally as an impact player. He tries to crash through too often and gets caught instead of dishing off.

Cunners is elite at extracting and dishing off a handball - will spend a bit more time resting forward (I’d estimate around 30% forward) but he’s very handy in that role. He’s underpriced, will score well and should go close to top 6 forward. He’s a lock for mine.

Decided to turn Cunners into Rozee

Feels good

giphy.gif

Too much northern exposure IMO

Can understand that.

Only two keepers in LDU and Cunnington.

I’ve tinkered around a bit further and will have Phillips, Sheezel and Goater as rookies - all should have decent job security and score reasonably.

I doubt we’ll see much of CZ in the guts when the real stuff starts but can see him being used occasionally as an impact player. He tries to crash through too often and gets caught instead of dishing off.

Cunners is elite at extracting and dishing off a handball - will spend a bit more time resting forward (I’d estimate around 30% forward) but he’s very handy in that role. He’s underpriced, will score well and should go close to top 6 forward. He’s a lock for mine.
Even without the CZ factor, I thought Cunners was only going to just get to 70% with Jy, LDU, Powell, Phillips and Greenwood around.
Zurhaar was just a bridge too far for me.

Even without the CZ factor, I thought Cunners was only going to just get to 70% with Jy, LDU, Powell, Phillips and Greenwood around.
Zurhaar was just a bridge too far for me.

Time will tell!

Your team is looking good.

Having a play around with my team. Willing to play Constable & Wilmott at D5&D6
Not sure on Flanders but will see pre season games and Ratugolea could be a bargain at F6 if he plays that intercept role fulltime.
Dunkley at M4 could drop back forward and Flanders could become Callahan.

53.JPG
54.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re getting close now. This is my current draft heading into next week’s praccy matches. 11 keepers + Yeo Hopper Cunners Fyfe as MPMs.

EBAD45EA-96F6-4FB1-B464-76D2583E667D.jpeg 1E297BD8-30E9-49F3-94D0-3550AF882AD0.jpeg

View attachment 1615037

Looking at something like this after the first week of practice games. Key things for me to watch next week:
  1. How do Oscar Allen, Ben King and Sheezel perform? Already concerned with spending up on Ratugolea and Menzie (big watch on him also next week) and want to nail the spend there.

2. In the same vein, how do Ben Cunnington and Fyfe perform? Is it worth pushing Rats/Menzie up to one of them (and if so, where do I change the structure?).

3. Keen eye on Hayden Young and the kick-ins. Also want to see how Daicos goes again, but was impressed with him today.

4. Big watch on the Doggies with Bont and English, but also curious to see how Macrae performs and in what role.
Some other thoughts:
  1. Loved Yeo and Hopper today and pretty happy to have the two mid-pricers. Anything more is starting to get a bit scary, but will consider it for Flanders/Bowes/Fyfe if they look really good next week.

2. Think that there is a lot of uncertainty in the midfield outside of Laird/Oliver. Currently happy to lock in both of them, but if I want to move up in another position, will likely need to drop one of them. Key considerations to replace are Parish/Steele.

3. Rozee looked ******* phenomenal in the first half today.
Love any insight any one has here.

Love your structure, running the same myself.

Think the big question for me here is do whether to take on the risk/reward of 2 of LDU/Green/Anderson vs super premo + Cunnington

That's where the points are at.
I tried that strat last year. for the first six weeks of the season, two of my ultra premos got putrid scores and because I was so reliant on them to score well given there were more rookies on my field than others, ended up down the pack and behind the eight ball.

Making life hard on yourself leaving 6 x 600k ultra Premo MIDs to trade in during the season. Need to start with at least season long keepers M1-M4 IMO

That's where the C/VC options are this year too, last 4 years could go lighter and C Gawndy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back