Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t see the game but heard he was really good. I put him in for now, concern is Salem when he comes back?
Can’t see Salem playing before the Byes. Second time he’s had thyroid, which is a concern. Doubt they’ll rush him back.

McVee is a lockity lock.

Can’t see Salem playing before the Byes. Second time he’s had thyroid, which is a concern. Doubt they’ll rush him back.

McVee is a lockity lock.

Hopefully he slips through and not many start him. He is in only 1% of teams at the moment.

1677308152663-png.1615538

Hopefully he slips through and not many start him. He is in only 1% of teams at the moment.
Yeah noticed that. But we all know what will happen. There’ll be articles at HS, Jock, Dc SC etc all saying pick these rookies and every dickhead that CBF doing all the hard work will just pick whatever they say. SC these days is putrid in that respect. Too much accessible coverage to help lazy ass people. Same when it comes to bubble boys. No-one slips through the cracks.

First time player, so go easy on me.

Not too sure on Callaghan and Berry, but don't know who else to go for.

View attachment 1615594
Welcome to the board, nice team!

Re:Berry he's not likely to play round one. You could consider Greene from Hawthorn or Stone from GWS? Humphrey no certainty either imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1615594
Better options at that price than Rioli. Not a fan of Callaghan or Humphrey and I’m not sure Coffield is worth that price tag but next week will help. Other than that, good first time team.

Better options at that price than Rioli. Not a fan of Callaghan or Humphrey and I’m not sure Coffield is worth that price tag but next week will help. Other than that, good first time team.

I might be slightly biased with Rioli as a Richmond supporter, but for someone who only had a couple weeks of training as a HB, did enough for people to consider him a shot for the AA team at HB. Think he improves with the full preseason. I think he's also the HB that has the most goal potential (which I don't know if it's a big factor, but it's at least some factor).

Also waiting to see what happens with Coffield, and I do have some doubts over Callaghan.

View attachment 1615594
Welcome .....can I suggest as a first time player, you have a read of some game tips here:

I might be slightly biased with Rioli as a Richmond supporter, but for someone who only had a couple weeks of training as a HB, did enough for people to consider him a shot for the AA team at HB. Think he improves with the full preseason. I think he's also the HB that has the most goal potential (which I don't know if it's a big factor, but it's at least some factor).

Also waiting to see what happens with Coffield, and I do have some doubts over Callaghan.
Have a look at what Rioli is priced at ( SC price divided by 5,500) ....and then judge whether you think he can average 20-30 points above his price, to represent good value

I understand Callaghan might have a recurrence of a foot injury .....and Coffield, after an ACL and Hamstring (early Jan), might need to build into the season
You should want your rookie priced players to hit the ground running in round 1

Have a look at what Rioli is priced at ( SC price divided by 5,500) ....and then judge whether you think he can average 20-30 points above his price, to represent good value

I understand Callaghan might have a recurrence of a foot injury .....and Coffield, after an ACL and Hamstring (early Jan), might need to build into the season
You should want your rookie priced players to hit the ground running in round 1
He's talking about Dan Rioli - a 20/30 point jump is a pretty high bar you're setting there :moustache:

He's talking about Dan Rioli - a 20/30 point jump is a pretty high bar you're setting there :moustache:
Teach me for jumping in ....honestly thought we were talking Maurice ....my bad, apologies

I‘ve got the same structure ATM

Tnoughts on this line up team?

View attachment 1615597
Hickey injured apparently Horse is looking at MacAndrew early I thought he played okay against the Lions

Himmer would be a good get if he was playing in defence but as a forward there’s probably better options will

Pickett get much midfield time this season he’s a very low scoring forward

I‘ve got the same structure ATM

Tnoughts on this line up team?

View attachment 1615597
Love the Redman pick for a POD. Same with Kosi. I'm not the biggest Hopper fan but it makes sense for your structure.
HH has been flagged to play more forward this year hasn't he? If so, I don't think he's worth it.

Also, Hickey may not be playing for te first few rounds (I think)

Hickey injured apparently Horse is looking at MacAndrew early I thought he played okay against the Lions

Himmer would be a good get if he was playing in defence but as a forward there’s probably better options will

Pickett get much midfield time this season he’s a very low scoring forward

Yeah just found out about Hickey. That leaves Lycett as my only option less than 470k. Yuk.

Has Himmer had a role change? Was awesome for me last year.

Pickett playing MID. He’ll get a lot of 1-2-1 with his pace. It’s a risk, but I reckon he averages 80 odd which will do at that price. If it doesn’t work out, can’t see him losing money so can cull for a bubble boy.

Laird over Oliver - interesting, but why?

Laird is GAJ like. Set and forget. Clarry hates tags, and he’ll be getting a few in the early rounds.

You were one of those people who never started GAJ at 700k, weren’t you? Laird is almost perma Captain material.

3 games under 114 last year, 104, 97 and 93.

14 games 120+
10 games 130+
7 games 140+

Love the Redman pick for a POD. Same with Kosi. I'm not the biggest Hopper fan but it makes sense for your structure.
HH has been flagged to play more forward this year hasn't he? If so, I don't think he's worth it.

Also, Hickey may not be playing for te first few rounds (I think)
Yeah I didn’t like Hopper either. I had Anderson at M5 and Clarke at D4, but Anderson to Hopper and Clarke to Dawson made a lot of sense

Hickey news is a genuine problem. Have no idea what to do. If Himmer is playing forward, downgrading him a bit and then upgrading Hickey to Nank would work, but no decent forwards under 450k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back