Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played around with things slightly to try Ratugolea as cover.

Goater > McKenna
LDU > Anderson
Stone > Ratugolea

Gives ruck cover assuming he plays and looks solid.

Would actually still like to squeeze Heath in as R3 in case he gets games too.

Thoughts?
McAndrew can be ruck cover too

My latest effort. Not sure about the backline but otherwise im happy.

View attachment 1615976
This looks very similar to my side...Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

BrightTastyGiantschnauzer-size_restricted.gif

1-5-2-4 the way to go this year imo. So much value in defence, allows you to load up in other lines (provided we get all the def rookies)

View attachment 1616035
Debatable, pretty much comes down to Taranto/Ginbey vs SP defender/Greene.

Steele priced the same as Stewart/Dawson. Who averages more? What about when factoring in the rookies?

Debatable, pretty much comes down to Taranto/Ginbey vs SP defender/Greene.

Steele priced the same as Stewart/Dawson. Who averages more? What about when factoring in the rookies?

You'd think Stewart and Dawson are priced at max and 600k is a lot to pay for a defender premo, reckon Steele is under-priced for what we know he can do and will average more than both. I'd be taking Steele over Stewart/Dawson every day of the week and you'll probably be able to grab Stew/Dawson for around 550k during season.

Also hard to see how Dunkley, Cogs, Rozee and Taranto all don't finish top 6 forwards by the end of the year. I think you need to start all 4 and the only way that's possible is by going light in defence or dropping a mid premo.

Screenshot_20230226_150051_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230226_150138_Chrome.jpg
Version: I can't even remember anymore.

Defenders: Have only gone with one of the high priced defenders in Stewart. Prior to this weekend I also had Docherty but wanted to beef up other lines.
Notable absentee would be Goater. He is a watch for me, but am generally comfortable with this line at present.

Mids: Had to let my boy Touk go. The injury concern wasn't sitting well with me and I was looking for a reason to bring in Bont anyway.
Holding firm on Serong, was one of my first picked when SC opened. Unless injury hits, he will hold his spot.
Wish I could find room for Noah Anderson though. Feel like he will have an AA year.

Rucks: I had an epiphany over the last 24 hours and said to myself, what's the one line I dont want to have to worry about? The rucks. I previously was running Grundy and Marshall, but there's too much unknown about Grundy at the moment. Moved to Witts and instantly felt better. Bit more of an investment, but hopefully a set and forget.

Forwards: Notable absentee is McLean. I just didn't like seeing his name in my team. I understand he is cheap, but he is also bog average. Moved on from Cunnington as well.
I love this line now. I have Milera who is the mid price POD I am hoping can bang out some nice scores early and then upgrade to Dunkley (who im hoping will drop in price a bit)

View attachment 1616109
View attachment 1616110
Version: I can't even remember anymore.

Defenders: Have only gone with one of the high priced defenders in Stewart. Prior to this weekend I also had Docherty but wanted to beef up other lines.
Notable absentee would be Goater. He is a watch for me, but am generally comfortable with this line at present.

Mids: Had to let my boy Touk go. The injury concern wasn't sitting well with me and I was looking for a reason to bring in Bont anyway.
Holding firm on Serong, was one of my first picked when SC opened. Unless injury hits, he will hold his spot.
Wish I could find room for Noah Anderson though. Feel like he will have an AA year.

Rucks: I had an epiphany over the last 24 hours and said to myself, what's the one line I dont want to have to worry about? The rucks. I previously was running Grundy and Marshall, but there's too much unknown about Grundy at the moment. Moved to Witts and instantly felt better. Bit more of an investment, but hopefully a set and forget.

Forwards: Notable absentee is McLean. I just didn't like seeing his name in my team. I understand he is cheap, but he is also bog average. Moved on from Cunnington as well.
I love this line now. I have Milera who is the mid price POD I am hoping can bang out some nice scores early and then upgrade to Dunkley (who im hoping will drop in price a bit)
Milera is bog average as well.

I can't see him pumping out any decent scores to help you upgrade to Dunkley.

I’m currently on the Daicos D1 and Yeo D2 train (4 cheapies/rookies on field). Might go less risky by the time round 1 comes around. But I reckon Yeo D3 at worst. Backline has the better rookies to play on field (minus Ashcroft, Phillips, McLean).

1-5-2-4 the way to go this year imo. So much value in defence, allows you to load up in other lines (provided we get all the def rookies)

View attachment 1616035
Bowes and Parish are different picks, but don’t mind them. McKenna v Goater is 50/50 for me. I like Goater, but he’s still building his tank and McKenna is a more known quantity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1616143

Getting close now, 47k left for corrections, light in the back line but if the rest doesn't look pretty I will go he...
Surely I’m not the only one that confuses every one of your posts for that of the reigning SC champ.

He is a very good player. Has just come back from an ACL reconstruction but when he's up and running he's good for 20+ possies a game.

You could see a glimpse of his talent in the Freo vs Dogs final last year when he had 12 touches in the first quarter then died out, he is rearing to go this year. At 170k you couldn't ask for much more from that price range.

Good luck.

Gone a bit lighter in defence to strengthen the midfield by downgrading Stewart to Young.

Midfield is reliant on Cunnington and Hopper producing some profits. Maybe I can downgrade Brayshaw, but I think he and Freo are in for a big year.

Not 100% set on Darcy due to Jackson arrival throwing an unknown into the mix.

Forward line is almost set and forget. Could possibly downgrade Allen to Davey, but wait and see I guess.

*Sorry Makeshift Park , no LDU:'(.

1677398972213.png
1677398995484.png

Post match sim attempt. Another one who is going lighter in defence. With with Sinclair since no one else seems to have him. Swapped Coffield to Bowes since Coff was in the 'B' group on Friday and looked very rusty.

Not that sold on my midfield choices. Probably the area I will change the most over the next week.

Lycett seems like a mistake already.

Forwards is the line I am happiest with. Cogs would be the only one I consider changing depending on how next weeks games go.

Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 7.39.47 pm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back