Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kossie Pickett’s a small forward. He might roll through the midfield but he ain’t stealing points off Piggy, Tracca, Viney and others consistently enough to be a genuine option at that price… he might even do a Jackson and start mailing it in mid year if he knows he’s going back to Adelaide at the end of the season… ditch the Melbourne nuffie glasses I reckon…
He won’t steal them from Piggy and Trac, but he might steal them from Viney. He’s not as fast as he once was and has been given tagging roles a few times. Wouldn’t mind betting Viney does more of that and they use Kossie’s run. I reckon they prefer Kossie to Harmes and Sparrow who had plenty of CBAs last year. Certainly looked good in the guts against the Saints and has been training with MIDs all preseason. I’m yet to be convinced myself, but he’s there for now and see how he goes this weekend. Not much risk, as I said, easy to downgrade.

13E3F92F-563B-4860-84E6-43A80BD32E08.jpeg

Last edited:

Post match sim attempt. Another one who is going lighter in defence. With with Sinclair since no one else seems to have him. Swapped Coffield to Bowes since Coff was in the 'B' group on Friday and looked very rusty.

Not that sold on my midfield choices. Probably the area I will change the most over the next week.

Lycett seems like a mistake already.

Forwards is the line I am happiest with. Cogs would be the only one I consider changing depending on how next weeks games go.

View attachment 1616398
Agreed on Lycett and like the Sinclair/Steele picks.

Midfield is fine, but it’ll be good to keep an eye out on other rookie mid options. Drury has fallen down the peaking order at hb for north in favour of Goater/Bonar/Bergman and Thomas is back, but Drury will get games at some point this year.

Midfield is fine, but it’ll be good to keep an eye out on other rookie mid options. Drury has fallen down the peaking order at hb for north in favour of Goater/Bonar/Bergman and Thomas is back, but Drury will get games at some point this year.
Tell us about Goater Kanga. Must have or keep an eye on next week?

Tell us about Goater Kanga. Must have or keep an eye on next week?
I like him. Is playing wing/hb. Won’t be a really high disposal getter this year though as he continues to build his tank (if he can replicate his 21 disposal game from last year as a season average, then I’ll be ecstatic). Keep an eye on him next week is my recommendation, but his leg speed, size and versatility puts him ahead of a few competitors.

Last edited:
Not happy about cash left in le pusswah & I'm still pushing Dirty Harry until the dream definitely fails.

Please be rough, the rougher the better.

I don't like cinnamon & petroleum based products.

1677406207353.png

9bd3790781d6cc50f071c21798fb1085.gif

Contender for top 10 for sure, just depends on how he is used with Rich and now Rayner back there.
Loved him in my team last year, loved watching his silky skills. Enjoyed your melts too!

Can't have him now though, not at his price and his role not 100% locked in.

Are there any other rookies expected from North aside from Goater and Sheezel?

I'm considering both but I had the cash to go up to Bowes in defence and there seem to be some cheaper fwd rookies than Sheezel.

Are there any other rookies expected from North aside from Goater and Sheezel?

I'm considering both but I had the cash to go up to Bowes in defence and there seem to be some cheaper fwd rookies than Sheezel.
Phillips and Comben.

Phillips is a more expensive rookie. He has gotten a lot fitter and got 22 disposals and 8 clearances against a very good tigers midfield on Friday. Worth nothing that he will be battling Powell/Cunnington/Simpkin/LDU/Greenwood for quality CBA time, but his kicking skills and poise stands him in good stead. See how he goes next week with Cunnington and co back in. I have him in, but I’m biased.

Comben is the heir apparent to chf. Good at crashing packs and very mobile, but not likely to be a high scorer as a young kpf. Will get a lot of games, injuries permitting of course. More a f7/8 option tbh.

Miller Bergman could easily get a few games later in the year due to his kicking skills off hb. Is still very slight, so more likely an option to think about later in the year.

Last edited:
Without the aid of a smart phone, this is my latest attempt.....$63700 left and Proj.score 1825

DEF: Young Daicos Yeo Goater Wilmot McVee.....Cowan Chesser
MID: Oliver Neale Bont Anderson Green Ashcroft Phillipou Phillips....Constable Baker Davey
RUC: Witts Marshall......Madden
Fwd: Dunkley Coniglio Rozee Taranto Menzie Stone.....Greene McAndrew

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need some serious help!!! Struggling with the amount of Premo I should I have in every position.

View attachment 1614622
Your premo distribution is fine, im more concerned about the rookies. Having a rookie thats worth 170k starting on your bench isnt ideal, not saying trade them out but for eg. swap philipou on for sinn, and get ginbey in yout backline (Swap for wagner, then sub for wilmot). In the case of teakle, I like him as a pick if he is port's key ruckman so in that case id say its fine if you want to go that route.

I am liking the light backline more and more

Looks a hell of a lot like my team did less than 24 hours ago. I had exactly the same rucks and forwards on field and similar mids and backs with Hopper at m7.

I think traditionally mid rookies score more than rookies in the other positions but so far this preseason the early indications are that may not be the case. Ashcroft is an absolute must field but beyond him I don't think any are. Phillips should be good but those backline rookies could be too.

Anyway that is my long winded way of saying that I like it

I‘ve got the same structure ATM

Tnoughts on this line up team?

View attachment 1615597
Love the Pickett selection. Seems like a positive risk.

I'd go Meek or even Draper over Hickey. I'm concerned about Hickey's body, and I imagine Ladhams will get a few chances next year which can only be bad for Hickey's scoring.

Going cold on Steele
Me too – was considering him, but he looked rubbish in the practice match. Granted, it's just a practice match, but he looked a fair bit off the pace which is concerning.

Me too – was considering him, but he looked rubbish in the practice match. Granted, it's just a practice match, but he looked a fair bit off the pace which is concerning.
I had a few extra bucks left over so decided (for now) to replace with Laird who I'm assuming will be a top 10 player by years end

I went semi MPM on this one:

Screenshot_2023-02-27-11-19-10-17_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

112k left over. Menzie is one that I am 50/50 on. SC doesn't reward small forwards too well.

I'm warming up to the idea of taking a mid pricer / 400k'er with me into the start of the season - someone like Kiddy Coleman or Kozi Pickett.

And keep a bit of cash banked for corrections. That way, if someone comes out flying to start the season cough Whitfield cough then I can easily make the correction.

My current team for reference

1677457564265.png

I went semi MPM on this one:

View attachment 1616724

112k left over. Menzie is one that I am 50/50 on. SC doesn't reward small forwards too well.

Semi MPM? I think you've gone full MPM. You'll have a fun year riding some PODs like Rankine, Windhager, Newcombe etc. I hope you stick with this set up!

I would suggest Nic Martin > Hopper or Sheed or Fyfe and use the left over money to get Sam Berry to a Noah Anderson type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back