Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was being metaphorical dear boy; it can of course be equally applied to any manufacturer of prose-laden media.

monty-python-monty-python-the-life-of-brian.gif
"Any manufacturer" eh?

Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

My first shot... will probably look a lot different by the time Round 1 comes around, but I like to have a post just to look back on at the end of the season.
I refuse to having Collingwood players in my side so that is causing some issues with Cameron, Mitchell and Daicos being good picks. I broke the rule last season with Daicos but he was a kid, I can't have established Pies in my side.

View attachment 1576102
You might need to put Dazjack on ignore, with your pie phobia, otherwise he'll woody woodpecker your head till you give in and select one just to shut him up, however in principle I do agree with your viewpoint.

View attachment 1576128
This is me at the moment. rookies are place holders.
I really have only one or two rookies im certain about at this stage
Heavy hitters and a DPP party planned, by its look.
I want to see what St K look like until I seriously consider Sinc/Jack. I think they are both really well priced if we are going to get what we expect from them, but Lyon is going to be the new Leon Cameron, if I remember anything about his SC impact.

Heavy hitters and a DPP party planned, by its look.
I want to see what St K look like until I seriously consider Sinc/Jack. I think they are both really well priced if we are going to get what we expect from them, but Lyon is going to be the new Leon Cameron, if I remember anything about his SC impact.
Im trying to get as many of the high priced guys as i can locked away early. Hopefully i pick the ones that keep their value.
My team will change a fair bit if we go back to 30 trades and no boosts. I will probably take a few more 500k premos and try to get another one in.
Lets hope thats not the case.
I LOVE boosts.

Last edited:
My first shot... will probably look a lot different by the time Round 1 comes around, but I like to have a post just to look back on at the end of the season.
I refuse to having Collingwood players in my side so that is causing some issues with Cameron, Mitchell and Daicos being good picks. I broke the rule last season with Daicos but he was a kid, I can't have established Pies in my side.

View attachment 1576102
A man who places emotion above competitive spirit is a man who does not possess the will to win.

As a life-long Collingwood tragic, but as someone who has a steely-minded resolve to win this effing thing one day; leave DC out at your peril. He will be a 105+ player this year and has DPP in a crucial part of the field.
He is the only Collingwood player in my line-up, FWIW.

Forget Titch - he won't crack the top 12 by year's end anyway and Daics will be over-represented and thus poor value both ways; if he starts going 110 everyone will have him anyway.
Anyway, good coaching and don't forget to get stuffed.

Just an addendum on walking the talk: I was at the 79/81 GF and cried my youthful little eyes out. I have been lucky enough to see us win 2 flags, but unless I live to see us beat Carlton in a GF, my life will feel lesser than it should have been.

I still have Cripps/Doch. in my side: That is how much I want to win SC.

Last edited:
You might need to put Dazjack on ignore, with your pie phobia, otherwise he'll woody woodpecker your head till you give in and select one just to shut him up, however in principle I do agree with your viewpoint.
Still hurts, that last round, doesn't it? Feel my 79/81 pain, do ya?

mr-burns-excellent-mr-burns.gif

Im trying to get as many of the high priced guys as i can locked away early. Hopefully i pick the ones that keep their value.
My team will change a fair bit if we go back to no trade and no boosts. I will probably take a few more 500k premos and try to get another one in.
Lets hope thats not the case.
I LOVE boosts.
You might lose a buck or two here or there, but it is the score in the book that counts.

I have decided that LDU is the 550K player for me to chance my arm on. I reckon he is ready to hit the 120+ brigade and shoot into the top 10 mids.

This is me at the moment. rookies are place holders.
I really have only one or two rookies im certain about at this stage
It may be illogical but I'm finding it hard to justify 2 600k blokes in the backline, let alone 4

Maybe SC is just heading in a direction where defenders are almost as good as mids, but comparing Sicily and Steele doesn't seem close

Will probably change my mind by rd1 all things considered

It may be illogical but I'm finding it hard to justify 2 600k blokes in the backline, let alone 4

Maybe SC is just heading in a direction where defenders are almost as good as mids, but comparing Sicily and Steele doesn't seem close

Will probably change my mind by rd1 all things considered
Yep i think the high priced defenders are here to stay.
Intercept marks are worth so many points. Lots of cheap easy ball in the backline.
locking away 4 at the start of the year is attractive to me. let everyone else scramble to get them in later on.
I like the idea of the weak forward line as we have plenty of midpricers around i can jump on early + dpp additions.
Thats the plan anyways

this i am finding to be my dilemma. those players who if they were playing in another position, would/wouldnt be worth their price. defenders have always generally been the anchor of a good sc side for as long as i can remember. set and forget sorta thing.

the issue with the 700k guys is if they have 2 poor scores to start with. their price could be set to drop 100k in the first set of price changes. something id wanna avoid.

titch for example at 520k. has an 80 or 70 game. its not the end of the world. he goes down to 470ish. big deal. but laird dropping from 700k to 580 in the matter of the first couple price changes can be catastrophic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this i am finding to be my dilemma. those players who if they were playing in another position, would/wouldnt be worth their price. defenders have always generally been the anchor of a good sc side for as long as i can remember. set and forget sorta thing.

the issue with the 700k guys is if they have 2 poor scores to start with. their price could be set to drop 100k in the first set of price changes. something id wanna avoid.

titch for example at 520k. has an 80 or 70 game. its not the end of the world. he goes down to 470ish. big deal. but laird dropping from 700k to 580 in the matter of the first couple price changes can be catastrophic.
I am trying, from the get go, to think best in position - 6-8-2-6. Obvious, I know, but here is the BUT.
As you say, Laird/Oliver, even Miller to an extent, big money. Cripps, Bont without Dunks, likely top 8 at a lesser price.
I am taking them now and Laird/Oli later on that basis.
I am applying that logic across the whole, which so far leaves out Laird/Oliver/Sic/Sinc/Cogs/Heeney, for example; we know they will be in the best side possible, but they all may well get a big discount and in the meantime you take their compadres that you think are currently unders.
Similarly, if Hodor at 560K shows us he is fit and firing in the PS dress-rehearsal, he is a lock, otherwise if he is iffy and/or managed, he is unders.

I am trying, from the get go, to think best in position - 6-8-2-6. Obvious, I know, but here is the BUT.
As you say, Laird/Oliver, even Miller to an extent, big money. Cripps, Bont without Dunks, likely top 8 at a lesser price.
I am taking them now and Laird/Oli later on that basis.
I am applying that logic across the whole, which so far leaves out Laird/Oliver/Sic/Sinc/Cogs/Heeney, for example; we know they will be in the best side possible, but they all may well get a big discount and in the meantime you take their compadres that you think are currently unders.
Similarly, if Hodor at 560K shows us he is fit and firing in the PS dress-rehearsal, he is a lock, otherwise if he is iffy and/or managed, he is unders.
The VC/C is what muddies the waters a bit. You simply have to start 2 or 3 good captain options. And who do we think are the safest options at this stage? Laird, Oliver, and Macrae for me.

You can get most/all of the breakout players and mid-pricers right, but if I've got Laird or Piggy going massive with the C on it it doesn't really matter.

Hear that every year. Training the house down, right?

View attachment 1576164
Agreed, but we just need the first 10 games for him to make a bit of money. Doesn't need to last the whole season for SC purposes.

As I type that I realise how unlikely that sounds...............

But ....But ....Titch is in my side too

But I am having a problem .....I'm considering Whitfield @ $476K .....hold my hand
1671527286595.png

That's exactly what the Pies need. Hard ball gets, contested handballs, tackles. Titch playing pure midfield means he'll average around 35 touches a game, which gets him 110 at least. The occasional 80 pointer, the occasional 140 pointer.

The drop in scoring in 2022 is because he got less CBAs. Add them back and by default he gets enough of the ball to go 110+. He's a ball magnet. Price is selling point. Definitely worth it for me.
1671527307178.png

My thinking too ....COLL knew what Titch would bring & obviously are looking for his playing style

COLL won't hide Titch in lesser roles, as HAW did last year
1671527323124.png

The VC/C is what muddies the waters a bit. You simply have to start 2 or 3 good captain options. And who do we think are the safest options at this stage? Laird, Oliver, and Macrae for me.

You can get most/all of the breakout players and mid-pricers right, but if I've got Laird or Piggy going massive with the C on it it doesn't really matter.
Take Cripps' spell as relief ruck out of the picture and he is very juicy. Imagine Bontempelli as a full-time midfielder, without Dunkley and with a fist full of forwards to play with; my SC erogenous zones go into near-apoplexy at the idea.
I am not decrying the lock and load option, it is a time-worn winner, but so far this kind of thinking has landed me Hodor and LDU where otherwise I'd fall just shy.

Take Cripps' spell as relief ruck out of the picture and he is very juicy. Imagine Bontempelli as a full-time midfielder, without Dunkley and with a fist full of forwards to play with; my SC erogenous zones go into near-apoplexy at the idea.
I am not decrying the lock and load option, it is a time-worn winner, but so far this kind of thinking has landed me Hodor and LDU where otherwise I'd fall just shy.
ive been considering cripps for most of today actually.. maybe hes the next 700k breakout contender??

Can we please have a special badge awarded to the first campaigner that runs with Grawndy?
Maybe a stylised super-chol or some such object.
Cannot understand anyone starting with either to be honest. Jackson was never going to take Gawn's ruck time. Grundy, however.....

Rather wait and see how they're going to work together in the same team. Will jump on at the Bye's if need be, but I'm tipping I won't need to

ive been considering cripps for most of today actually.. maybe hes the next 700k breakout contender??
Maybe. Maybe you'll change your mind 293476 times before the day's out and he'll be a spud by the time your head hits the pillow ;)

Cannot understand anyone starting with either to be honest. Jackson was never going to take Gawn's ruck time. Grundy, however.....

Rather wait and see how they're going to work together in the same team. Will jump on at the Bye's if need be, but I'm tipping I won't need to
Gawn will be R/F after round 6, no need to wait until the bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back