Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be my final team. Still tempted to go Gulden > Cunnington and bring in Flanders, and not 100% on the Cumming pick but not sure what to shift to afford another SP def and not sold on Ridley or Daicos. Menzie and McVee feel like placeholders. Keen to keep some money for corrections. Thoughts?
IMG_20230305_145831.jpg
IMG_20230305_145844.jpg

Last edited:
Old and coming off some significant time out of the game. Likely to be rested, but also, you'd expect Dunkley, Taranto, Rozee, Coniglio, Moore, Heeney and maybe a Gulden/Butters type to all push up around the 100 mark (Dunkley obviously 110+). Then you've got the likes of Gawn, Petracca et al who'll likely get DPP after R6. I'd be amazed if Cunnington scores more total points than just about any of the names listed above, and if you're spending over 400k, you'd really want to be getting a keeper for that money.
What would you reckon the likelihood of petracca getting DPP?

Hey all, finished about 1,000th last season, love and hate this time of the year haha.

This is about version 600 for me this pre-season!

Changes I'm thinking about;
1) Flanders to Sheezel (unsure about ability to score with Touk back but fantastic pre-season)
2) Davey to Cam Mackenzie (would need to free up about $20k somewhere if I do above too)

Not convinced on Cameron but it's allowed me to get one extra premo in defence. I had Ginbey as high as D4 yesterday, Gawn is very tempting though.
Screen Shot 2023-03-05 at 3.01.12 pm.png

1677990080258.png
Not comfortable with McVee or Phillipou atm but will keep tweaking. Laird has been in and out, but his consistency makes him hard to get cheaply. Happy to pass on Gulden at this stage but understand the attraction, if he's in the 4 man CBA rotation will sideways to him pre Rd 3. Still see most of the value in low defenders despite a few dropping off

Hey all, finished about 1,000th last season, love and hate this time of the year haha.

This is about version 600 for me this pre-season!

Changes I'm thinking about;
1) Flanders to Sheezel (unsure about ability to score with Touk back but fantastic pre-season)
2) Davey to Cam Mackenzie (would need to free up about $20k somewhere if I do above too)

Not convinced on Cameron but it's allowed me to get one extra premo in defence. I had Ginbey as high as D4 yesterday, Gawn is very tempting though.
View attachment 1622068

Welcome to the forum mate and Great to see another Tiger here.:thumbsu:

Your team looks pretty good but you have 4 x $102k rookies on the bench. Madden is good for Captain loop and Cincotta might play round 1 but the other 2 probably won't so you really need to replace them with players named Round 1. Personally I would stick with Flanders you can always downgrade if you need to later. You might need to downgrade one of Oliver or Laird to someone in the low $600k range to free up some cash.

Think those taking Gulden & Jones are chasing last weeks points.
Can Jones ever have an easier opponent than Comben?
Gulden score definitely an outlier. How much did he benefit with Mills not playing?

I agree about Jones.

Not Gulden. 45 possies is 45 possies. If I got it in a forum fan grudge match, I'd get a plaque made up. Gulden did things in his debut year, and he's always looked like ending up elite for mine. I dunno how a coach sends a bloke back to the flank after an effort like that. I might send Mills back to the back flank instead, if it was me.

8F275810-E138-43A0-B440-3D6ADF81D1BA.jpeg 7F5E761C-1C88-4D5F-B725-414869B368C5.jpeg

Still playing around with my mids but am set on all of them except Brodie. Struggling to decide who I want though coz no one stands out as a must have for me.

Doch and Dawson are safe for good games through the year. Will Day is there because I had some cash in the bank and thought to myself: Would I rather Yeo tank it up and get injured on the concrete Optus pitch, or get Day who will play the role every week and give me a guaranteed stepping-stone to another premium as an early jump if he isn't working. Jones is there for job security alone. Rookies will be solidified when round 1 teams are announced.

Laird and Oliver are the two most consistent scorers in the league. I'd rather have them now for captaincy options early than struggle to get them in later. Green overtakes Steele as the budget option, Steele will have his bad games to give us a chance to get him in.

Rucks locked in, best options and I can afford them. Madden as a loop unless McAndrew gets up, you never turn down cash gen but the ruck rooks are dryer than the Great Sandy.

Gulden and Sheezel in for Cogs and McClean. Gulden is easy enough to go down to a Fyfe, Bruhn, or other fast-rising mid-pricer if he isn't getting the scores by R3. If he is getting the scores then he is a must-have. Sheezel will actually play and looks like he can score at HHF. Phillipou is just a premium rook which means I can get any rookie in that gets a gig round 1.

Now that I've gone through it, I hate it all and will change everything.

1677992260455.png

Must be why he throws the ball instead of handpassing?
He's not exactly one out there. Libba would make a wonderful half back in rugby.

pinpoint-rugby.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always like a squad more when the cash left over is under $1000. It feels like a viable solution to a problem has been found.

My current mob have $300 in their coach's pocket.

So many PODS lol.

It's actually glorious.

There isn't a decent captain option to be found :moustache:

I always like a squad more when the cash left over is under $1000. It feels like a viable solution to a problem has been found.

My current mob have $300 in their coach's pocket.

So many PODS lol.

It's actually glorious.

There isn't a decent captain option to be found :moustache:

Yeah I agree not much use saving cash for a rainy day start with the best team possible.:thumbsu:
Although at the moment I have $10k left but also two $117k players on the bench who might not play so can upgrade them to a $124k player

Also if you want Pods my M4 & M5 are at 2% & 1% ownership

Yeah I agree not much use saving cash for a rainy day start with the best team possible.:thumbsu:
Although at the moment I have $10k left but also two $117k players on the bench who might not play so can upgrade them to a $124k player

My D3 and D4 are 0.6% and 0.9% ownership lol.

Can't wait till we crash and burn and take Div 1 down with us mate hahaha

That's probably cause they are $310k and $290k :moustache:

I reckon this week of pre season games was a nightmare, asked more questions than it answered. Don't think I've ever made so many changes based off a pre season week ever but with good reason and I still don't know what team I'll end up with.

Changes I've made:
  • Daicos out, seems like he'll be tag target most of the season and doesn't look like he's able to handle them particularly well just yet. Replace with Doch, who looked great. (Was also considering Ridley who looked to have his seagull role back from early 2021)
  • Bowes out as he didn't play, replaced with Jones who looked superb down back (albeit played on a literal witch hat in Combden)
  • Parish and Steele out, Parish was awful and Steele just didn't look right. Replaced with Laird who looks to be M1 this year and MacKenzie and Finn so I can fund the mess of the forward line.
  • Cogs out for Gulden, Cogs didn't look particularly awful but one of the big 4 forwards needed to make way for Gulden who you're pretty much forced to pick after that performance.
  • Bruhn in for Ratugolea who seems to be a top 2-3 mids at Geelong, getting bulk CBA and his role is great
  • McClean out for Flanders, now that we know McClean's role is s**t (how is he supposed to get CBA over the likes of Libba, Bont, Macrae, Smith and Treloar) and since he's not fieldable anymore he's not even worth picking at the price. There doesn't seem to be a fieldable rookie in the forward line so I'm pretty much forced to pay up for Flanders (who doesn't have the best role but shown he can still score well in his current role). Scheezel scored ok, but was moved to HB in the last quarter which definitely helped his scoring (don't think that sticks in the regular season, he's a predominant forward and will play there majority of the time)

View attachment 1621985
Our teams are very similar. You should be concerned haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back