Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to press enlarge so we can see it
Grande Medir GIF by Hidrogenesse

Here's where I'm at, a strong GnR side with 12 keepers

$240k in the bank should allow me to grab a mid-pricer or a couple more expensive cash cows

Still haven't watched any footy, and I doubt I'll watch much before round 1, so I'll be going in blind

Stewart and Macrae are open for changes, the rest are locked
1677797301922.png

$240k in the bank should allow me to grab a mid-pricer or a couple more expensive cash cows

Still haven't watched any footy, and I doubt I'll watch much before round 1, so I'll be going in blind

View attachment 1620068
Solid.

Get rid of Van Rooyen.

Phillipou to fwd line (Also opens up DPP with Davey)

Bring in Hopper/Worpel type to M5 with remaining cash.

Nice team, assume rookies are placeholders until round 1, but agree you need to think about having another premo mid. Do you think you're going to get better value out of Sicily vs say, Macrae?

I think we'll probably get another good D rookie you can probably even trust onfield with say a McVee or Wilmot, which should allow you to get an extra premo on field.

Having said that if you think the mid rookies are where the cash is at go for it. It's just hard to catch up to people who have 4-5 mids pumping out 110-120 each week.
Yep the rookies are largely place holders until rd1 teams are announced. That said, I've in the past left out good youngsters who weren't named rd 1 in favour of others named, only for them to debut rd 2/3 and be big cash cows. So some non-starters will be kept if I know they'll play early and are highly rated.

Good advice re extra premo-mids and same advice from Scythe94
I theorised that it doesn't matter where your premium players are on the ground, a premo is a premo. But the consensus is that swapping a defender for a mid is the better set up, so have done that.

View attachment 1620068

Hopper/Worpel/Sheed into your midfield for Sinn IMO.

Treacy anyone? Rookie priced and last weekend was playing with Jackson & Tabs in the side. Think he'll be their 3rd tall.
Nope.

Frederick and Walters to come back into the forward line.

Freo's forward line will be a combination of Taberner, Jackson, Fyfe, Frederick, Walters, Schulz, Switkowski and a few others rotating through there.

Treacy will be playing in the WAFL unless there is a run of injuries.

G’day and Happy New Season, ladies and kentlemen!😘🍻

Been lurking around here for a while, but haven’t been posting yet….

Anyways, have a gander at my team, version 200 odd!
12 keepers, too many expensive rookies for my liking and only $500 in the kitty.
Had to upgrade Hopper to get that 12th premo. Couldn’t see another way, unless I ditch Fyfe or Yeo.
Not sure on Mackenzie, screams trap to me. My fingers are still burnt from Ward last year.
It’ll do for now though.

AD88C1C0-83C3-4105-8001-25E995B0547B.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G’day and Happy New Season, ladies and kentlemen!😘🍻

Been lurking around here for a while, but haven’t been posting yet….

Anyways, have a gander at my team, version 200 odd!
12 keepers, too many expensive rookies for my liking and only $500 in the kitty.
Had to upgrade Hopper to get that 12th premo. Couldn’t see another way, unless I ditch Fyfe or Yeo.
Not sure on Mackenzie, screams trap to me. My fingers are still burnt from Ward last year.
It’ll do for now though.

View attachment 1620470
Love the Cumming pick

I like this team a lot. Wish i had the cajones to go in on de goey with you... sadly the faith has been betrayed on too many fronts
Yeah I've been burned on him 2 times in the past. He hasn't looked this good coming into the start of the season before though, could be a decent pod... Even if he comes out firing, a lot of people will still avoid him. Risky though.

Contemplating:
  • Bruhn > Allen/Sheezel/Ratugolea, De Goey > Green/LDU/Steele/B.Smith/ Tracs*/Andrew Brayshaw*
OR
  • De Goey > Newcombe**

**Need to free a little bit of cash 5-10k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back