Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry no time to read this thread, so not sure if I have doubled on much but:

Voss is his either too stubborn for his own good or is listening to others that are killing him.
Perfect example - he made all the moves he should have made at the start of the game after the 1st quarter break, ie. Curnow further up / McKay closer to goal, Weitering further up, etc. Game OVER by then.
We bring in Boyd and have Saad and Newman and still play our best midfielder (Kennedy) half back!!!!! FMD. BTW - what can we get for Saad and McGovern ???? Anything at all considering we spent 1st rounders on them both! Embarrassing trading.
If anyone plays Collingwood and they don't make Moore accountable - they have no idea. We tried, after the 1st quarter. Why after the 1st?
Speaking of forward - McGovern forward was such a great move. :rolleyes:

If Kemp, Dow and TdK don't play next week - that't it for me in 2023.
We waste charlie,when we play him up the ground. It's ridiculous. He is our best goal scorer and best mark inside 50.
Whyxnot bring in TDK to do the role we arexasking Charlie to do. He can mark and run. At least he could 'til he got Carltonised.
So agree re Kennedy!!! It's outrageous. And Crippa, if not injured should be allowed forward!
There is so much wrong!
Arggghhh.

Some notes:

We are slow
Our forward 50 entry is shocking
Our defensive pressure is weak (the whole team)
We are definitely a soft team

To all the people saying get rid of Voss, shame. It's been a rough month or so. We praised him last year. Football can turn. In saying that, we have such a talented list (apart from ****ing field kicking) that we should be producing results. Our game plan sucks

I watched the Voss presser. Look at least he seemed shitty. I guess. Not sure that leads to clear thinking.

He annoyingly said nourishment 3 times. Just a pet hate of mine.

More revealingly….he was asked about Moore. His answer floored me. Absolutley and worried the hell out of me. He said “you get after one and another May get you.” He basically said because we tagged Daicos Ed got out of shape. How exactly? Is it because Daicos pushed into midfield when he got tagged and Ed went with him? Why wouldn’t that mean another mid pushed forward in his place? And what does it even mean? That Ed would have played on Moore? What the actual **** is he talking about? How worrying. How very very worrying.

And if he keeps raging he best pull himself together. Because that will achieve **** all.

Just watched MV's presser. Sounded like: defence is our main problem, not offence... interesting.... Not sure what to make of that.
l think Vossy is missing a couple of key points, we give the ball back to the opposition way too frequently, does not give up defence time to set up, other point we just bomb into our front half, opposition teams are just picking us off so easily & our inability to score & hold the ball into our f50 is more a issue than what Voss is focusing on.

Our season is shot unfortunately.

The way cricketers break horrible form, the way NFL coaches break slumps it's all the same and it's what's missing from Voss presser.

Get back to fundamentals. Hit the basics really ****ing hard. It's such a common word in successful organisations and athletes. Seems to be beyond anyone I've heard talk at Carlton. Everything is second and third level shit execution is a result not a focus.

Focus on the ****ing basics. Please.

Some notes:

We are slow

To all the people saying get rid of Voss, shame. It's been a rough month or so. We praised him last year. Football can turn. In saying that, we have such a talented list (apart from ******* field kicking) that we should be producing results. Our game plan sucks
So our game plan sucks, our defensive pressure is weak, we are soft, we are not producing results befitting our list, but we should definitely keep Voss. Got it

not really sure what people think a not "pretty bad" presser would look like today? screaming? ranting? crying? bashing the desk? what would be a "pretty good" presser? fact is, there ain't one.......cue "oh he should have said this, then he should have said that" give me a spell, ffs........

What about something like this:

"Clearly what you saw today was unacceptable. First off, the problem is our game plan and that is on me. We shouldn't be blasting away to the same two overworked forwards every time. Only having 3 goal kickers while Moore took an all time record number of intercept marks is the final evidence we need - we have to make some changes. We only have a five day break before playing Sydney so to start with we will make some pretty minor tweaks but aim to just open things up a bit more, then as we head into the second half of the season you will see a much more attacking style that takes advantages of the natural strengths of our list.

The players are also struggling eith motivation and to execute skills and i think a lot of that sits with me too. We are going to invest in this and really focus on coming together mentally as a group. We are too fragile and need to pull together more when things get tough.

Oh, and i have realised i have being playing favourites with selection and choosing guys on position and not merit, and this is negatively affecting morale. Paddy Dow had 40 in the reserves today, and you'll see him play next week. Not sure who else stepped up but from now on everyone is on notice. We will certainly see where TDK is at because i think we need a second ruckman out there.

Finally, bloody great to see big H slotting goals with drop punts, even if he missed a couple. Pity Motlop went around the corner late... from now on we will all be kicking drop punts and the players will be doing double goal kicking practice. This week in particular - short week, so we will go light on running and just do some extra skills stuff. That'll include practice hitting targets on the boundary line and under pressure.

Thanks for your time..."

Some notes:

We are slow

To all the people saying get rid of Voss, shame. It's been a rough month or so. We praised him last year. Football can turn. In saying that, we have such a talented list (apart from ******* field kicking) that we should be producing results. Our game plan sucks
It has been longer than a month - its been the whole of this year and most of the last 8-10 games last year.

I don't want to sack the coach but it's been more than a bad month

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We waste charlie,when we play him up the ground. It's ridiculous. He is our best goal scorer and best mark inside 50.
Whyxnot bring in TDK to do the role we arexasking Charlie to do. He can mark and run. At least he could 'til he got Carltonised.
So agree re Kennedy!!! It's outrageous. And Crippa, if not injured should be allowed forward!
There is so much wrong!
Arggghhh.
The problem is we 'kick it to Charlie when he is deep' and not only is he towered biut also triple teamed. When he played further up the ground in the last 3 quarters, not only did we look better but he was as dangerous (kicked 3) and Harry was at his best. We need to play like a team and not worry about individual goals. Once we settle the 'kick it to Charlie' mentality, keep the opposition guessing and spread the love - we can rotate the options.
I agree though - TdK needs to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 2 of Cripps, Kennedy and Hewett should be in the side each week… too much of the same slow type…

Give Cincotta a run in the midfield, hard nut with pace and foot skills…
He's dropped both Kennedy and Hewitt to be the sib....maybe time to drop the 3rd one?

Would put a rocket through the club to make your captain the sub. See how they respond then

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The question is;

How does a team full of promise and ability, who have lost confidence, gain it again?

Of course winning would help.

But how to get them to believe & trust?
It takes a really strong onfield leader who inspires, who is continually communicating to his team on the ground, who whether he is playing as well as he would wish - is nevertheless obviously busting a gut and inspiring the team

Its time For Carlton to Cash in there Cripps.
Trade him to Freo.
We need Caleb Serong.

Watching live, I thought it was Sidebottom that ran around unopposed for 2 qtrs that set them game up for them.

Looked unopposed but hollands was on him…I’ve said it before hollands is a good kid, tries hard and has a future but he is never going to be able to compete with top 8 teams at the moment so not sure why we are playing him

Dow in for E. Curnow. Kennedy spends more time forward because he’s a strong mark and a decent set shot.

We aren’t winning a premiership this year so why not play someone with more upside who quite honestly has been our best performer and most consistent VFL player for over a year now.
This times 1000 but it's a certainty not to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back