Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

voss presser pretty bad

Actually I thought Voss was good. Clearly very very dirty and said everything just not good enough.

He didn’t single our players at a press conference (coaches shouldn’t ) but I was left with the impression today was weak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just watched MV's presser. Sounded like: defence is our main problem, not offence... interesting.... Not sure what to make of that.

Interesting. I felt he didn’t get enough of the ball to make an impact.
We were commenting on him in the first half, he just did what he pleased and I felt he started most of the fwd thrusts. I guess I could watch the game reply and reassess but it definitely seem that what at the ground. He ran hard and was clean with the footy (in the first half).

Jeez the press conference is grim listening.
Looks like the game plan will change only once Voss is sacked, good news is that’s only a couple weeks away. FMD can’t the prick just change it up instead of putting us thru this s**t again

If he goes do we have any guarantees Carlton will pick anyone better?

Playing group killing another coach aside I have no faith in the board choosing someone competent and giving them the time/support they need at this level.

They seem more intent on picking easy to kill scapegoats than anyone with any back bone.

I think if the media stopped hyping Carlton up year after year we'd be up shit creek without a paddle trying to get anyone decent putting their hand up.

Do you think players coaches and other footy department people are United?

I don't have any idea what's happening behind the scenes.

I do know that the team that is on the field this year hasn't got close to the same level of camraderie as what we had in the first half of last year.

Our team looks very fractured unit to unit and arguably player to player.

The back six have an insurmountable number of communication breakdowns with the midfield every single week. Even when we were winning this was present but we were doing enough to win (against poor competition).

There is absolutely no linking between the forwards and the other two units. Communication is incredibly poor. I note that the play where we had the best linking chain today features one forward passing it into the lead of the other forward.

It's more than just skill and it's more than just communication. They are not united. If the units aren't united on the field then the failings usually begin away from it so the only people who would know the answer to that are those involved in the everyday on and off field at the football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? I thought he was brutally honest, clearly unhappy with the result, remained positive and refused to single out players but rather the system.
not really sure what people think a not "pretty bad" presser would look like today? screaming? ranting? crying? bashing the desk? what would be a "pretty good" presser? fact is, there ain't one.......cue "oh he should have said this, then he should have said that" give me a spell, ffs........

Pathetic and embarassing, as usual we look unfit, we are running in mud and opposition players run past as if we are standing still. Basic skill errors and descision making!!! The players look mentally and physicaly tired and its only Round 10. Voss out coached again and all we did is kick it long to Moore and gave him a nice AFL record for most intercept marks ever in a game. I think as supporters we are used to the poor standards dished out over so many years by this club and we are immune to it, thats why we have another record membership year! The only positive to come out of today Harry kicked a few goals and got some confidence back!

Winning helps with confidence. Players are confident enough that they can't handle the heat so they need to break that belief before we go anywhere.

All the other clubs that were in the doldrums had to break their habits of losing before they went anywhere. Hitting targets consistently, kicking goals when it counts etc etc. A million different ways to build confidence that the side isn't doing at the moment. Hell we are a good case study on how to break yourself down mentally with all the little ways we make it needlessly hard for ourselves out there. A huge one for confidence would obviously be learning from your mistakes and overcoming what beat you before but looking at Moore's stats we got a lot of work to do there....

If the players aren't capable of that then you move them on. Hard for any confidence to build up when we work so hard as a team for no reward because we mess up all the easy parts of the game and then Mcgov shirks a contest and the Pies get an easy goal for free.
The question is;

How does a team full of promise and ability, who have lost confidence, gain it again?

Of course winning would help.

But how to get them to believe & trust?

The media are going to jump on the clip of Voss and Crippa on the bench
Having a chat about what he wants and Cripps getting on the same page? There was nothing in that at all. Cripps was nodding at the end.

What do you think they talk to coaches on the phone about? This was just down on boundary line due to Voss being down there.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go back to the gameplan of first ten rounds last year.
Cool GIF by ION

Sorry no time to read this thread, so not sure if I have doubled on much but:

Voss is either too stubborn for his own good or is listening to others that are killing him.
Perfect example - he made all the moves he should have made at the start of the game after the 1st quarter break, ie. Curnow further up / McKay closer to goal, Weitering further up, etc. Game OVER by then.
We bring in Boyd and have Saad and Newman and still play our best midfielder (Kennedy) half back!!!!! FMD.
BTW - what can we get for Saad and McGovern ???? Anything at all considering we spent 1st rounders on them both! Embarrassing trading.
If anyone plays Collingwood and they don't make Moore accountable - they have no idea. We tried, after the 1st quarter. Why after the 1st?
Speaking of forward - McGovern forward was such a great move. :rolleyes:

If Kemp, Dow and TdK don't play next week - that't it for me in 2023.

Last edited:
If he goes do we have any guarantees Carlton will pick anyone better?

Playing group killing another coach aside I have no faith in the board choosing someone competent and giving them the time/support they need at this level.

They seem more intent on picking easy to kill scapegoats than anyone with any back bone.

I think if the media stopped hyping Carlton up year after year we'd be up s**t creek without a paddle trying to get anyone decent putting their hand up.
No guarantee at all. I’d prefer not to sack him but the arrogant dickhead won’t change the game plan/style. Can’t be hard to find a coach who can figure out we need to move the ball quickly to the 2 big blokes who kick all our goals. A our defenders won’t get pantsed so often if we can retain and pressure the ball in our forward half & not just kick it to the opposition.
We were dead in the water in the first 5 min, won the clearance- 5 people touched the ball and it was still on the wing 🤦‍♂️

Why? I thought he was brutally honest, clearly unhappy with the result, remained positive and refused to single out players but rather the system.
He didn’t admit to any error in the game plan/style. That’s the problem! Won’t learn from the mistakes we keep making- it was we “need to defend better” 🤦‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back