Preview 2023 Rd 3 Carlton vs GWS Saturday April 1 4:35PM (ADST) @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgeous George is back :thumbsu:

IN: George Hewett

OUT: Matthew Kennedy (calf), Lochie O’Brien

Kennedy developed soreness in his calf during the week. He will not make the trip to Sydney and at this stage is a chance to return next week.

Backs:Mitch McGovernJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Sam DochertyLewis YoungAdam Saad
Centreline:Ed CurnowPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowZac Fisher
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Lachie CowanOllie HollandsJesse Motlop
Marc Pittonet
Emergencies:Paddy DowJosh HoneyLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman

Fish did some really good work with the ball on the ground last week when zipping around in general play, quick/clean hands feeding it out, creating opportunities & connection for teammates…
Wondering if the club starts Hewett as the sub this week, unchanged side and release him after halftime sometime, best sub in the comp…
Personally I’d have in in the starting lineup, probably won’t happen but just a thought…

What have we thought about Motlop's last few weeks? Personally I reckon him out (sub) for Hewett is the way to go. Keep JSOS in and sub him out for Mots if needed. Thought Fisher was decent against Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What have we thought about Motlop's last few weeks? Personally I reckon him out (sub) for Hewett is the way to go. Keep JSOS in and sub him out for Mots if needed. Thought Fisher was decent against Geelong.

Certainly a viable option, although his pressure and contests have been solid

I doubt they would drop motlop this early in season -- yes he hasn't hit the scoreboard but he has constantly looked dangerous - his role now has him up back plus hanging off stoppage - once the mids start using him more as outlet as our clearance work improves we will see the benefit of motlop ..

Mots running has improved a fair bit from last year, he’s now covering a lot more ground, his pressure has been really good and provided some important run and connection in transition for his teammates up the ground & in general play…
He stays, doing his job very well & the goals hopefully will start too come…

A no from me, but sillier things have happened.

Mots running has improved a fair bit from last year, he’s now covering a lot more ground, his pressure has been really good and provided some important run and connection in transition for his teammates up the ground & in general play…
He stays, doing his job very well & the goals hopefully will start too come…
Stays and will improve over the year. May need a rotation at some stage with quick back ups.
Levels are improving and has a way to go to optimise his talents, but a huge part of the future.
The sub may be our friend with this one.

Durds the lock. Mots next in line. Scope to shuffle the magnets thereafter for mine, although Owies seems a coaches favourite. Fisher plays higher, but in the mix which includes Martin, Cuningham, JSOS when exclusively forward, Ed Curnow and maybe Honey.

I like LOB’s pace off the bench. He has made a few big plays late in games already.

I’m glad I’m not selecting the side this week.

Yep think it makes much more sense to have LOB as sub to provide run in the last quarter.

I dont think a tall like JSOS would have as much impact in that particular role.

I thought Mots first half last week was very good and I wouldn't drop him.

He didn't light up the stat sheet but he was very strong over the footy in several contests for a small forward. Looked like a nuggety inside mid at times. Don't get stats for those but he broke even contests instead of letting the opposition win the footy.

Mike Myers No GIF

Motlop has genuinely improved over the off-season and looks our best bet for the thing our team most lacks - x-factor and danger at ground level up forward. I think he and Durdin need to play all the damn time as they develop, or until someone better comes along. I'd have Motlop up on the whiteboard pretty early in selection, to be honest.

I like LOB’s pace off the bench. He has made a few big plays late in games already.

I’m glad I’m not selecting the side this week.

...did anyone LOB's late run against Richmond. I reckon he shouldn't of taken that extra bounce ! :D:D:D:D

(I'll see myself out)

Stays and will improve over the year. May need a rotation at some stage with quick back ups.
Levels are improving and has a way to go to optimise his talents, but a huge part of the future.
The sub may be our friend with this one.

Durds the lock. Mots next in line. Scope to shuffle the magnets thereafter for mine, although Owies seems a coaches favourite. Fisher plays higher, but in the mix which includes Martin, Cuningham, JSOS when exclusively forward, Ed Curnow and maybe Honey.
Mots and Durds are definitely locks for everything they bring and the huge upside they both have within them as well, can’t wait for Cunners to get up and rolling again and hopefully Honey coming on as well…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back