Autopsy 2023 Rd 9 Blues tease but go down again

Who played well for the Blues vs the Dogs in Round 9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for interrupting but I think you have the cattle but if your top 6 don't perform it makes it hard. My other worry with carlton is your depth after the reserves were beaten by the u18s. Anything happens to those top 6 and I would be really worried. Anyway good luck for the rest of the year.

In your opinion.

Now run along!

We thought Jones was bad in that regard, Young is way worse.
100% Jones would balls up but it was normally trying to press to hard, I’d take that about now. He gave u 100% all the time and would work his ass off when he made a mistake- Young makes a mistake & then looks like he’s hoping the ground will swallow him up so he can hide.

You're very brave mixing with the filthiest of supporters. I don't envy you. I hope you and your son get rewarded. If we only have one more win this year, let this be it.
I want 3 more wins , next weeks , essendon and Collingwood again when we play them
End of year and we can lose the rest by 10 goals

It’s the responsibility on the coach as well as all club assistants to formulate a game style that works within your list strengths as well as aiming for future sustainable success finals/flags…

Within the basic gameplan and structures the coach wants to play, we also have the assistants/line coaches who have the responsibility of creating systematic methods that enhance the ability for creativity & flexibility, aiming to build a better connection between all lines…

So far, particularly this season there’s not many examples you could pick out where you could categorically say besides the centre ball work of last year, that our lines and overall connection have made good or significant improvements that would make you feel like they were showing promising signs and moving in the right direction…

Poor skills and decision making no doubt is half the problem, the other half is also on the above…
Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

A lot of onus have to go on the people hiring or recruiting you as well....

Turn up to a job interview without the necessary skill set to do the role is it really the hired persons fault....
Yeah but they had skills. Harry was a Coleman medalist, Cripps a Brownlow. The skills and effort they displayed last night was woeful. I just don't get it.

Yeah but they had skills. Harry was a Coleman medalist, Cripps a Brownlow. The skills and effort they displayed last night was woeful. I just don't get it.
As disappointed as I am, I was probably emphasising the recruitment via both draft & free agency etc.

We knew what we were getting when recruiting Marchbank, Martin, Williams, Acres etc and most draft selections have been a bust also.

Recruiting & drafting need to address our needs or holes in the list....

We tend to settle for near enough is good enough atm !!

It’s the responsibility on the coach as well as all club assistants to formulate a game style that works within your list strengths as well as aiming for future sustainable success finals/flags…

Within the basic gameplan and structures the coach wants to play, we also have the assistants/line coaches who have the responsibility of creating systematic methods that enhance the ability for creativity & flexibility, aiming to build a better connection between all lines…

So far, particularly this season there’s not many examples you could pick out where you could categorically say besides the centre ball work of last year, that our lines and overall connection have made good or significant improvements that would make you feel like they were showing promising signs and moving in the right direction…

Poor skills and decision making no doubt is half the problem, the other half is also on the above…

Voss and co are not absolved of responsibility for our current situation by any means.....but we are trying to break habits that are decades old for us too.

For better or worse we are stuck with Voss because the club from players to the board have shown zero ability to back coaches in during hard times. There have been many sides with less talent and worst coaches that have shown more grit than us. Senior players need to show the way for once because I've seen them suffocate enough coaches at this point.

Hell I'll never forget Tom Bell and Robinson saying "I feel bad for Simpson because he's always trying his best". That's the kind of crap we need to move past as a club. Players who butchered the ball and made it someones else problem giving their sympathy but no one going "lets meet his standard".

Bulldogs late burst that ended us all started with our captain no look hacking it into the corridor straight to the dogs. Under no pressure and surrounded by blues his first instinct is to simply make it someone elses problem....

I'll join the Voss is bad crowd when the big name players show themselves to be better than simple H&A heroes who turn to butter when it matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I keep harping on it but...

Why doesn't Voss tell Harry your only job is to practice goal kicking and keep your fitness up. Structure, all the other stuff can come later give it 2 - 3 weeks.
And by practice goal kicking we don't mean your bullshit snaps. Proper run in straight drop punts.

Even at the coin toss .. Cripps walking over to do it ,looked flat, no real passion to start the game which is rather concerning ..

He's either badly injured and needs to be rested or he needs a reset mentally....aka a role change and/or a good ****ing win.

I'm harsh on Cripps but nobody is going to be feeling up and about after been thoroughly beaten by your direct opponent in your last 4 games against decent opposition. Club needs to help him adjust his play style so it's less selfish because opposition teams are playing through him so easily. Plus the game itself has become more fluid and free running in general which isn't helping him either.

Carlton historically likes to just throw all their higher rated players in the side and hope it all works out regardless of team balance too.

He's either badly injured and needs to be rested or he needs a reset mentally....aka a role change and/or a good ******* win.

I'm harsh on Cripps but nobody is going to be feeling up and about after been thoroughly beaten by your direct opponent in your last 4 games against decent opposition. Club needs to help him adjust his play style so it's less selfish because opposition teams are playing through him so easily. Plus the game itself has become more fluid and free running in general which isn't helping him either.

Carlton historically likes to just throw all their higher rated players in the side and hope it all works out regardless of team balance too.

If he didn’t have his reputation and Hewett or Kennedy were producing Cripps output, he’d be dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 9 Blues tease but go down again

Back