Autopsy 2023 Rd 9 Blues tease but go down again

Who played well for the Blues vs the Dogs in Round 9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that both Voss and power think we did alot of things right in the first half is baffling. We were deplorable
Canoeing GIF

We are doing the same kicks to Durdin that we used to do with Betts and Garlett. Small forwards that somehow ended up having to 1v2 both of the opposition KPD's. Back then we attributed it to having no real KPF's bar Waite who was always injured. Now we have two coleman medallists and it's still an issue.
Our kick out issues are older than Voss too. Hell I remember us doing the same crappy kicks out of defence and slow transitions 10 years ago.

Different players, different coaches but still the same listless play style until we find our footing enough just to disappoint later on. I think it's just generic crap football than anything the coach is trying to make happen on purpose.
It’s the responsibility on the coach as well as all club assistants to formulate a game style that works within your list strengths as well as aiming for future sustainable success finals/flags…

Within the basic gameplan and structures the coach wants to play, we also have the assistants/line coaches who have the responsibility of creating systematic methods that enhance the ability for creativity & flexibility, aiming to build a better connection between all lines…

So far, particularly this season there’s not many examples you could pick out where you could categorically say besides the centre ball work of last year, that our lines and overall connection have made good or significant improvements that would make you feel like they were showing promising signs and moving in the right direction…

Poor skills and decision making no doubt is half the problem, the other half is also on the above…

One small thing I noticed when watching at the ground. I Didn't love some of Jsos’s body language to his teammates today, I saw him a couple of times rip into blokes. One was directed at Cincotta who didn't kick it to him just before a break. Who Cincotta choose to kick to was fine and the kick was good, just the player (maybe Harry) didn't mark it.
Cincotta is pretty new in the side and it probably doesn't help his confidence being ripped into by a club leader
SOS was the better option, he was completely by himself should have been hit up…

Im truly baffled how the opposition always has players running past, or an uncontested mark forward of play, yet we hold up play for ages, even when we have men free and let the opposition set up time and time again, then kick it down the line to a contest, until we lose possession only to see it come back for a score.

If that’s the game plan it’s 20 years ago and diabolical for modern footy.
👍

Sitting amongst a very disgruntled nest of Eagles supporters two weeks ago was absolutely delightful, 18 big ones is indeed a belting but my word where have they gone since. I turned the tv off 20 minutes into the first quarter, thank you and good night, the season isn't over but we're mighty close.

I watched some of the presser this morning. Vossy thinks the 1st half was good. We just didn't quite follow through at crucial moments.
How does he explain the complete change of game style where we started winning? He seems to say both styles are what he wanted, and not get how damaging playing the 1st half crap was.
We are in so much trouble.
Rudderless going upstream.
At least he didn’t let me down. Used the word nourishment again. 2003 Voss would be ashamed he’s fallen into such dribble speak.

When addressing the Fev rumour he said he has too much on his plate in season for a goal kicking coach.

This should be an easy fix and if true isn’t really Harry’s fault. If it’s a priority the club should take something off Harry’s plate so that he does have time for one.

shouldn’t be hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Harry has too much on his plate for a goal kicking coach, then remove some other crap from his plate so he does.

If SOS rips in to Cincotta for not kicking it to him when he’s open, fine all good but you better be in the right, if you tip Cincotta you better rip Cripps and Harry. It’s about time players started holding others to account. More of it Jack.

I wonder if the club is as worried about this group of players as us. If they were thinking of having a big off season in drafting and trading they should really play TDK each week to get his value up (if he is to be bait)

I wonder if the club is as worried about this group of players as us. If they were thinking of having a big off season in drafting and trading they should really play TDK each week to get his value up (if he is to be bait)
He's had concussion but wasnt doing enough before that. Plus I dont think it works like that at all. Plus TDK is going nowhere, Cook knows.

Then I hear Kade Chandler on the Sunday Footy Show say that he credits Demons Forward Coach (Greg Stafford) and skills coach (Choco Williams) for his improvement.

Specifically mentioned he works on his kicking skills with Choco prior to each training session.

I guess some like him are hungry & find time to work on their craft whilst others get comfortable and make excuses, especially after signing long term deals on huge money......

Choco Williams gets plenty of kudos from just about everyone at MFC for his skills & kicking training = improvements.

I mentioned it in another thread a few weeks back and got howled down for it, but I wouldn't mind offering Ed an early retirement so we can get a pick in the mid season draft. We'd likely get a top 10 pick, and there's some good young talent out there we can get into the system for the rest of the year.

Ed's been an absolute warrior for us over the years, but where it stands right now, we should be looking to the future.
Absolutely agree, great idea mate.

This should be an easy fix and if true isn’t really Harry’s fault. If it’s a priority the club should take something off Harry’s plate so that he does have time for one.

shouldn’t be hard.
Bit of both probably. Club should stop 'empowering' him and say oi enough do it properly with a real coach and he should say maybe enough podcasts and 'days off' till I get this right.

It's not hard. You're right.

Coach killers ...

most of the commentary on here during and post game doesn't even get the simple school level understanding - bad kicking is bad football.

Sorry for interrupting but I think you have the cattle but if your top 6 don't perform it makes it hard. My other worry with carlton is your depth after the reserves were beaten by the u18s. Anything happens to those top 6 and I would be really worried. Anyway good luck for the rest of the year.
Actually our top six from the reserves were given a rest and did not play this weekend. Our depth is not nearly as bad as you think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 9 Blues tease but go down again

Back