Autopsy 2023 Round 1 DRAW. Ugly Blues still can't close out games

Who played well for the Blues in Round 1 vs the Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And other than Harry not another Carlton player within cooey?
Two of those (Richmond) blokes were ahead of Harry when he took off from centre wing. He started running from the wing, diagonally at about the same time as LOB received the ball. He ran unbelievably hard and fast to be in that position in the first place.

That's about a 100m sprint. At the end of 120min of football.
Was seriously impressive to see live from a high vantage point.

Everyone giving him a blast for slipping on the wet grass needs their head read. He slipped. Shit happens. At least he got there.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon you're being generous to Zac.

He got his 2 ranking in the first quarter and then basically got a solid 0 for the rest of the game.

A game isn't defined by one moment. Having said that, very poor from us. After what happened to us in the last game we played (Collingwood), I was expecting us to come out breathing fire. At the very least we should have been well drilled at closing out a game after the ending to last season.

Lachie should not have burst past calling for the handball. He also should have pivoted half way and found a short target, or kicked it to Harry earlier.

I know this is for hardcore supporters so I won't get any love as most of us are here to support and promote Carlton. I accept anyone's opinion that disagrees with me as valid.

Two of those (Richmond) blokes were ahead of Harry when he took off from centre wing. He started running from the wing, diagonally at about the same time as LOB received the ball. He ran unbelievably hard and fast to be in that position in the first place.

That's about a 100m sprint. At the end of 120min of football.
Was seriously impressive to see live from a high vantage point.

Everyone giving him a blast for slipping on the wet grass needs their head read. He slipped. s**t happens. At least he got there.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Couldn't agree more. LOB took two bounces then didn't properly look up, so took a third, ball didn't bounce, rest is history

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Honestly, I don’t think we’ve talked about LOB to Harry enough… I think there’s more there.

John Lewis Lol GIF by Waitrose & Partners

I've posted this before.... it's the only way I can watch footy... the constant yelling of commentators does my head in...

BT etc...

View attachment 1632171
Miss the days when Foxtel gave you the option to mute the commentators while still hearing the crowd noise. Think I will ring them up tomorrow and inquire why they removed it I'll do my best to get it reinstalled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOS not being there for his son after the game, wow. He is the link, to his own father, and on to his son. I don't care what politics or tension (family or otherwise) might be going on, as a father you suck it up and celebrate him and the heritage. That's sad.

Odd because the people who he felt most wronged him have left the club. Some people just like to hold a grudge I guess. Hopefully TDK doesn't request a trade to the Saints. Can you imagine what SOS would be like at the negotiating table with us lol.

SOS not being there for his son after the game, wow. He is the link, to his own father, and on to his son. I don't care what politics or tension (family or otherwise) might be going on, as a father you suck it up and celebrate him and the heritage. That's sad.

In stark contrast to Peter Daicos in the rooms after his sons game tonight.

Is a BT-ectomy possible?

He’s just insulting these days. If any AFL fans is learning anything from his ”insight” they should hang their head in shame. He’s a circus clown. A buffoon.

I think it was poor of Jsos’s dad as well, he kind of stole the moment a little too. Obviously not turning up was going to make people talk, & it did. Shame to have a legend of the club clearly agitated still

Odd because the people who he felt most wronged him have left the club. Some people just like to hold a grudge I guess. Hopefully TDK doesn't request a trade to the Saints. Can you imagine what SOS would be like at the negotiating table with us lol.
Sayers pulled the trigger though.

I think it was poor of Jsos’s dad as well, he kind of stole the moment a little too. Obviously not turning up was going to make people talk, & it did. Shame to have a legend of the club clearly agitated still
Completely agree with this. I'm sure SOS has his reasons for not heading into the rooms, but his choice has meant the focus has now shifted from Jack to SOS.

Thought he'd be able to push past what happened considering the significance of last night to the club and the Silvagni family, but clearly not.

Yeah he’s been very poor to Jack at the club.
I’m over him. A big sook as far as I’m concerned.

Very happy with Saad playing on most of the time but I think he's gotta go at full sprint immediately, especially if he has any awareness of who is behind him.

I think someone suggested in an earlier comment that he looks to have lost a bit of pace - he's still quicker than most and although it's only round 1 I agree and reckon that was the case last year too. That said, it's also possible he's tempering his speed because our spread is often so poor that players are rarely in a decent position to receive a Saad kick (and he ain't in the team to dish off handballs to slower, poorer kicking teammates)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Round 1 DRAW. Ugly Blues still can't close out games

Back