Autopsy 2023 Round 14 We needed this! Blues break the drought with big win over Suns

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 14 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We need more love for Brodie Kemp, the wild Echuca Boy !!!

images

He is kind of a big deal !!!

I was only a little ankle biter in the mid 90s but correct me if I’m wrong he has a bit of the Peter Deans about him Brodie Kemp, straight liners!

I'm just really relieved that Kemp has been given the opportunity and is showing his talents at AFL Level. For a while there I was concerned he was going to stay in the VFL and then request a trade. I think we can all see the talent.

I firmly believe the club took the (wise) approach of being ultra conservative with BK and his injury history, especially in his first two years at AFL level.

It was all about body management, not rating his prodigious talent (which Kemp clearly has)

I didn't tip us. Extremely happy to lose the tip

Good to see:
  • kicking straight for goal
  • playing well in the mid
  • cheer squad cheering Levi's goal (still love him and he didn't want to go)
  • Cuners back and contributing
  • Harry getting 3
  • Cripps getting 3
  • nice games by Kemp and Cerra
  • the second quarter

I've been saying this for a while 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
I've been saying that he's an offensive high half forward. His engine lets him race up and down the wing and absolutely destroy whoever tries to go with him. Although, I suspect that Christian is going ping him for that tackle in the last when Ben Long ducked into him and Cotts had him in a headlock and then dumped him into the deck head first, still in the headlock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:whitecheck: Cripps, McKay and Weitering hitting form, Charlie, Owies and Cerra maintaining it
:whitecheck: Boyd, Cincotta, Kemp consistently giving Saad some relief in terms of rebound pressure on the opposition
:whitecheck: Cottrell, Cuningham, Fogarty playing the mid/fwd rotation our 22 desperately needs
:whitecheck: Centre clearance conversion to goals was off the charts

:minus: TDK getting value as a forward, but still bundling so many marking opportunities in all three areas of the ground
:minus: Forward press and linking by hand was nice to see, but still caves too easily to pressure, still too much hesitation for both passer and receiver to opt for a handball into space that lets opponents zone off and intercept/disrupt, kicking similar

:crossmark: 70% of the game was at the same level of pressure as the WCE match; we're only beating bottom of the ladder teams right now
:crossmark: Cottrell still bundling high-tempo disposal execution
:crossmark: Fogarty scared to take scoring opporunities by accelerating and making the kick; stops, props, handballs too much
:crossmark: Martin even more unfit than Cuningham right now; rushed back again, will almost definitely get injured again
:crossmark: Pittonet is a witch's hat
:crossmark: Walsh & Docherty still biting off more than they can chew in terms of demanding the ball, low percentage runs to dispose/shoot while in or seeking possession
:crossmark: We destroy our instinct to create a chain of possession because we refuse to back our team mates to maintain possession, creates hesitation from them to dispose quickly, which leads to panicked disposal/handling errors, which reinforces the bad habits; incredibly fixable

Forward handballs, 45 kicks and cutting through the middle…who would of thought

Cunners and Martin change how we play, it’s just more dynamic.

Cerra kicking goals from midfield….Cripps ditto

Walsh looking like Walsh…Wieters had a re-boot. Kemp growing, Cinc and Boyd finding their grove. TKD living up the hype

Bottom six players contributing!!!!!

Too much positivity here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Round 14 We needed this! Blues break the drought with big win over Suns

Back