Autopsy 2023 Round 14 We needed this! Blues break the drought with big win over Suns

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 14 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Martin may still have a future at our club if his body holds up
Wasn't a big stat gatherer today, but he was very damaging and influential when he got it.

Brodie Kemp has arrived. Definitely a best/starting 18/22 and we better re-sign him.

Best game i have seen a while from Cripps.
He led like a true captain should. Very encouraging performance

Last edited:

Needed that.
Played differently - more run and carry, shorter kicking and quicker.
Players played a more unselfish brand and bought others into the game.
Martin a big difference forward and Cunningham motors thru the middle. Need them both to stay fit.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
cunners played the game out 😍
That's what I liked... and he was good today :) Added that much needed bit of speed around the ground.

Also good to see that he hasn't lost any pace after his ACL.

Sounds like I missed one of our best games for the season. Great to see another >100 score.

I’m guessing cunners and fog were good inclusions and the forwards in general had a great day out.

Wings and half forward had way more run and creativity than we've had most of the year. Really enables us to take the game on differently and play the way Vossy wants them to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cunners show why he is so important to this team. His side step out of the contest was sublime. Loved Kemp's game - offer him 3 - 4 years. Not a VFL player.

Loved the mids, they hunted Rowell and Anderson all game. Docherty on the wing was inspired as well
That sidestep from Dow in the last to take him just out of reach of the Suns player, and then kicking it forward with intent.

Wings and half forward had way more run and creativity than we've had most of the year. Really enables us to take the game on differently and play the way Vossy wants them to

Our half backs also took the game on. Which helps.

We just looked quicker all round. And we didn’t let them traipse the ball out of the forward line.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kemp took 9 marks, most if not all intercept. Was just fantastic all game. Yes he’ll often be undersized, but he reads the ball so well off the boot. I’d rather his skills and awareness than Young’s height.

Best game by TDK all year - maybe all time. Can we keep him?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hope we keep Tom and Kemp into the midfield next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nice to be back in the winners circle

You don't need to sack the president, coach/assistants, have 15 list changes, etc, to get a change of mindset

While scoring from centre bounces isn't sustainable, nice to strip it back to basics and play to our strengths, especially against a noted contested team

Cerra was huge, especially early, where he kept us in the game.

Cripps finished well, but he too looked to dish rather than taking players on

Kennedy got better as the game went on, vital to our setups

Walsh much better, just a little selfish late

Kemp, exactly what I want to see, ensure your man doesn't get the pill before looking at an intercept. Rather he has 10 spoils than 10 marks

The whole backline played well, even in the first qtr

Fog played his role, Martin dangerous, Cuners drifted, but the class is still there, just need to keep him in the game

Dow, thought he was very good when he came on. Looked to provide an option/release for teammates, paused to look for the best option when disposing

Pitto adjusted well and TDK was relentless but some maturity finally kicking in, rather than trying to take mark of the year

As a whole, this was a clear change of player intent, hunted in numbers, and largely selfless in providing team acts

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Round 14 We needed this! Blues break the drought with big win over Suns

Back