Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsEd Curnow
Half-forwards:Sam WalshHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettAdam Cerra
Interchange:Alex CincottaOllie HollandsJosh Honey
Brodie Kemp
Emergencies:Lachie CowanZac FisherLachie Fogarty
Matthew Kennedy

Would be interesting to see what accuracy Harry can kick at during training on that left side.

Then is it just a case of inability to transfer to a game or can he never do it well, even under no pressure.

If he can’t do it well under no pressure then he needs a total overhaul.

Cottrell is becoming more and more like Craig Bradley with every passing week that he's out!

I love him but he's nowhere near good enough to walk back into the team with no build up / form.

For context - Hollands has already equalled his career best disposals in a game at 22.

Binns has to be next in line.
👏:thumbsu:

Brisbane in Brisbane is a really hard ask. Brisbane at Marvel with a few stars out, any side that rates themselves is thinking they are more likely to win this than not. That should be us, we should be coming out thinking that it's going to be a big challenge but if we play well we win this.

Team last week, we played a nobody and we thrashed them by a huge margin so can't really take a great deal away from it apart from that there was nothing more we could do to impress and we did what a good side should do in that situation.

While I thought we should have gone harder with team changes last week, you need to reward players who have played well.

Our reserves lost a close game. Looks like we had some guys play fairly well though by the stats. Dow, Binns, Boyd, Cottrell and O'Brien getting plenty of it without getting huge stats. Carroll held over as an emergency after a big game by the look of things.

Senior side had some massive numbers, some new additions playing well.

B: Young Weitering Newman
HB: Cincotta McGovern Saad
C: Acres Cripps Hollands
HF: Fisher McKay Durdin
F: Motlop Curnow Silvagni
OB: Pittonet Cerra Walsh
IC: Kemp Hewett Docharty Curnow
SUB: Kennedy

This is probably the likely team IMO. But I think that Hollands could be rested for Binns. IMO Binns is more the run all day super high footy IQ type. Hollands is the athlete. So they are different but both give a lot.

Kemp holds his place and Cowan comes back via the VFL. I like Cowan but feel he needs to learn his game and become a more prolific defender. Cincotta holds his spot as well, tought and skilled player, fantastic athlete. IMO he will get better and better.

Boyd is a player I want in but where does he fit?

Curnow I feel we can upgrade on here. If Owies is fit enough he could come in for Ed. But Cottrell, he played well in the VFL and I can't help but feel he replaces him. Perhaps Catterall becomes that hard running high half forward.

Fisher is another I'm not fond of and a lot here aren't either. He's not finishing and he doesn't tackle. Again. There are two spots for forwards in this team. So that means Cottrell and Owies are real chances.

I think we got a better mix in the midfield with slow and quick players and also added a lot of speed up forward.

Could easily see the following team this well.

C: Acres Cripps Binns
HF: Owies McKay Durdin
IC: Kemp Hewett Docharty Cottrell

Either way it's solid, I like that forward line better.

I think that side has more natural forwards in the forward line, has better pressure there as well. Cottrell and Motlop coming into the forward line. Binns brings smarts to the wing but maintains run, IMO he will not disappoint. Cripps and Hewett the big slower mids. Docharty, Walsh, Cerra the run. Backline has plenty of quality and pace, like it. Kennedy is slow but he comes on at the end of the game, he's fresh, he's not that slow compared to the rest of the field. Hollands perhaps needs a rest and we can allow for that.

Harry doesn’t have a routine to fix. Needs to spend the next month figuring it all out. Should be his only focus.

The rest of his game has been elite and he should be proud of the way he has transformed into that traditional CHF in such a short space of time, when his biggest knock 12 months ago was how one dimensional he was. Sticky hands in clutch moments.

Red hot form is over stating it.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rd 1 (Cats) - 21d, 18k & 3hb.
RD 2 (GWS) - 22d, 17 & 5 (10marks, 5 tackles)
Rd 3 (North) - 31d, 20 & 11 (9 marks, 4 tackles)
Rd 4 (Tigers) - 30d, 21 & 9 (11 marks, 2 tackles)
Rd 5 (Zebras) - 29d, 25 & 4 (10 marks)
Rd 6 (doggies) - 28d, 18 & 10 (6 marks, 4 tackles)

Solid, consistent numbers.

A few snags in there too.

Red hot? Not far off....

IMO with Harry, it’s above the shoulders. He has lost all confidence in his drop punt, yet it isn’t as bad as made out.
He has a natural left to right swing. I’d be encourage him to practise from the left side allowing for the swing. Once he gets comfortable and confident in his own mind from the left, utilising the natural swing, he’ll be fine. Needs the coaches to set the tone and encourage. Left side drop punt, right side banana but only from a reasonable distance. Just coach him ffs.

If you want to correct Harry's shot on goal, start by studying the best shot for goal ever...
You watch Tony Lockett and see how he approaches the goal. Hunched over minimising his ball drop.
I could fix harry in a day. Yes he would sacrifice distance but would be more accurate.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

All in Harry’s head, he was an exquisite kick early days, beautiful ball drop and action was kicking them from everywhere…
FFS get him a professional kicking coach, Big Sav it’s the CFC we need your expertise… 📱
Harry is an exceptional field kick, he has the skill.. it’s all in his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to correct Harry's shot on goal, start by studying the best shot for goal ever...
You watch Tony Lockett and see how he approaches the goal. Hunched over minimising his ball drop.
I could fix harry in a day. Yes he would sacrifice distance but would be more accurate.

Locketts shape and size is irrelevant to Harry and what technique he should use, prob a better example would be someone like Paul Salmon who wasn’t perfect but had a goal kicking accuracy of 65%

First game where I thought you could actually notice Honeys pace, where he put some pressure on at times, that being said I think he for Motlop is the go. Keep Kennedy as the sub. Cripps and Dunkley to go head to head and if we can negate him at the source we're a real chance. Newman or Saad on Charlie and for the love of god dont let him get out the back cherry picking and then celebrating like hes done all the h
Brisbane in Brisbane is a really hard ask. Brisbane at Marvel with a few stars out, any side that rates themselves is thinking they are more likely to win this than not. That should be us, we should be coming out thinking that it's going to be a big challenge but if we play well we win this.

Team last week, we played a nobody and we thrashed them by a huge margin so can't really take a great deal away from it apart from that there was nothing more we could do to impress and we did what a good side should do in that situation.

While I thought we should have gone harder with team changes last week, you need to reward players who have played well.

Our reserves lost a close game. Looks like we had some guys play fairly well though by the stats. Dow, Binns, Boyd, Cottrell and O'Brien getting plenty of it without getting huge stats. Carroll held over as an emergency after a big game by the look of things.

Senior side had some massive numbers, some new additions playing well.

C: Acres Cripps Hollands
HF: Fisher McKay Durdin
IC: Kemp Hewett Docharty Curnow

This is probably the likely team IMO. But I think that Hollands could be rested for Binns. IMO Binns is more the run all day super high footy IQ type. Hollands is the athlete. So they are different but both give a lot.

Kemp holds his place and Cowan comes back via the VFL. I like Cowan but feel he needs to learn his game and become a more prolific defender. Cincotta holds his spot as well, tought and skilled player, fantastic athlete. IMO he will get better and better.

Boyd is a player I want in but where does he fit?

Curnow I feel we can upgrade on here. If Owies is fit enough he could come in for Ed. But Cottrell, he played well in the VFL and I can't help but feel he replaces him. Perhaps Catterall becomes that hard running high half forward.

Fisher is another I'm not fond of and a lot here aren't either. He's not finishing and he doesn't tackle. Again. There are two spots for forwards in this team. So that means Cottrell and Owies are real chances.

I think we got a better mix in the midfield with slow and quick players and also added a lot of speed up forward.

Could easily see the following team this well.

C: Acres Cripps Binns
HF: Owies McKay Durdin
IC: Kemp Hewett Docharty Cottrell

Either way it's solid, I like that forward line better.

I think that side has more natural forwards in the forward line, has better pressure there as well. Cottrell and Motlop coming into the forward line. Binns brings smarts to the wing but maintains run, IMO he will not disappoint. Cripps and Hewett the big slower mids. Docharty, Walsh, Cerra the run. Backline has plenty of quality and pace, like it. Kennedy is slow but he comes on at the end of the game, he's fresh, he's not that slow compared to the rest of the field. Hollands perhaps needs a rest and we can allow for that.
Yep I’d move Fisher out and play Motlop as the opposing HHF to Durdin.

Owies to the pocket if ready. If not keep Honey in.

Its about the ball drop... The further distance between hand and foot increases the likeliness of ball moving. Shorten the ball drop by leaning over. It works.

Rod Ashman had really long arms and used to virtually place the ball onto his boot with very little drop.
He kicked a lot of goals for Carlton and nearly won the Brownlow …

Out
Hollands - Managed
Honey - Ommited
Ed - Becomes Sub

In
Binns, deserves his chance
Motlop - form hasnt been great but offers more than Honey
Kennedy - swaps with Ed, although I dont mind playing Bam Bam as sub because he offers flexibility in every position.

I am a little concerned Pittonet rucking all day against McIrney with no real back up or alternative, for this reason it may be worth consideration to play TDK as the tactical sub who could be put into the game in the 2nd half which could give us an advantage. Just becomes risky if we get an early injury and have to activate TDK prior to being ready, but IMO we have enough versatility in our list to be able to counter.

If Ed plays I think it’s a full game, if he doesn’t play he is replaced by someone like Cottrell or Binns.

Not a fan of TDK as a sub

Cottrell is becoming more and more like Craig Bradley with every passing week that he's out!

I love him but he's nowhere near good enough to walk back into the team with no build up / form.

For context - Hollands has already equalled his career best disposals in a game at 22.

Binns has to be next in line.

I tend to agree, Cottrell needs form before he plays, I think when in form 20 touches, a goal and a solid competitor who run all day will be handy on the HFF/wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back