Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been accused of being unrealistic on here.
Hayward, LDU and Lukosius just seems very unrealistic to me.

Happy to be proven wrong.
Just sticking my oar in, I would see this as a more likely scenario (still not too likely though). If we finish bottom 7 which is unlikely now that we have decided to play quality younger players in the midfield, then we hold that pick to go after say Draper in the draft. Hayward as a FA, then we trade our F1 + Melbourne 2nd this year for Lukosius. What we would need to do is then try and trade out a few players to get the draft capital for points for Welsh and perhaps Michalanney.

On the block to get whatever points we could would / should be:

Himmelberg (OOC)
McHenry (OOC)
Gollant
Sholl

And if we grabbed a few 3rd rounders and a few fourths, that might work with the remaining draft picks we have to cover off on a late 1st round bid for Welsh

I Mentioned this a few weeks ago...

Dimma would be an 'interesting' coach and no doubt may put a few of the old Dew faithful offside.

Luko was looking really good as a forward, very hard match up, yet bizarrely gets moved out of there yet they still played Casboult there for weeks :drunk:

Have to be a real chance as the season progresses, lets hope he requests a trade. Gets back to playing with Izak too :D
I can imagine he thought Dimma coming in might finally deliver some light to that club, but it’s looking a lot more of the same for the medium term at least and he appears to be out of favour with the new coaches.

I know he enjoys the GC lifestyle, but surely it would get draining playing in front of no one in a team that never really contends for even finals?

I agree I can't see us getting all of the targets we are being linked to. Port are going to be going hard for any FA who is open to come back to SA. They will be right into Hayward and Perryman. LDU would be chased by quite a few Vic teams if he is open to move.

I agree I can't see us getting all of the targets we are being linked to. Port are going to be going hard for any FA who is open to come back to SA. They will be right into Hayward and Perryman. LDU would be chased by quite a few Vic teams if he is open to move.

Well the only trade capital our little brother has is next years first rounder.

Unless they think some of their spuds have value 🤣🤣🤣

Certainly - but the club have said they will be aggressive and you wont know till you ask

Lukosius isn't exactly proven either as a forward. He's no more proven than Fogarty.
And Thilthorpe I would back more than Jack to become a gun KPF.

He'd cost at least a first and a second.
Obviously, very few here have watched GC games ......Lukosius is atrocious, IIRC in the top 4 for the worst kicks in the AFL

GC have tried him everywhere, to no avail ....as a FWD, he has no fwd craft, no tricks ....he's very easy to defend, and he has to be fed

As a DEF, he just makes poor decisions with ball in hand & can't defend

If you have a dislike for the way Sholl plays .....why would you want a taller clone .....I'm perplexed at the interest of ADEL supporters in him.

Then again, everyone also went apes**t in excitement over the Menzel trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously, very few here have watched GC games ......Lukosius is atrocious, IIRC in the top 4 for the worst kicks in the AFL

GC have tried him everywhere, to no avail ....as a FWD, he has no fwd craft, no tricks ....he's very easy to defend, and he has to be fed

As a DEF, he just makes poor decisions with ball in hand & can't defend

If you have a dislike for the way Sholl plays .....why would you want a taller clone .....I'm perplexed at the interest of ADEL supporters in him.

Then again, everyone also went apes**t in excitement over the Menzel trade
Wasn't the thread title something like "Troy Menzel-stolen-by-the-crows". Funny now.

Luko imho has been disappointing. He was an excellent forward and kick prior his AFL draft.

Wasn't the thread title something like "Troy Menzel-stolen-by-the-crows". Funny now.

Luko imho has been disappointing. He was an excellent forward and kick prior his AFL draft.
I'll admit I was SO pumped to get Menzel :straining:
I still think it was more the mental side that let him down though.

Someone mentioned ( Mostyn ? ) a scenario where we get our midfielder as FA - Hayward , we look at LDU or Perryman with this years 1st and use next years 1st for Luko

If you have Hayward then the cost - future 1st - is balanced out imo

I do agree in isolation Luko is behind the need for midfielders
I've actually really struggled to see why Sydney haven't used Hayward as a mid at all.
Then again they basically buried Heeney there for half his career as well, and have only moved him there now because of injuries.

I always thought Hayward could be a decent wing/mid.

Cumulative. Lots of chatter linking us to him for 6 months now.
Jimmy Rowe accidentally spilling the beans last year.
Us being aggressive with free agency.
Hayward not signing.
SA boy. Crows family.
Was it Jimmy or his dad that mentioned it? Always thought it was the latter but could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back