List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

ML is it too wild a theory to imagine one of Payne or Dizz swinging forward? Both are clearly great defenders but probably can’t be both fit in after Doedee is fit

This is based on nothing me spitballing ideas
Cant really see Dizzy up forward but think Paynie is capable. Doedee not over the line yet but it will be interesting how he fits in if he does join us.

Can some please tell me who Coffield is .

191 cm footballer. Good dash. Great kick. More of an outside footballer than inside so not sure the comparisons with Dev are accurate. Don't think he's adverse to contested ball, but wouldn't be playing him as an inside mid despite his size.

Looked good in the VFL when he returned at the end of this year. Would think the Saints are keen to keep him as when fit he could be a weapon, especially after the few years of physical development while injured.

191 cm footballer. Good dash. Great kick. More of an outside footballer than inside so not sure the comparisons with Dev are accurate. Don't think he's adverse to contested ball, but wouldn't be playing him as an inside mid despite his size.

Looked good in the VFL when he returned at the end of this year. Would think the Saints are keen to keep him as when fit he could be a weapon, especially after the few years of physical development while injured.
What was his injury and how old is he ?

Thank you .

Re the Oliver talk ... who's place in our current line up would he take (ie who is currently doing the role he has been filling at the Demons)

Since Dev is likely gone, direct swap. Once WAshcroft is back, probably Berry, Fletcher or Ah Chee with Cluggs shifting out to wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the young man is confused. Easy decision. Why go to a wooden spoon team with no future.

He has cemented his spot in our 22. Sign on, then if things go to shit and he doesn't have a spot in our team, then leave.

West Coast will always be there for him. If he stays here for 3 years then he can move to West Coast where they may actually be rising up the ladder.

Suspect he was hoping to win a flag then bounce.
Think it was more the reverse - couldn't get a spot in a decent team, so might as well at least play some games in a bad team and get paid more for it in another. Now he's getting games in a good team and can see a premiership potentially coming.

Will I stay or will I go ... hopefully he was never mates with Dayne Beams!

West Coast is a guarantee - I will play all games, I will get x money (more), I will play in my preferred position, almost guaranteed no flag, will have to make new mates

Lions is a risk - Will I play all games, I will get x money (less), I may play in my preferred position, I might be part of a flag.

We shall see what the young man is made of!

Sorry to intrude, do you see Dev being best 22 when Ashcroft is back and the brother enters the fray?

He needs to improve his composure and ball use dramatically, so if he does that sure.

Realistically you are asking about Dev at 24. So if those things haven’t improved by then, it’ll be a bit of a bust anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back