List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Best of luck with Tom Doedee. You'll love him! Hard and skilful and a good bloke. Clever footballer. Was genuinely quick before his knee so hopefully he'll get that back.

And if anyone's wondering it's Doo-day...

Best of luck with Tom Doedee. You'll love him! Hard and skilful and a good bloke. Clever footballer. Was genuinely quick before his knee so hopefully he'll get that back.

And if anyone's wondering it's Doo-day...

Finally we get a chance for some payback after you shafted us with the Ben Keays trade.

I will be absolutely devastated if My Boy Dev leaves.

He is my favourite player. Really hoping he stays a Lion.

Nervously waiting for an announcement. Daly said should know in a day or two. But I find that hard to believe. If he does have some interest in WCE you’d think he’d fly over there and spend a few days touring the facilities and meeting some of the staff and players.

I will be absolutely devastated if My Boy Dev leaves.

He is my favourite player. Really hoping he stays a Lion.

Nervously waiting for an announcement. Daly said should know in a day or two. But I find that hard to believe. If he does have some interest in WCE you’d think he’d fly over there and spend a few days touring the facilities and meeting some of the staff and players.
Lions B & F tonight.
So, if he is leaving or still considering leaving it would be better if he left it till after the B & F.

Interesting. I think for his sake getting out of the fishbowl would be good for him. The dees by getting rid of him and Grundy have a decent salary dump and from what the dees showed this year they can win games without him. Use that cap space on a decent forward looking to move and they’re back in it.

To win another flag though they need Oliver. 2021 doesn't happen without him

What are the behaviours that a club like Melbourne in the premiership hunt would even consider trading Oliver after signing a seven year contract only recently?

Historicaly clubs have tolerated behaviours that society would put them behind bars for a long time. We know rapists have been held on a list because they have some goal scoring ability. Burglars and criminals, even pedophiles have been untouchables at clubs.

Oliver is to Melbourne as Black was to the Lions during the golden era. Think abou it. What sort of behaviours would we have considered trading Black?

Rumor (Unverified) emanating from Melbourne that Oliver has just about fractured their culture. Culture killer.

Yeah lets trade an integral culture player like Rayner for Oliver. Yeah well he was a Lions supporter. Yeap that's a good reason. Are you serious?

Would not touch with a shyte smeared rag.

Agreed. Won't say what I really feel about trading out Rayner suffice to say I vehemently disagree

Does anyone rate Joyce .
I thought he started off well early this season.
Added a bit of agility and pace , maybe his foot skills needed to be worked on.
Or was it his one on one defending.
Still thought he held his own.
Ps. haven't heard much of him though while playing reserves.
I like him, well worth persisting with. I thought he went pretty well early too. Great depth, if he can eliminate the free kicks he gives away he'll have the teams confidence and earn more games in the firsts.

Doedee + ACL and possibly a midseason return to AFL/VFL + wants to leave i don't see the Crows matching our offer.

The Lions don't have much trade currency (presently 27, 46, 56, 62) and i think we keep pick 27.
Assuming Adelaide don't match our offer, the Crows may just take whatever the "Herbs & Spices" AFL compensation is.

Link to 2022 free agency compensation to refresh people's memories.
Just a couple of trades below from 2022.

2. Collingwood gets Bobby Hill and Pick 40. GWS gets Pick 43 and the Magpies’ future second-round pick.
5. Carlton gets Blake Acres. Fremantle receives a future third-round pick.
7. The Western Bulldogs sign Liam Jones. Carlton receives a third-round pick (as of the trade, Pick 49) as compensation.
25. Collingwood gets Billy Frampton. Adelaide gets the Magpies’ future third-round pick.
30. Melbourne gets Lachie Hunter. The Western Bulldogs get the Demons’ future third-round pick.

At the same time, why would the word “concern” be in play if was just poor rehabilitation by the bloke.

Reckon there could be more to the story and I don’t think it’s just rehabilitative nature, something else in the background has occurred that the club isn’t telling everyone, which they shouldn’t mention anyhow.

Team mates would be concerned and frustrated if Oliver was hooked on something. Makes sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if i am remembering this correctly. But did the dogs play hardball and make us give them our 2nd / 3rd round picks and we kept geelong’s? Cause if they did hahahahahahahaha

And if they didn’t i’ll just quietly stop enjoying my schadenfreude

Dizzy a long way away from being a list clogger. Providing he stays injury free, will be a big part of our defensive structure in 2024.

ML is it too wild a theory to imagine one of Payne or Dizz swinging forward? Both are clearly great defenders but probably can’t be both fit in after Doedee is fit

This is based on nothing me spitballing ideas

would like the club to be keeping tabs on aaron naughton and jamarra ugle hagan next year. both out of contract in 2024 and bulldogs have croft arriving this year so there is a squeeze on kpp there.

key position forward is the one position that gives me anxiety going forward. do not know how long daniher has left when his body has had some pretty significant issues across the journey.

we have had some good success pillaging footscray so far in adams and dunkley and either of naughton or ugle-hagan would be great acquisitions for us in a year where our draft picks will be used for points anyway. seems to be easier to get players out of there than most other clubs

definitely hope we can poach one of them next year

I’ve no idea who the **** in the list manager at the dogs but I’m going out on a limb to say they’re terrible at their job. A few years ago it was a joke that they were a team entirely made up of midfielders, now they’ve swung so far in the other direction, all their midfielders are leaving, and they’ve got entirely too many KPPs.

I’ve no idea who the * in the list manager at the dogs but I’m going out on a limb to say they’re terrible at their job. A few years ago it was a joke that they were a team entirely made up of midfielders, now they’ve swung so far in the other direction, all their midfielders are leaving, and they’ve got entirely too many KPPs.
its sam power who footscray fans treat with a weird amount of veneration on bigfooty

Evening fellas, anyone got some legit Dev mail? Presume he’ll either announce he’s staying with you at the B&F or announce that he’s leaving the day after? Does Doedee salary affect your ability to retain him? Cheers fellas, hope you win the flag next year if we can’t.

Maybe a little similar to the way the club hung on to Lester maybe? :think:;)
I actually ran into Lester a few years back while he was visiting his folks in the hills near Melbourne. Would not meet a nicer person. Was asking me questions and seemed genuinely interested in the answers. I can certainly see why the love him so much.

Doedee + ACL and possibly a midseason return to AFL/VFL + wants to leave i don't see the Crows matching our offer.

The Lions don't have much trade currency (presently 27, 46, 56, 62) and i think we keep pick 27.
Assuming Adelaide don't match our offer, the Crows may just take whatever the "Herbs & Spices" AFL compensation is.

2. Collingwood gets Bobby Hill and Pick 40. GWS gets Pick 43 and the Magpies’ future second-round pick.
7. The Western Bulldogs sign Liam Jones. Carlton receives a third-round pick (as of the trade, Pick 49) as compensation.
25. Collingwood gets Billy Frampton. Adelaide gets the Magpies’ future third-round pick.
30. Melbourne gets Lachie Hunter. The Western Bulldogs get the Demons’ future third-round pick.

Apologies in advance but I don't understand what you are trying to say with this post.
Doedee is a free agent he just walks to us for nothing and the crows will get compensation pick from afl.We will keep all picks with regards to Doedee. Not sure why you have comparisons to actual trades between clubs.
Again sorry if I've misunderstood your point.

Evening fellas, anyone got some legit Dev mail? Presume he’ll either announce he’s staying with you at the B&F or announce that he’s leaving the day after? Does Doedee salary affect your ability to retain him? Cheers fellas, hope you win the flag next year if we can’t.

Doubt Doedee coming changes anything since we’ve been chasing him most of the year. We’ve been linked to Coffield and there’s a chance we pursue him if Dev leaves but decide against it if Dev stays.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Suggestions I have read, is that Adelaide will receive Band 3 compensation, so a pick directly after where their second pick is, so pick 30 (note Adelaide traded their second round pick, but it should fall the pick after their second round ladder position).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back