List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing about this Jon aralph article, is that some posters here like Kernel believe that saints would actually give up a first rounder for 30 year old....

That's the funny thing

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You don't....have you been a fan for long?

They reported it on SEN too. Said the same deal and said we would have a win win with us getting a quality midfielder and them getting a small forward. They had it as the Bombers helping to get us a first round pick to give them for Shiel too. Not sure that it's all bullshit.

Its a flipping echo chamber Gringo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The football media feed off each other, they would have seen Ralph's bs and now they have a talking point to fill in some time.
Don't believe a second of it.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

You just have to clench your arse cheeks and hope to get through the trade period as a Saint. It's probably a load of bullshit.....but then there is always a bit of doubt at St Kilda.

At least we might get a pick 20 to take over Nick Haynes $950k over 4 years for 31 year old to make it look a bit better.

When was the last time the club gave up a first rounder for a 30 year old??

Bloody hell gringo, you're smarter than that....I thought...

I'm not saying we would....but I'm not saying we wouldn't either. We do some interesting things.

They reported it on SEN too. Said the same deal and said we would have a win win with us getting a quality midfielder and them getting a small forward. They had it as the Bombers helping to get us a first round pick to give them for Shiel too. Not sure that it's all bullshit.
We have form so as ridiculous as it looks you can never be 100% sure with st Kilda.

The funny thing about this Jon aralph article, is that some posters here like Kernel believe that saints would actually give up a first rounder for 30 year old....

That's the funny thing

Hilarious numbnuts, I thought there was absolutely no way we’d give up 4 picks and Acres for Brad Hill, a professional sports organisation couldn’t be that dumb.

We fixed Sydney’s salary cap problems and gave them picks for the privilege.

Ben McEvoy has more premierships than the club.

Surprise me with competence.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just have to clench your arse cheeks and hope to get through the trade period as a Saint. It's probably a load of bullshit.....but then there is always a bit of doubt at St Kilda.

At least we might get a pick 20 to take over Nick Haynes $950k over 4 years for 31 year old to make it look a bit better.

Isn’t Haynes contracted for just 1 more year?

Ralph seems to think Essendon will get 13 or 19 and Gresham and we will get Shiel. Doesn’t break any of the AFLs rules. Essendon paying Gresh 750k is reasonable with new CBA in his view.
So we would get a 31 year old and lose first round draft pick and Gresham....

It is but they also hear stuff as well.

Dodo leaking to his flunkies is where they hear it

-

In terms of the playing list, Lyon was asked whether he’d spoken to reported St Kilda trade target Dylan Shiel.

While Lyon didn’t deny that the club was interested in the Don, he refused to admit any talks had happened and pondered where the noise of a potential move had come from.

“Well as a club, we don't sort of conduct our business in the media,” Lyon said.

“There's a lot of noise around it.

“I know he missed the last 10 rounds with quite a few injuries.

“It (the noise) certainly wasn't generated from us.

“So I'm not sure where that's all come from, to be honest.”

Shiel played 12 games in 2023 but was the activated substitute on two occasions. He missed much of the back end of the season with a foot injury.

Hilarious numbnuts, I thought there was absolutely no way we’d give up 4 picks and Acres for Brad Hill, a professional sports organisation couldn’t be that dumb.

We fixed Sydney’s salary cap problems and gave them picks for the privilege.

Ben McEvoy had more premierships than the club.

Surprise me with competence.
Really poor example, it was to get 5 players over the line, gave away too much for Hill but it is nowhere near as idiotic of giving Gresham and pick 13 for Shiel with a huge salary.
Name any thing anywhere what Ralph is spouting.

Exactly People are misunderstanding. WE get 13 and Shiel , they get Gresham and part of his salary paid by us. In effect we are paying for his compo pick to be Band 1. Essendon DO NOT get a pick from us. Gresh is a FA remember
Oh, that's better than.

Ralph is off his head, I wonder if he means Essendon pay gresh enough for first round compo (currently 13), we take on shiels salary, and also swap our compo with essendons first (8), then trade a late novelty pick for Shiel.
So net gains/losses:

Saints
In:
Ess pick 8
Shiel

Bombers:
Gresham
Gresham compo (13)
4th round pick

We then head to the draft with essendons pick 8, and our current pick 12, or look to get into gold coasts pick 4 to nab whoever is left out of mckercher,duursma,Watson,Sanders

They bailed up RL on the way into the Brownlows and mentioned Shiel.
Ross didn't really comment much but he did say " he's been injured a lot hasn't he"? Also said, something along the lines of "that stuff wasn't coming from us ".

Dodo leaking to his flunkies is where they hear it

-

In terms of the playing list, Lyon was asked whether he’d spoken to reported St Kilda trade target Dylan Shiel.

While Lyon didn’t deny that the club was interested in the Don, he refused to admit any talks had happened and pondered where the noise of a potential move had come from.

“Well as a club, we don't sort of conduct our business in the media,” Lyon said.

Shiel played 12 games in 2023 but was the activated substitute on two occasions. He missed much of the back end of the season with a foot injury.

Lol you recalled it much better than i did.

For anyone who's not sure, here's what Ralph wrote. Note that the article was all in the conditional voice (would, could)...

St Kilda gets a first-round pick (selection 13) or end-of-first-round (pick 19) as free agency compensation for Gresham.

Then a week later in the trade period they hand that pick or something close to it back to Essendon for Dylan Shiel.
I'd rather keep 13 or 18 and not get shiel

Chris Scott just tore the AFL a new one over the North assistance package.

Asked how a team who played in 8 finals in the last decade who then blew up their list can get this treatment.
Ask Ross how many finals Saints had played in a decade, he said one (actually 3) and then said how many priority picks the Saints had got, answer = 0.
Said not up to AFL to manipulate the draft in this fashion.
Ross chimes up and says F/S, Academy gifts, now this.
Seems the coaches are pissed off at this bs charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back